“Greek Done Right” 5 of 5 stars

(407) 273-7836
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Olympia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #572 of 3,175 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sue Ann St
Description: We are pleased you have chosen to dine with us this evening. Olympia has been family owned and operated since 1979 serving the finest in Greek cuisine in a friendly and authentic atmosphere . OPA !
Florida
“Greek Done Right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

An icon of Greek food in Orlando, this restaurant provides great meals which are freshly prepared and delicious. The restaurant is unassuming from the outside, but beautiful inside. Plenty of easy parking too.

Belly dancing shows on Friday/Saturday (check before you go) plus professional and friendly wait staff make this a superb place for a real Greek meal.

Visited February 2013

“Great traditional greek food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Came here for a lunch on a Sunday afternoon. Despite only having one server and multiple tables the service was great and personable. The food was some of the best greek food I have had in a while and the pricing was great for Orlando. The Poseidon said was terrific.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ocala, Florida
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We ate at Olympia on Valentine's Day. While we had reservations for 7:30 p.m., we decided to try and go early and then take in a movie. We arrived at about 5:30 p.m. and were seated immediately. The service was exceptional, too.

We had an appetizer and, realizing the size of the portions, asked if it would be okay to share an entree. This was not a problem, so we chose the Hercules Platter. I consisted of an array of Greek specialties and was huge! I cannot imagine one person finishing this plate.

Then, a belly dancer appeared...a very nice surprise. The show was nice, yet unobtrusive.

All in all, a very nice experience!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
USA
“Can't ask for anything better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Okay so we found this restaurant by means of yelp. We read the reviews and thought we would try it. Well we used open table for our reservation. We got here and didn't need it. Place was moderately busy. Make reservation Friday or Saturday if you want to eat at 8 pm because they have belly dancer and seats around her can fill up fast. My wife had the Olympia platter and she absolutely loved it. The only down fall was that she wished she could eaten more. I had the gyro platter which was amazing and we know Greek food. We had the flaming cheese and was by far some of the best. I also had the horitki salad which was great. Our server Yulia was awesome and told us they have $4.95 lunch specials we will be back soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, FL
“Very poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We had a very weird experience here. I still do not know if the server was not well trained or just insulting on purpose. I asked for a bottle of wine and he brought it opened with the cork on a side. I told him I would not accept an already opened bottle and that I wanted the bottle opened in front of me. I think that that is a very fair request. He said that he would bring another bottle. A moment later, he came back with the SAME bottle! The only difference was that they had put the cork back into the bottle. He just left the bottle on the table and left without opening it. At this point I was steaming but I tried to keep a calm attitude. Just to make sure, I decided to try and open the bottle myself. The cork popped out so easily that ha 5-year old could have done with one hand.

I called him again and told him that he had brought the same bottle. To add insult to injury, he replied that it was a different bottle. I am a wine lover and I have opened hundred of bottles (I keep the corks in a big container at home) and I know the difference between an open bottle and one that is not. Then I told him I would not pay for that bottle and asked a different one, this time SEALED, and I wanted it opened in front of me. He finally brought a new bottle but again, he left it on the table.

I was unable to enjoy our meal because of such a poor service. I wasn't asking too much but it seems that he was determined to not do his job.

It is a pity because food was good. My motto is "a meal without wine is not a meal". So having had such a bad experience with the server is deal breaker for me. Because of this incident I decided not to ever come back here. They need to learn a great deal about customer service.

• Visited April 2012