“WOW - Great German Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“WOW - Great German Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We visited on a Saturday night and the restaurant was filled with large lively parties (e.g. birthdays!) and a fun accordian player providing great music. We were promptly seated and we waited on by an older German woman. She was LOVELY and we greatly enjoyed her! She also well deserved (and received from us!) more than the 15% gratuity that is included in the bill.

We started with Warsteiner (of course!) and potato pancakes. Also ordered 1/2 cucumber and 1/2 tomato salad (tasty dressing!), kase spatzle, red cabbage, potato salad (which, contrary to what a review states below, can be of the warm OR cold variety dependent upon region), and bratwurst. We also had the very tasty lentil soup and goulash (could have ordered buckets full of both - they were that good!). For dessert, we had black forest cake and apple strudel. EVERYTHING was OUTSTANDING! If legal age, you also get a complimentary aperitif after dinner - I believe it was creme de menthe.

I have no idea how anyone could complain about this place - we had SO much fun and were filled to the brim with DELICIOUS German food. I felt like I was right back in my German grandmother's kitchen!

Visited February 2014

Ocala, FL
“Barf! Save your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This place is a dump. Food was cold server never came back to check. Horrible. Owner came to visit table and was nice and apologetic but didn't do a thing about it.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“"GOOD GERMAN FOOD WITH A GERMAN HOME FEEL"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

First time eating here and I enjoyed the wiener schnitzel, potato cake and spaetzle. It made me feel I was a guest for dinner in a german home. The older german lady that greeted us was very friendly along with the elderly gentleman playing the accordion. I

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
debbutcher
“Such a quaint, fun, delicious experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is an adorable little authentic German restaurant. The owner is from Germany and she is a hoot. It is reasonably priced and the portions are plenty. We had my Son's 33rd birthday here and we all had a great time. Having grown up in a German family this place brought back many good memories from my younger days. You will not be disappointed. The decor is like sitting in your German Granny's dining room. Can't wait to return. Thank you,

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Went home with an upset stomach”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in Orlando sorting out an immigrations issue at the airport, and he was missing the food back at home, so we went to Bauern-Stube based on GPS recommendation. It was nearby, so we figured it would be quick and decent food.

I had the Fleischkaese, which I'm assuming is supposed to be like Leberkaese, and it was ok, but definitely didn't resemble the Leberkaese I've grown to love. The bf had schnitzel, and his was fine, but the side dishes were all wrong. The spaetzle had some weird kind of cheese on it which was supposedly Swiss but tasted off. The Kartoffelsalat was warm (it's served cold in Germany). The mashed potatoes even tasted funky.

The waitress seemed to think that it was odd that we were able to finish our meals as quickly as we did, and made a point of pointing this out, but left us to sit with dirty dishes in front of us and didn't hand us our check for ages. She's lucky 15% gratuity is already added to the check.

Both my boyfriend and myself went home with upset stomachs and had more room in our stomachs. You're better off going to a touristic restaurant.

• Visited August 2013