“Tonga Toast and the Big Kahuna” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kona Cafe

Kona Cafe
Disney's Polynesian Resort, Walt Disney World 1600 Seven Seas Drive, Orlando, FL 32830
(407) WDW-DINE
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #214 of 3,000 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Asian, Contemporary, Polynesian, Pacific Rim
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Kona Cafe infuses a bit of Asian zest into traditional American breakfast, lunch and dinner fare in Disney's Polynesian Resort. Indulge in the scrumptious cinnamon and banana-stuffed Tonga Toast or choose from a variety of more savory breakfast options like a variety of egg dishes and pineapple macadamia nut pancakes.At midday, satisfy your hunger with an Island chicken sandwich and housemade sweet potato chips, shrimp and scallops, or other tasty entrees. Dine in the evening on delicacies such as a selection of fresh fish, grilled ginger-crusted ribeye steak or coconut almond chicken.As you enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of this Polynesian restaurant, feast your eyes across the onstage open pastry kitchen that prepares divine desserts. Kona Cafe offers authentic Kona coffee as a perfect pairing to these pastries, or as a rich addition to any meal.
Good Hope, Illinois, United States
“Tonga Toast and the Big Kahuna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We ate here before we had to check out and it did not disappoint. My hubby had the Tonga Toast which is very thick french toast stuffed with banana and a side of strawberry compote and it was soooo good. I got the Big Kahuna which consists of Macadamia nut and pineapple pancakes, regular french toast, ham, bacon, sausage and hah browns, so you get a little taste of everything. My husband helped me eat my breakfast because it is a lot of food. If we go again I will try the pancakes by themselves, they were so good and I didn't get enough. My husband loved the Tonga Toast and said it was the best french toast he's had. This is a must if you go to Disney.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

There were many other places we could have dined. We only tried the Lunch menu so maybe it was lacking something the dinner menu provided. The server was nice but spread a bit thin between too many tables. Time is your worst enemy in Disney World, so that kinda turned me off. Good for families though.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Macadamia Nut Pancakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Every time we go to WDW, we have to make sure to eat at the Kona Cafe. We've only been there for breakfast, but it is awesome. My husband had the Big Kahuna and it was very good and fills you up. I had my favorite the macadamia nut pancakes... oh my goodness.. too good to describe. The coffee is the perfect top off to the pancakes.. You can't beat the service. You're sitting basically right in the middle of the Polynesian Ceremonial House. This is a must place to try for breakfast. Can't go wrong here!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Monroe, NY
“Love the Samoan!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Aloha!! Had another delicious breakfast here! Ordered the Samoan - pulled pork with poached egg, hollandaise sauce and arugula. Amazing. Tried my husband's Tonga Toast - wow, really good. It comes with strawberry puree (not needed but really good). Ordered the press pot with 100% Kona coffee. This was interesting - never tried that before. Server was very sweet and friendly. This place is consistently a good choice.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Plano, Texas
“Nice breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stopped in for breakfast with an advanced reservation. It's a popular place so we still got to stand outside in the hotel lobby with a pager. It happens at WDW. I enjoyed my Big Kahuna plate, it has a little of everything without being a massive plate of food to fill up your arteries. We had booked the place because the coffee was supposed to be a nearly magical blend but that ended up a disappointment as it was nothing special. The restaurant ambiance is pleasing, it is a relatively small place that opens up to the second floor of the lobby so if you like people watching you will have plenty of opportunity.

• Visited January 2014