“Delicious food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kona Cafe

Kona Cafe
Disney's Polynesian Resort, Walt Disney World 1600 Seven Seas Drive, Orlando, FL 32830
(407) WDW-DINE
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #236 of 3,176 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Pacific Rim
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: The Kona Cafe infuses a bit of Asian zest into traditional American breakfast, lunch and dinner fare in Disney's Polynesian Resort. Indulge in the scrumptious cinnamon and banana-stuffed Tonga Toast or choose from a variety of more savory breakfast options like a variety of egg dishes and pineapple macadamia nut pancakes.At midday, satisfy your hunger with an Island chicken sandwich and housemade sweet potato chips, shrimp and scallops, or other tasty entrees. Dine in the evening on delicacies such as a selection of fresh fish, grilled ginger-crusted ribeye steak or coconut almond chicken.As you enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of this Polynesian restaurant, feast your eyes across the onstage open pastry kitchen that prepares divine desserts. Kona Cafe offers authentic Kona coffee as a perfect pairing to these pastries, or as a rich addition to any meal.
Springfield, Missouri
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We ate here twice on our last visit to WDW. Staying at the Poly, this was close and fun. My family loves the Polynesian Steak. The chocolate cake and Kona Kone are also favorites.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sioux City, Iowa
“Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner... Always a Winner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Kona Cafe is known for their inspired breakfast (especially the banana stuffed french toast), but this was the first time I'd eaten dinner here. I was surprised at how long we had to wait, given the fact that we had a reservation. We actually got there very early and grabbed some lapu lapu's at the bar (the popular pineapple drink). The restaurant was empty at that point. I waited until it was closer to our reservation time, and by that point there was a long line outside the restaurant. We ended waiting another 25 minutes! I ordered the sticky wings app (I asked the waitress if they were the same as the ones at 'OHana and she said Kona Cafe's are better.... I thought they tasted pretty much the same). For my entree... the teriyaki steak, which I had very high expectations for. It fell a little bit short, but was good. Others at our table had the Kona rubbed pork and the pan-asian noodles. Both got great reviews. The highlight for me was the banana chocolate creme brulee. This was a unique spin on a classic dessert. Now that I've eaten all three meals here I'd say you can't go wrong not matter what time of day. Kona Cafe doesn't hold a candle to 'OHana, but with a more affordable menu, you can't expect it to. With its open air seating you can enjoy one of the best resorts on property, the Polynesian Resort, and fill up on good food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Desserts can't be beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We always choose this restaurant as one of our stops when we travel to Disneyworld. The menu is creative yet still reasonable for Disney. The warm sweet bread with nut butter is amazing, and we especially enjoy the desserts. Highly recommended.

Visited January 2013
Naperville, Illinois
“A tried and true favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a wonderful place for a generous breakfast but make sure to get reservations in the high season. The service is great and friendly and the menu offers some unique favorites.

Visited January 2013
Ithaca, New York
“Beautiful setting, lovely breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had heard that Kona was a nice place for breakfast, and we weren't disappointed. As is so often the case with Disney, the staff was top notch - such a treat. The food was fine, especially the fruit served in a 1/2 pineapple. I agree with an earlier reviewer, skip Ohana, go here if you're going to eat at this resort. I ordered the Tonga Toast, not as taken with it as others, but it's nice.

• Visited January 2013