“Scrumptious Sundaes, but.......” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Orlando, Florida
“Scrumptious Sundaes, but.......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were VERY happy with our sundae selections (a basic Hot Fudge Sundae and a Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge Sundae)---awesome!! On the plus side, the ice cream and toppings were fabulous, and we struggled to finish our orders--they are big. My husband and I have toured Ghirardelli's Chocolate factory in California in the past--that in itself is a treat if you get the chance!! Another plus was that this was the first place (out of any Disney park restaurant) that asked if we had a Annual Pass--we do.....and were given a 10% discount on our order!!) That was a very nice surprise! The prices are nothing unusual for Disney food purchases in my opinion--you can anticipate and plan for it. **A few suggestions for improvement**......it is apparently very popular, and it was quite crowded--there were no seats either inside or outside at 5:15 in the afternoon. They need more seating.---especially inside. No sooner had we started to stand up to leave, than a man came up asking if we were leaving so he could have the table, thanking us, and saying he had already ordered and there were no tables (inside or outside) at which to sit. We had the same experience when we arrived and placed our order. Who wants to sit outside in the 90 degree heat/sun with your ice cream melting before you can eat it? If I want to sit in the heat, I'll go to the Margarita place near Cap'n Jack's Marina there, and sip a cold one under an umbrella while listening to calypso/steel drum music. Secondly, it appeared that no one was assigned to keep tables and chairs (kids/chocolate--you get my drift), cleaned, so people were sitting down to messy tables as we observed in the 40 min we were there. The floors were surprisingly untidy too. Albeit, I'm sure it is virtually impossible to clean up the floors in between all guests, but good grief.....it wasn't pretty, unlike the pristine restaurant floors in the quick serve and table service restaurants we have visited recently in Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Epcot.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

tennessee
“Cool Treats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was my first time at Ghirardelli and I was very pleased with my selection. The treat was great, atmosphere nice but the lines were very long. It took forever to get our ice cream. Time was on our side so I guess to take the good with the bad. Walking around Downtown Disney was fun. The music was great and a nice evening.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hollywood, Florida
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Nothing you can't get at the best local ice cream shop in your hometown. I guess if you really like their chocolate...not me though. Was just average.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“delicious ice cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

treat yourself and the family at this sweet shop and you will be rewarded. a little crowded but the lines move. and the free sample as you enter is worth the trip into the store

Visited May 2013
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This has the best chocolate in the states, it's simply fabulous. Make sure you visit the shop with a cool bag and buy!

Visited May 2013