“Excellent Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kona Cafe

Kona Cafe
Disney's Polynesian Resort, Walt Disney World 1600 Seven Seas Drive, Orlando, FL 32830
(407) WDW-DINE
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #205 of 3,093 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Pacific Rim
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: The Kona Cafe infuses a bit of Asian zest into traditional American breakfast, lunch and dinner fare in Disney's Polynesian Resort. Indulge in the scrumptious cinnamon and banana-stuffed Tonga Toast or choose from a variety of more savory breakfast options like a variety of egg dishes and pineapple macadamia nut pancakes.At midday, satisfy your hunger with an Island chicken sandwich and housemade sweet potato chips, shrimp and scallops, or other tasty entrees. Dine in the evening on delicacies such as a selection of fresh fish, grilled ginger-crusted ribeye steak or coconut almond chicken.As you enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of this Polynesian restaurant, feast your eyes across the onstage open pastry kitchen that prepares divine desserts. Kona Cafe offers authentic Kona coffee as a perfect pairing to these pastries, or as a rich addition to any meal.
long island, new york
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were there over the summer and had reservations for 4. We finally sat down after a 30 minute wait, which was a bit chaotic because we were starving!! We sat down and had great service the entire time. The bread and butter are to die for. We also had some buffalo wings and they too were awesome.
Each of us had our main course and truly enjoyed the meal and the experience.

I will absolutely be back at this place next time we are in Disney.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

81% Recommend
Cocoa, Florida
“Lunch is great... dinner just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've eaten at Kona Cafe over a dozen times in the past 2 years. Always got the pan fried chicken with coconut and mango sauces at lunch and the similar dish at dinner. I can't get enough of it. It's kind of like eating dessert for the entree. Unfortunately they did away with this dish for dinner and don't have anything now that appeals to me in the least, which is the reason the overall rating is just average. For lunch I would rate them Excellent but for dinner they've dropped from Excellent all the way to Poor in my book. I assume the change is due to a chef rotation, which for Disney restaurants, always results in a change of menu and most of those changes are for the worse. It happened at Boma when chef TJ left also (food got worse and prices got higher).

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Loved this restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I actually ate here alone, since my flight came in much earlier than my family's and we were on the dining plan. As a drink, I was able to get a virgin pina colada! Yum! This was the only table service restaurant I ate at that would do that. Everywhere else only lets you get the typical Coke products.They bring out a little round loaf of bread that is so yummy. I got a tempura shrimp sushi roll. Delicious! The chef even came by and asked how I liked it. For dessert I had the Kilauea torte. Overall, this was one of the best meals I have had in a long time! My waitress, Nikola, was so great too. I will definitely be eating there on every WDW trip in the future.

“Just what we wanted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We came upon the Kona Grill for a last minute dinner. Given no reservations in the Polynesian were available & not able to walk another step after a great day at Epcot, we lucked out with 2 seats at the sushi bar with Scott as our waiter. We needed help with our sushi choice & he was spot on with the recommendation. It was delicious & he was so helpful and knowledgeable on the different elements of the dish. We had the steamed pork buns & noodle dish too-both equally good but we were really blown away by the sushi. We appreciated Scott's hospitality & being able to score a fabulous meal at the last minute.

Bradford, Massachusetts, United States
“Really Good Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I ate here for breakfast because I had heard about the tonga toast and really wanted to try it. So of course I ordered the tonga toast which is deep fried banana stuffed sourdough french toast coated in cinnamon sugar with a strawberry compote. The tonga toast without the strawberry compote was very yummy but after coating it in the compote it was to die for. My wife had the pineapple macadamia pancakes which were also really good, but she couldn't get over how good the strawberry compote was so she kept dipping her pancakes in it. I'll definitely be stopping here again on future trips.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere