“Very poor service” 2 of 5 stars

(407) 273-7836
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Olympia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #245 of 3,118 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sue Ann St
Description: We are pleased you have chosen to dine with us this evening. Olympia has been family owned and operated since 1979 serving the finest in Greek cuisine in a friendly and authentic atmosphere . OPA !
Orlando, FL
“Very poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We had a very weird experience here. I still do not know if the server was not well trained or just insulting on purpose. I asked for a bottle of wine and he brought it opened with the cork on a side. I told him I would not accept an already opened bottle and that I wanted the bottle opened in front of me. I think that that is a very fair request. He said that he would bring another bottle. A moment later, he came back with the SAME bottle! The only difference was that they had put the cork back into the bottle. He just left the bottle on the table and left without opening it. At this point I was steaming but I tried to keep a calm attitude. Just to make sure, I decided to try and open the bottle myself. The cork popped out so easily that ha 5-year old could have done with one hand.

I called him again and told him that he had brought the same bottle. To add insult to injury, he replied that it was a different bottle. I am a wine lover and I have opened hundred of bottles (I keep the corks in a big container at home) and I know the difference between an open bottle and one that is not. Then I told him I would not pay for that bottle and asked a different one, this time SEALED, and I wanted it opened in front of me. He finally brought a new bottle but again, he left it on the table.

I was unable to enjoy our meal because of such a poor service. I wasn't asking too much but it seems that he was determined to not do his job.

It is a pity because food was good. My motto is "a meal without wine is not a meal". So having had such a bad experience with the server is deal breaker for me. Because of this incident I decided not to ever come back here. They need to learn a great deal about customer service.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Orlando, Florida
“Very nice experience - good food, attentive service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We have lived in this area for many years, and have passed Olympia countless times. I decided to go someplace new after church yesterday, had been thinking about a Greek meal for a few days, and had a coupon for a free salad & beverage. Choice made.
I was greeted immediately & warmly. I was the only diner, other than a small family that seemed to be friends or family of the owners. The restaurant was somewhat dimly lit, which set off the murals of Greek ruins, and some dimensional elements; soothing Greek music was playing at a comfortable listening level. Tables were nicely set, with wine-colored cloths covered with paper; napkins attractively folded on bread plates. The china has Greek motifs on the edges.
Soup of the day was a tasty, homemade lamb avogolemno. The salad was typical Greek, very fresh, and not that small. A basket of warm rolls & butter was brought. I had selected the Olympia platter - moussaka, a dolmade slam large slice of roast lamb with lamb gravy, served with rice & fresh green beans. Portions were generous & everything was quite good. I did add salt.
Service was attentive & friendly; my iced tea was never empty. The coupon wasn't needed, as complimentary salad & drink were the daily special. I left full & rested, feeling as if I'd been a guest in their home. We'll be back.
Belly dancing on Fri. & Sat. Nights, I believe.

• Visited October 2011
Orlando, Florida
“Best Greek food in c. Florida. Trust me, I've tried em all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Just gotback from Greece, looking for something to rekindle the memories. Have tried a llll the Greek restaurants in the Orlando area, none were anything to write home about. Until I went to Olympia. It's fabulous, authentic and homey. Cute atmosphere, amazing food. Highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“Awesome place, cant wait to come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I decided to come back to Olympia restaurant just to see if it was as much fun as 15 years ago. So I made reservation for a party of 10 to have my birthday party there. This one was the one to remember. From the wonderful waiter who eagerly made great recommendations to exotic belly dancing show to us dancing the night away - everything met and exceeded our expectations. This tiny tucked away restaurant is the one to discover. All my guests enjoyed the food, the ambience, the fun, the courteous staff - everything was a 10!!! We are seriously considering coming back again soon and having a New Year Celebration there.

mt dora fl
“Terrific !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

I hadn't been to the Olympia in over 7 years so I didn't know if it was still at the former high level of excellence . I am happy to say it was even better than I had remembered! The decor was very tasteful giving you a great Greek theme throughout, the service was very kind and professional, the food was just tremendous in every way and the entertainment, if you go during one of the nights of the shows, was great and definitely put a smile on our faces! We drove over one hour to enjoy our evening and it was more than worth the effort! To my knowledge, it is the only authentic greek restaurant in the tri county area and one to not miss ! They can accomodate a sitting for two or a large group eager to experience not only a fine meal but a very entertaining evening! I encourage you to dine here to see for yourself that quality and value are still alive and well in the greater Orlando area!