“The service and staff is outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12250 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32826   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Phoenix, Arizona
“The service and staff is outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

As a travel agent I find that the staff truly makes the stay, not the hotel itself. Our company had the pleasure of working with Alyssa at the hotel to accommodate several important guests during a very busy weekend. Normally in a case like this other hotels would not have gone to the extent to help us that Alyssa did. Not only was Alyssa helpful, but she was polite, funny and made me feel like my concerns were important to her and the hotel.

We will always recommend this hotel to our Orlando guests not only based on the quality of the hotel but the quality and care the staff provides. Keep up the good work Alyssa and the rest of the team! :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
BruceGrube, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review! It’s always great to hear such a great comment about one of our staff member, especially from someone who’s part of the industry as well. We all take pride in providing the best service possible to all of our guests and your concerns are just as important to all of us. Alyssa was very pleased to read such a wonderful review and it’s definitely a big motivation to our entire staff. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we’re looking forward to see you return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Just what the title states. This location was close to food, shopping, walgreens, etc. Its fairly new. Modern design, clean, spacious rooms, and extremely affordable. We stayed 2 nights for about $250. Would recommend!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this review. Our property is fairly new, we've only been open since December 2013 and we’re so glad to hear you enjoyed everything about your stay. Our goal is to always provide the best service people and to exceed out guests expectations. We thank you for the recommendation and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you return soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My title says a lot. This is a relatively new hotel, I would guess only a few months open and they still have a few opening pains.

The hotel itself is really nice and the room they gave me was wonderful. I am a Platinum Member of the program and the staff really didn't understand a Platinum Member which was fine with me, since 99% of the staff at all Holiday Inn Express nationwide have no concept as to what a Platinum Member really is.

They gave me an upgraded room, which again, was wonderful. The shower was awesome. In the 1 night that I was there, I took 2 showers. Great shower and I like a great shower in a hotel. I used the exercise room which was fine, not off the charts, but good.

There may be good news or bad news on this. The breakfast at this brand new hotel is the same crap you get at all the other Holiday Inn Express hotels. I am not sure if that is good or bad news, but suffice to say that is the breakfast. The morning I ate at the hotel, the egg dishes had been burned as the edges of the omelett were dark brown and black.

I find it hard to comlain about a free meal, but they could certainly do something better. My bottom line, would I stay at this hotel again. YES, is my answer. The hotel provided me with what I wanted and they had an exercise room, which is important to me. The staff are, across the board, very helpful and very nice. One perhaps unfair comment is that I thought the front desk clerk should have ironed his shirt before work. I just think the front desk guy should be looking the best they can with nice crisp clothes and a healthy smile. I know the fact that his shirt looked like an unmade bed was there, but I wear a crisp white or blue shirt daily and I think others in the business world should do the same.

If you are even thinking about this hotel, give this place a try. I think it will work for you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
BruceGrube, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your compliments on our staff and also for your comments on our breakfast. We take each comment very seriously and use them to finds ways to better our service and our hotel. Glad you stated that you would return, we are looking forward to your next visit. Please stop by the front desk and ask for me so that I can meet you personally (Bruce Grube GM).
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel was basically brand new. It is conveniently located right on Colonial Drive just east of Alafaya. The room was very large. The bedding was comfortable and everything in the room was just right. I will be staying there as long as my daughter is a student there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
BruceGrube, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you so very much for your great comments. We have a great team dedicated to giving excellent service and your kind words are greatly appreciated by each and everyone of them.
Nashua, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had a reservation for 4 nights . My flight was delayed so I didn't get to the hotel till 2am . When I got there the clerk told me he had canceled my reservation ! ( 4 day reservation.) But he did have a room for 2 nights not 4 .(They were sold out )Then went to the room and check it out before checking us in , came back and started to check us in. For reasons nobody seems to know his system would not let him check us into the room. After 1 hour on the phone with his help desk ,he tells me there is nothing he can do. So there is a clean empty room with a customer over tired and waiting and because the computer will not let you rent it , you let a customer to fend for them self at 3am . Poor , Poor
customer service. At the very least call or E-mail that your canceling the reservation not matter what the reason. I guess if your sold out you can get more for the rooms . So I had to find a room for 4 nights at 3am in the morning . I am a Gold Elite member at Holiday Inn and have NEVER had a bad experience until this location.

Room Tip: Never trust your reservation at this Hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
BruceGrube, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
First, I want to sincerely apologize for your last stay and also reassure you that we never cancel reservations to resell rooms - ever. There are times when for some reason a credit card either has the wrong number or doesn't authorize for whatever reason that we cancel reservations - but these are the only times period. We would really like to make this up to you by giving you some points if you are an IHG Rewards member or a couple of free night stays. Please contact me via email with suggestions of how we might make this better for you. My name is Bruce Grube and my email address is bgrube@prmhotels.com. Hope to hear from you soon.
Schaumburg, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just returned from a one-night stay at this wonderful hotel near Waterford Lakes. The check-in was really fast and the staff was so nice - everyone had smiles on their face. The rooms were bright and I honestly don't think I have every stayed at a hotel that felt so clean and fresh. Free wi-fi connected super fast. Breakfast was really good with many options and in the 10 minutes we sat in the breakfast area, the cheese omelets were refreshed twice. They also have a quick pantry next to the front desk for drinks, light meals, snacks and Haagen-Daz.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
BruceGrube, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Yes, Waterford Lakes is just around the corner from us and we are so glad that you had a chance to experience it. We really like that fact that it provides shops, restaurants, and movies for our guests to easily get to. UCF is also very close to us. You might want to try out some of their facilities next time you are in the area. They have sporting events, concerts, shows, etc. We are so glad that you mentioned breakfast because our team knows that it is the one of the most important things we can provide to our guests which is a full, fresh, hot breakfast!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Brand new, nice people, easy to find. They have a lot of staff and are a bit overzealous - they need to knock before walking in the room. The breakfast was excellent for a HI Express...fresh fruit, CHobani yogurt, etc. The only complaint - in the gym, they should have monitors on the equipment - it was new and good quality - but why not spend to get the best?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our brand new hotel and greatly appreciate you noticing the wonderful staff that we have. We are pleased to find out that you had no trouble locating us. Fortunately for us, we have been very busy almost from the day that we opened, creating an immediate need to increase staffing levels. We are sorry that one of our employees did not announce themselves so we have intensified our training procedures and appreciate you bringing that to our attention. Once again, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area? Share your experiences!