“Outstanding experience at WDW” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spoodles - CLOSED

Spoodles
2101 N. Epcot Resorts Blvd, Disney's BoardWalk, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)
407-939-3463
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: Walt Disney World Resort
Frederick, MD
“Outstanding experience at WDW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

We just came back from a 10 day trip that included 5 nights at WDW. We only ate at Disney restaurants (Le Cellier, San Angel, etc.). Spoodles was absolutely the dining highlight of the trip! We've eaten here 3 times over 5 years and it has gotten better each time! From the other reviews I've read here, I'm not sure everyone "gets" Mediterranean food (the flavors are very bold and its not for everybody). The atmosphere is definitely like a farmhouse - a big, loud farmhouse! Its noisy and hectic. If you can, try and get a table off to the side or near a front window; it makes a big difference. We ordered several appetizers (the garlic shrimp was amazing) and a pitcher of sangria to get started. The entrees were all great, too but the desserts just made the meal. The cheesecake was the best we've ever had (and we've had a lot of 'em); and the homemade gelato and lemon cake were amazing. The service, by our waiter Nabil, was excellent as well. Go in with an open mind and you will not go wrong!!

Racine WI
“High School Cafeteria Atmosphere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

Having dined at the Flying Fish our first night, we thought we'd try Spoodles for the next night, assuming it was going to be equivalent.

The comparison was not even close. While Flying Fish is very busy restaurant, it provides a much more enjoyable experience, as compared to Spoodles which has all the atmosphere of a high school cafeteria, specifically the noise. Its just one giant barn like room with a ceiling that seems designed to amplify and direct back down all sound. I kid you not that a normal level of conversation at a two person table was impossible.

Additionally, our table, really should not have been a table. It was a table for two where my wifes chair was in the traffic pattern of all food coming out of the, I suppose you call it kitchen, and my chair was sticking out into the exit from the next booth over. It was as if we were in one of those old movies where they throw stick you at a table back by the swinging doors to the kitchen in the club when you insult the head waiter.

We were lured there initially by the marquee which promised Mediterranean cuisine, with "Tapas" in really large letters outside. Being fans of Tapas, we were quite disappointed to see nothing of the sort on the menu. (I should note that the menu was not displayed outside as it is at most of the Disney restaurants.) The food was mostly just standard fare, steak, chops, pasta, with some Mediterranean names, and couple dashes of spice, but not too much to risk moving beyond bland. Like most large eateries, the dishes will neither offend, nor inspire.

Very expensive, as are all things Disney. But I imagine if you just get the pizza, you will eat as well and save.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Not too much to choose from on the menu...if you like white beans then you'll like Spoodles. Everything has white...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2007

Not too much to choose from on the menu...if you like white beans then you'll like Spoodles. Everything has white beans.

Ontario
“Decent food for post Epcot late dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

Recently dined at Spoodles with a group of 8 altogether. It was around 10pm as we had visited Epcot together after a day at the PDMA 2007 conference. We ate some snacks and had some wine at the Food & Wine festival in Epcot and then watched Illuminations and went over to the Boardwalk. I chose Spoodles on behalf of the group and wish I had chose the Flying Fish Cafe instead.

The reception staff were very pleasant and friendly and our waitress was very helpful, friendly and informative on drinks, the menu, good choices etc.

People were generally happy with their food. Don't get me wrong - the food was good. The issue with Spoodles to me is that they are marketed as a Mediterrean cuisine restaurant but I think they are too conservative with their interpretation and as a result come up short of my expectations. The combination of good food but short of expectations and good wait staff gets them a Neutral/Average combination in my book.

I had the Oak-fired Steak Kabobs with multigrain pilaf, balsamic red onions and harissa - decent food but not as bold as I would have expected.

Despite the later time of night, the restaurant was clean, the staff was friendly and the food was fresh so do not let the fact that it is late deter you from dining. Spoodles is ok for dining but Flying Fish Cafe is a better choice in my opinion.

Dallas
“Love Spoodles for Breakfast (Last Visit Average)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2007

We have had breakfast at Spoodles for breakfast at least 4 times during 3 trips to Disney World over the last year.

3 of the 4 experiences were really great! The coffee was great, the breakfast really delicious and the atmosphere really nice - a mixed Mediterranean decor that we really like.

The prices seem to be much more reasonable than many other sit-down restaurants at Disney, and since we usually stay at the Boardwalk this is great option for us.

I will say that our last experience (October, 2007) was not very good. We chalked it up to the fact that we were practically the first customers in the restaurant in the morning and that can sometimes mean that everything isn't really ready to make the best possible food.

All the other times we have been to Spoodles for breakfast were really great. We will go again next time and make sure we give it some time for the restaurant to get up and running before we eat. Hopefully things have not just simply gone down hill since our last visit, in April 2007.