“Not magical” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #151 of 3,176 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Citricos restaurant brings the cuisine of southern Europe to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Citricos chefs rotate dinner selections frequently for a focused menu of American dishes inspired by the cuisine of Provençe, Tuscany and the Spanish Riviera—such as steaks seared on an oak-filled grill, creative risotto, pastas, and seafood depending on the season.The main dining room is airy and decorated with hues of yellow and orange. Old-world furnishings, wrought-iron railings and mosaic-tile floors contribute to the warm Mediterranean décor. Located on the second floor of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, windows near select tables in Citricos provide a phenomenal view of the courtyard. Other tables allow you to peer into the bustling show kitchen. Meet the Head Chef at Citricos Restaurant. The Chef's Domain at Citricos Restaurant: For an exclusive gourmet dining event that brings you even closer to the action on the culinary stage, reserve The Chef's Domain at Citricos. Diners at The Chef's Domain may order from the traditional menu or choose to have the chef create a menu for them in a private dining room that seats up to 12 Guests. The Chef's Domain has one seating daily at 6:00 p.m.; reserve early.
Annapolis MD
“Not magical”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

The dinner was so disappointing. We had our whole evening planned out revolving around our early (5:30) reservation. We sat down right away, but waited, and waited, and waited. We were having a bottle of wine, talking, not really noticing that an hour had gone by and we still didn't see our meals. The server came up to us 2 more times to say our dinners would be right out. A half hour later...still nothing. We talked to a manager, she apologized saying they over booked, and weren't able to handle all the orders. This still doesn't make sense to me, but to make a long story short, we finally finished @ 8:20.
The food was warm, not hot. It was fine, but certainly not worth the 32$ price tag. We complained to the manager and she took the entrees off, but it was still an expensive meal, and we missed our evening activities.
So... I would not recommend dining here. We had really great dinners all through Disney, for a lot less money, a lot less hassle.

Shepherdstown, West Virginia
“Citricos' Mediterranean flavors and ambiance shine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

To paraphrase, dreams do come true at Disney's Citricos. First, you can have a relaxing, elegant meal and not feel guilty for bringing the kids. There's a children's menu and the wait staff are extremely welcoming to children. Second, you can indulge, but lightly. At a recent meal, the crab was tender and the swordfish succulent. The berry gratin was a relatively healthy dessert choice, light and refreshing. The perfect antidote to a frantic day in the park!

Massachusetts
“Reconsider for the Money~!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

The staff was pleasant and professional, the food was a dissapointment. We have been to many of the "upscale" restaurants at Disney and Epcot. I would not return to citricos. We were underwhelemed compared to our other experiences. The swordfish I ordered for my entree was smaller than the palm of my hand and was $32 and overcooked. The shrimp appetizer was very good. I think when you are spending soooo much money at Disney you want to get what you pay for. We had a great dining experience at the Flying Fish Cafe, The Yachtsman Steak House, The restaurant in "France" at Epcot, California Grill, Arthurs 27. I would return to those restaurants before I spent the outrageous sum we did at Citricos for a sub par meal....Sorry.

Tampa, Florida
“Enjoyable Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

Citricos is located in the Grand Floridian Hotel on the Disney property. Restaurant is decorated very nice and we were able to get a window table where we could enjoy a partial viewing of some of the fireworks displayed over the castle. Our waiter, James, was outstanding and suggested many of the items to try that were great especially the shrimp appetizer. An enjoyable place to eat to be able to relax after a long day playing tourist. A little pricey, but have found most of the restaurants located in the various Disney hotels on the pricey side as well.

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Dennys or Big boy quality filet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

Your average backyard chief can cook a steak properly.
apparently not at Citrocos!

I ordered the filet, medium.
It arrived burned crispy black on the outside. I cut off the tip and it went crunch.
I cut into the center and it was grey. The steak was beyond well done. I think it was cooked under the space shuttle solid rocket boosters that launched earlier in the day.
I sent it back, explaining that it was totally burned and that I would like it medium
What returned to me was the exact same plate which my previous steak had been on, that seemed to have been microwaved. One side of the new steak was again burned black on the outside. This time the inside was sort of medium rare on the non-black side and more medium-well towards the black side.
Do they use a blow torch to cook their steaks? Seriously.
I was tired of sending my steak back so I cut off the burned end and ate the rest of the filet, which was flavorful and tender. The quality of meat is not the issue. I question the skill of the cook, as well as the chief who saw that burned steak and still sent it out. Everybody can make a mistake but two consecutive steaks cooked like this tells me they are just sloppy and don't care about quality. It makes one wonder what other shortcuts they take.
The mediterranean sampler appetizer was a joke for 12$. It consisted of quarter sized portions of olive tapenade and bean paste ( both delicious just really no more than a toddler's teaspoon worth ) , An inedible artichoke heart., 4 teeny tiny olives with pits (. There was no way to eat them since they were all pit. They weren't garnish. They were part of the appetizer ) , a single small slice of prosciutto, which was flavorful, just very small, and a single pinky finger sized piece of mozzarella cheese. Again, the flavor was fine but the portion was very small. Then to top it off there were the two wafer thin sized pieces of grilled bread ( for Catholics, think of a communion host in terms of size , flavor and thicness )
For dessert we have the warm banana chocolate cake and it was spectacular.
The two wines paired on the menu for both my appetizer and my filet were both nice, though I noticed one of the wines suggested for one of the appetizers is a $6.99 a bottle available at Whole Foods ( Not that you can't find an excellent wine for under 10$. I've tried it before and it's OK, but there are far far better wines out there especially when this is the wine suggested for an appetizer at a presumably fine restaurant)

Our server Nadeem was really nice. No problems with him. The hostess was also fine.
I have no problem with any of the front of house staff but the scrimpy low quality appetizer and the awfully cooked steaks make me wonder how Citroco's tries to call itself a fine dining experience. That's a joke.
We ate across the hallway at Victoria and Albert's last year and really enjoyed it. A great experience. Worth the high price if you want a unique and fantastic dining experience. I don't mind paying for quality. What I do mind is paying for garbage. That is a rip off and I consider Citrico's to be a rip off.
The following evening we dined at Shulas and the steak was fabulous. They know how to run a kitchen there. I recommend eating there instead for the same price ( or less )