“Dissapointed” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Narcoossee's serves a spectacular selection of fresh seafood at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. A Signature Dining restaurant, Narcoossee's offers dinners with a coastal theme—seared grilled scallops, crab-crusted halibut, grilled wild king salmon and steamed whole Maine lobster from North American waters.The menu at Narcoossee's appeals to a range of tastes. In addition to seafood specialties, it also includes filet mignon, chicken breast and vegetable dishes. Be sure to save room for the mouthwatering desserts, such as the key lime crème brûlée and the almond-crusted cheesecake with Lambert cherry sauce.Fireworks Viewing From Our VerandahNarcoossee's sits on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon in an airy, eight-sided pavilion. Make your reservation after nightfall so that you can enjoy spectacular views of the Wishes fireworks show in Magic Kingdom theme park from Narcoossee's restaurant!
St. Catharines, Canada
“Dissapointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Our waiter was Amer, from Germany, and Rin and I both really liked him. I’ve been looking forward to this meal since we ate here in 2009. We both ordered Chocolate Milkshakes to drink, but it turned out they’d been changed to Chocolate Smoothies. They were nothing like the fabulous milkshake I had had in 2009, but they were acceptable.
We placed the rest of our orders, and were brought some Sourdough Bread. It was ok, but a little crustier that I’d prefer, and I’m a huge fan of crusty bread. I’m also not a big fan of sourdough.
Then came the appetizers. Rin had the Lump Crab Cakes, and thought they were good, but that she’d had better elsewhere. I had the Rhode Island Calamari, and this is where I think exhaustion caught up to me. Nothing seemed right. First off, I had asked for it with Garlic Toast, which they didn’t do. Second, the calamari had rings and tentacles, and I don’t like the tentacles. Third, it just didn’t taste good. But again, I may have just been over tired.
Next came our mains. I had really wanted the Tanglewood Farms Chicken Breast with Bacon Vinaigrette that was recently taken off the menu. I asked the Club Level concierge to call ahead to request it, but she said it would be best just to ask our server. They didn’t have any Bacon Vinaigrette, so no chicken for me. I had the Grilled Filet Mignon instead, cooked Medium. The menu online says that it comes with Potato Gratin, but mine came with Roasted Potatoes and Vegetables. I can’t remember if I requested that, or if that’s how it comes now. It was ok, but nothing spectacular. I feel that I had much better steak later in the trip.
Rin had the Surf and Turf which she enjoyed. She felt the lobster was quite good, but that she too had better steak later in the trip.
Finally, dessert. We were both full at this point, so got the desserts to go. We never ate them since we were always full from everything else we ate.
Final Thoughts
Am I Glad I Ate Here? - Despite the fact that I was disappointed with the meal, I am glad I ate here. Basically, it gave me closure, and the knowledge that I won’t be going back any time soon. I’ll always treasure my first meal here, but I feel that it’s just not worth it to go back.
Would I Go Back? - Well, again, no. At least, not any time soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Voorhees, New Jersey
“wow, again....will never skip a trip here on a visit to WDW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

The service, ambiance, food, and magic were the epitome of Disney. We were treated to champagne for our anniversary and the food was marvelous. I had Mahi-Mahi encrusted in crab meat, which was delicious. My wife had the filet mignon, she loved it. The servers were very receptive to gluten intolerance and we had no issues. Our waitress was wonderful!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Don't Waste $64 on the Surf and Turf and go for the Steamed Whole Maine Lobster.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I ordered the Surf & Turf and its not worth $64.00. However, others at the table ordered the Maine Lobster and its a very fresh Lobster and they crack it for you. Almond-crusted Cheesecake is the best dessert at Walt Disney. Also, don't forget to order the french press coffee yum. Its the only place I know at Disney were they make real coffee.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ashburn, Virginia
“Great view for romantic setting, personal attention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

This is a great location for a dinner for 2-4, they have no problem accommodating a larger party but due to the layout of the dining room it is a much better setup for 2-4. The surf and turf here has never been disappointing if you can secure a reservation. My best advice is time it with magic kingdom fireworks and the lights dim throughout, I always like to time this with dessert and a great french press. If you would like adult only dinner without cost of victoria and alberts and you can leave the children very close at the kids club in the main Grand Floridian Building for those worry warts but need some much needed alone time. Enjoy

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

This is a must restaurant to go to, the service was perfect, plenty of attention given by the server when you needed it but gave us plenty of time to enjoy our meal also - just right!!! Lovely setting overlooking the castle at Magic Kingdom and the food was to die for.

I had Fillet Steak which was cooked to perfection and my partner had the chicken dish which he said was also lovely, we both had their cheescake for dessert which is encrusted in almonds and was the best cheescake I have ever tasted......so much so my husband wanted to come back for the desert alone. Great night and would recommend this restaurant for ticking every box.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere