“Awesome food great service good good good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MoonFish

MoonFish
7525 W. Sand Lake Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Doctor Phillips)
+1 407-363-7262
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
MoonFish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 3,166 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: The Fountains Plaza at Dr Phillips
Description: MoonFish, rated as one of the Top Ten Seafood Restaurants in America, serves the "Freshest Seafood from the Oceans of Planet Earth" with 10-13 species of fresh fish flown in daily from all over the world. In addition to fish-fusion cuisine, MoonFish features mid-western aged steaks cooked over a natural wood-burning pit, a sushi bar creating the freshest and most uniquely presented sushi and an award winning wine list. The vibrant atmosphere combines modern art and ingenuity along with a Pacific flair to stimulate the senses.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome food great service good good good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Very impressive place. The food was great their fish are tasty. We also had pork chop this food is to die for, i never have had better than this one the price was just $16 for a big size. The server offered their home made fries which was so different, just a little salty but different big and chunky fries. The fish was really good, the server was nice and going out of her way to help. The only thing i can say negative about place it is freezing cold, i had to go and get my winter jacket from the car in the middle of September. :)

• Polish first
Florida
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Our wine group of 40 people chose Moonfish for a special dinner out. This was our first time there and it will not be our last. Even though we were a group in a private dining room setting, everything was done to perfection. We started out at the bar before dining and enjoyed huge delicious well-made martinis. Once seated in our private room, the servers came over and opened our bottles of wine before serving a tasty good-sized salad followed by a filet and lobster tail. Our server came around and asked how everyone wanted their steak and they were done to perfection. A yummy dessert followed concluding this great meal. Usually big group meals are just so so but that certainly was not the case here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
The Villages, Florida
“Moon over Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

All good. Go to this place if you are in town visiting and want to know what the rest aunt scene in Orlando SHOULD be about. From the minute you enter your welcomed like an old friend, sit at the bar, or right in front of the sushi chefs, who's work is extra special. This was my fifth visit, I am blessed to travel for business and this is one of my favorite spots to entertain, or just come alone to enjoy good food prepared very well. Tonight my waitress was named Anastasia, not only was she very pleasant to talk to, her knowledge of the menu items, specials and food in general gave me an extra good feeling about my meal. Eric the manager introduced himself mid meal, and was very concerned that I was enjoying my meal, no problem, it's hard not to. I had the daily special, especially prepared to benefit a local charity, how could I resist!!! Enjoy enjoy enjoy....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Granger, Indiana
“Awesome Food, pretty good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were dining with 11 people total, 3 of them children under 3 years of age. The dinner started out good with the service, our server was very attentive. But then as the night went on we didn't see him much. The place started to get busy and he got busy with other tables, the "helper" that got drinks and such ended up finishing our table with the checks and everything. The Food: I did not care for the salad, but I don't like goat cheese or beets. The crab legs were out of this world fantastic. I did not eat my dessert as we were trying to leave, with 3 crabby kids, and our waiter had left us, we tried to get them to-go, but the waitress kept leaving us. She did bring some of the desserts we had ordered and then charged us for one we did not get. We were trying to leave and it took over 20 minutes to get the bill. I understand they were busy but half our table had left and we were standing there waiting to pay and leave.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Outstanding Meal, Service and Wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had an exceptional waiter Michael... That recommended not one wine, but two that we uncorked... Our guests were in from Denver and we treated them to an amazing meal... Please don't hesitate to make reservations if you are in Orlando... Highly recommended.