“Hit and miss” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Olivia's Cafe, a casual restaurant at Disney's Old Key West Resort, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Specializing in home-style American cuisine—comfort food with a Key West influence.Start the day with a sweet breakfast special at Olivia's Cafe: Banana Bread French Toast. Lunchtime favorites center on comfort food like cheeseburgers and pasta. For dinner try specialties such as conch chowder, coconut-encrusted mahi mahi, and slow-roasted prime rib. Dishes are served a la carte.As breezy and relaxed as Key West itself, Olivia's Cafe invites you to have a leisurely lunch beneath the wicker fans turning slowly over the tables and chairs. Or during fair weather, dine al fresco on the patio. Don't forget to satisfy your sweet tooth with Olivia's celebrated key lime tart.
Ocoee, Florida
“Hit and miss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have been to Olivia's a few times. We find that the service and quality of food to be hit and miss. Some of the issue is that the menus have become very generic through the last 5-10 years so the unique fare that was once Olivia's seems to have lost something. We also find that service is hit and miss. The restaurant has kind of a feast or famine with wait staff as the place can be uncrowded for the entire week only to be filled to the walls on one meal. Obviously, staffing is based on the typical load seen by the restaurant and at times can feel like it is understaffed.

Visited April 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Down Home Cooking - Away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Let me start out by saying that Olivia's Cafe, does not stop service. Lunch into dinner is a continual service time, which is great for those of us who forget to eat until 3:30 when all the other restaurants are closing for dinner prep.
It is usually pretty quiet in there, an occasional large rowdy party will come in, but then they are generally seated in a back room that is almost enclosed, so you hardly hear them. It is always clean, the servers and hosts are always pleasant, and you never feel rushed, although like I said, by the time I'm eating it's likely they haven't seen a soul in the last hour, so it might be nice to do something.
Now for the fun part - drinks!! I don't know if it is a restaurant exclusive, but they have delicious mango iced-tea, it's unsweetened, but you really don't need a sweetener in it, it is so good. It doesn't taste all chemically like many flavored Iced teas which I really genuinely appreciate. For those of you who enjoy a cocktail or a beer with your lunch (or need to unwind after an afternoon with screaming children), they also have a full bar, hoo-ray. Now while it is a Disney bar and their shots are measured, the drinks taste so darn good anyways, it doesn't matter if you're not lit after one drink.
And now the best part -the food. At first you may look at the menu and think, "oh this is nothing special, shrimp and grits, meatloaf, salad, blah" what you're missing is in the details. I bring family members to this restaurant every time they visit and not one person has said that their food has been anything less than spectacular. I love the Cobb Salad, although beware, it's enormous. But it's also not super expensive! In that case you are definitely getting a lot of bang for your buck, and truly, it's like that with most of the entrees.
I have been flip-flopping back and forth between shrimp and grits and the scallops with polenta, they're both delightful. Everything is always cooked to perfection, and the flavors divine. Both of those dishes can be a little spicy though, so be aware, if you're sensitive. The fried chicken is also a family favorite. I know you're thinking "why pay so much for fried chicken when I can get it at kfc for so much less?" The answer is, God made this chicken. I mean, I don't know if he actually cooked it in its delicious buttermilk batter, but I'm going out on a limb and saying He willed it this way.
On top of all that, they serve bread prior to your entrée service, that is unreal. It's a coconut pineapple bread that taste like the islands melted in your mouth. I have and uncle that ordered his own loaf so he could have it all to himself.
In addition to all of the wonderful things I've already said, I'd like to reiterate that the prices here are some of the best you'll see on property. Now I'm not saying it's like eating at McDonalds, but for theme park/hotel dining, it's pretty darn reasonable.
The final wonderfully positive thing I have to say is about Karen. Karen has been my server, mmm, I would say 90% of the time I go, and she is always a delight. She is always very friendly, doesn't hover over you, but is there when you need anything, even if it's just an anecdote for the day. Yay Karen!

The only semi-negative thing I have to say about Olivia's is that their dessert menu doesn't stand up to their app/entrée menu. I'm not a super huge dessert fan much, anyways, so I don't feel like my comments here deplete from the overall score I gave for the restaurant. It does seem like the desserts are just kind of eh, after everything else, although if you have room to eat dessert after everything else, you must have a bottomless pit for a stomach!

All in all, one of my favorite places to go, even during the busy season.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Nostalgic & good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

If you are ever at Olivia's when they are serving their buttermilk fried chicken, order it! (unless you don't like fried chicken!) It has not been on the daily menu in years, but is a terrific, if not exactly healthy entree. :-)

Olivia's serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and is a nice part of Disney's Old Key West Resort & Villas. Great onion rings, soups, and we have always been pleased with our meals here, and the service.

Visited November 2013
NYC
“Gluten free and kid friendly - terrific drinks and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had read good things about Olivia's and they lived up to their reputation. We stopped in for dinner without a reservation with a semi-cranky toddler in tow. The staff showered him with stickers, crayons and apple juice and he rebounded immediately. They showered us with fantastic mixed drinks, GF rolls with dipping sauce and terrific meals (cobb salad and cuban sandwich). We will absolutely return to Olivia's when we are in the area.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winchester, Kentucky
“Food was good not excellent!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We ate here for lunch and it was really quite! The food was good but by no way outstanding! I had a chicken dish that was good! I would probably not eat here again. A family member wanted to
Eat here so we did. It's kind of out of the way to get too!

• Visited December 2013