“Enjoyable with good food ” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,567 of 3,167 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
“Enjoyable with good food ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Staying in Orlando we decided to drive into Orlando downtown/City one evening for something to eat , upon deciding on eating Mexican on that paticular night we stumbled upon this place , we where welcomed in and shown to a table in the middle of the bar / eatery , it was a Sunday when we visited so it was a little quieter , our waitress for the evening was nothing but a pleasure to deal with she was a true gem, lovely manner and very helpful, she brought is down our ordered drinks and a few plates of nachos and fresh salsa which was Devine , what more would you want but warm nachos and freshly made salsa to enjoy while deciding on our order, we all decided on just choosing a main course because the wonderful waitress brought us out some more yummy nachos as we where enjoying them so much, some of our party where new to Mexican dining so she was really helpful with helping them to decide , I chose the chicken quasaidillas and my partner chose a grounded beef done in a wrap which was superb, I wish I had ordered what he has ordered, my quasidallas where however faultless, other members if out party chose steak which was melt in your mouth delicious , the food was super and nothing was left on anyone's plates , there was constant fills on the soft drinks and we also had beer , the actual surroundings where nice , industrial sort of feel but overall very clean , when we got the bill we worked it out at $16 pp which included in a $30 tip to the waitress , we where so shocked at how cheap it was and for decent food , I would highly recommend this place to anyone , I would definitely visit again

Orlando, Florida
“A fun place on Church Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Don Jefe's recently opened on Church Street in Orlando. The restaurant and bar look very nice, and the staff is friendly. They also pour a nice drink. I did not have dinner during my visit; guess that will have to wait until the next trip.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Flagler Beach
“Special bartender/server”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were attending a concert in Orlando and had lunch on Church St at Don Jefe's. My husband connected with the bartender since they were both from Philadelphia even though there was a 40 year difference in age. To make a long story short we left and started to walk back to our hotel and about 2 blocks into our walk we heard our name being called. We had left our credit card and the bartender chased us for at least 2 blocks to return it. Very special person award. Unfortunately we couldn't remember his name but couldn't be too many from Philly. Also the drinks were good and the Taco Tuesday tacos were great.

Visited October 2013
“Great food, Fun Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Friday night with a group of friends for dinner and drinks. I had the smoked chicken quesadilla which was very good. My husband had the Chicharrones (braised pork belly) which he enjoyed. We shared smoked Chipotle and Chicharrones guacamole with chips which I thought had a little spicy kick to it but my husband did not. Either way it to was very good. We ate everything. Don Jefe's offers a great compact menu with enough choices to find something everyone will like but not too many choices that you are overwhelmed. I will definitely eat there again!

Visited August 2013
Orlando
“Good Drinks and Brunch Deals”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is pretty new to the Downtown area and it seems to be doing pretty well. It does get a bit packed and loud on Friday and Thursday nights. The happy hour deals are pretty good. The food portions are pretty large. I had the enchilada which was the size of a large burrito. For brunch you can have an entire bottle of champagne and large pitcher of OJ for $15. Sit outside for some prime people watching.

• Visited July 2013