“Greek Done Right” 5 of 5 stars

(407) 273-7836
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #722 of 3,046 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sue Ann St
Description: We are pleased you have chosen to dine with us this evening. Olympia has been family owned and operated since 1979 serving the finest in Greek cuisine in a friendly and authentic atmosphere . OPA !
Orlando, Florida
“Greek Done Right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

An icon of Greek food in Orlando, this restaurant provides great meals which are freshly prepared and delicious. The restaurant is unassuming from the outside, but beautiful inside. Plenty of easy parking too.

Belly dancing shows on Friday/Saturday (check before you go) plus professional and friendly wait staff make this a superb place for a real Greek meal.

Visited February 2013

86% Recommend
“Rude and unprofessional ... Food was terrible! Manager was drunk and yelling at me.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I am always seeking out new greek restaurants as greek food is my favorite. I recently for the first time had purchased a certificate off of restaurant.com for this restaurant. After visiting this restaurant I won't be trusting certificates again. As my friend and I arrived to Olympia for some much needed girl time... The restaurant looked closed, as we continued to walk we were "greeted" by two people sitting down drinking a bottle of wine and smoking, who by our surprise were the waitress and the owner. As we entered the restaurant the smell of dirty carpet hits ya and the empty seats make you doubt you decision but the decore was Ok. With our certificate of $25 off a purchase of $37.50 we ordered about $40 worth of food. When the food arrived I was not happy with it, usually I am left wanting more in this case I didn't even finish the flaming cheese which is usually my favorite, it was gross and burned and had a breading on it, the first I've seen that at any greek restaurant. And no bread was ever brought to the table for the cheese and it went cold. Even the salad was not good... I mean how can you mess a greek salad up the lettuce appeared old and the salad was soggy as if it had been pre maid. And the cheese and dressing on the salad had a funny taste. The lamb meat on the gyro was not tasty and I wonder If i was going to get sick. The grape leaves were the only thing good. After the owner who stunk of cigarettes and appeared drunk removed our plates we shortly received our bill. I still had the menu and started to do a price comparison to the bill and notified the waitress that she charged over for everything... She said I'm sorry I had given you a lunch menu so she made the adjustment than brought it back I gave her the certificate from restaurant .com (which I informed her I had from the beginning) and the manager returns telling me he can't and will Not accept my certificate and that it is not to be used at lunch ... ( FYI it doesnt say that on The web site or on the certificate only rule is to spend $37.50) anyways I reminded him that I was there for dinner with it being 8pm ... And that his waitress made the mistake and gave us a lunch menu (which does not say lunch anywhere on it) He continued to tell me that he was not accepting the certificate and that I got lunch prices and was not allowed to use it then be said I could pay the dinner prices of over $50 and use it then, we began to disagree and he started yelling at me in front of customers and going on and on and I told him I see why you don't have much business. My friend and I were appalled at what had just happened. As we used the dirty restroom (with no supplies )before leaving we heard the manager talking to the one and only table of customers about us and how this is the type of people you get when you use a website to advertise and so on. SO UNPROFESSIONAL! I work with professionals as does my husband and believe me word of mouth spreads fast and I will be informing people of my experience of this restaurant. I work for a big corporation very closely with Doctors and nurses and we love to share our experience and my husband works for the city (that actually does restaurant code inspections) with a close group of professionals that also enjoy sharing their experiences as we all seek out new and yummy places to gather. Olympia will definitely not be a place to ever visit again! I am thankful my husband was not out to dinner with us ... This might of been a different story.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great traditional greek food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Came here for a lunch on a Sunday afternoon. Despite only having one server and multiple tables the service was great and personable. The food was some of the best greek food I have had in a while and the pricing was great for Orlando. The Poseidon said was terrific.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ocala, Florida
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We ate at Olympia on Valentine's Day. While we had reservations for 7:30 p.m., we decided to try and go early and then take in a movie. We arrived at about 5:30 p.m. and were seated immediately. The service was exceptional, too.

We had an appetizer and, realizing the size of the portions, asked if it would be okay to share an entree. This was not a problem, so we chose the Hercules Platter. I consisted of an array of Greek specialties and was huge! I cannot imagine one person finishing this plate.

Then, a belly dancer appeared...a very nice surprise. The show was nice, yet unobtrusive.

All in all, a very nice experience!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Can't ask for anything better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Okay so we found this restaurant by means of yelp. We read the reviews and thought we would try it. Well we used open table for our reservation. We got here and didn't need it. Place was moderately busy. Make reservation Friday or Saturday if you want to eat at 8 pm because they have belly dancer and seats around her can fill up fast. My wife had the Olympia platter and she absolutely loved it. The only down fall was that she wished she could eaten more. I had the gyro platter which was amazing and we know Greek food. We had the flaming cheese and was by far some of the best. I also had the horitki salad which was great. Our server Yulia was awesome and told us they have $4.95 lunch specials we will be back soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere