“Really???Not good at all.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Yachtsman Steakhouse

Yachtsman Steakhouse
1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Orlando, FL 32830 (Lake Buena Vista)
407-939-3463
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #190 of 3,167 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: Yachtsman Steakhouse in Disney's Yacht Club Resort is a dinner restaurant boasting high-grade steaks, succulent seafood, free-range chicken and juicy lamb dishes. The menu is rounded out with innovative children's choices for a satisfying family dining experience.A New England theme is the backdrop for this classic steakhouse where you can discover seasonal flavors every time you dine! Serving the best in quality, aged, grain-fed beef from the open kitchen that features a butchering room where the steaks are hand-cut, the chef has paired unique accompaniments with each entree, and the sommelier offers a wide selection of wines from both new- and old-world regions on the award-winning list.The Yachtsman Steakhouse takes special care of children's tastes with a menu that sports finger-licking grilled chicken strips, baked fish, pasta and grilled sirloin steak.For the finale, let the elegant dessert tray tempt you with creme brulee with rolled chocolate and fresh berries or seasonally inspired desserts.Watch chefs prepare your meal in the open kitchen as you relax in leather seats amongst gleaming brass and polished woodwork beneath knotty-pine beams. This Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts restaurant is a top-deck experience for the entire family!
Staten Island, New York
“Really???Not good at all.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had made reservations well in advance to celebrate my husband and I 10th wedding anniversary. Upon arriving to check in I inquired about the special cake that I had ordered. I was told it was listed on the reservation but not sure what had happened because it was not there. I was assured that this would be taken care of. We were joined by three others for this celebration. The only thing that was pleasant about this meal was the fact that we were seated at our reservation time. Our server Kathy, did not seem to be having a good night. We had a 520 reservation, so it was fairly empty. When asked about menu recommendations she seemed bothered. My husband asked to be shown a wine list and it was delivered 15 minutes later along with asking for our menu selection. She seemed more put out when we asked for a few minutes since the wine list was just given to us. We choose the Caesar salad, lobster Bisque and Steakhouse wedge. Entrees included, 28oz Porterhouse, Chicken Dumplings and the New England Striped Bass. The steak was a little fatty, the chicken seasoned poorly and the fish not cooked all the way through. The sides, truffle mac and cheese, creamed spinach and rainbow carrots. The two children's selection were adequate but barely touched. When it can time for dessert, we were given the dessert menu instead of the cake I had ordered. Our server said she was not informed. Upon delivery of dessert ( Creme Brulee, peanut Butter Pretzel cake and Lemon pudding cake) our server placed a plate the read Happy anniversary with two sugar cube pieces of fudge?? not sure what this very hard rubbery stuff was. That was it. I left very disappointed since this was a surprise for my husband. I was refunded the upcharge for the cake. $301.24 was the meal total. thank goodness we were on the DDP otherwise my night would have been worse. We all left hungry and will not return again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Greenacres,Fl
“Wonderful New Year's meal at my favorite Disney hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

After 2 years in a row at Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney, we thought it was time to try another place for our NYE meal. Fulton's was very good ( 1st time better than last year), but it took us an HOUR just to get out of the parking out at DD on NYE with 20 million others....

We made a reservation in my favorite Disney hotel, The Yacht & Beach Club, at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. It was a price-fixed meal at $75 pp, and since other places I looked were DOUBLE and even more, this sounded good. Plus we had eaten here twice before, and loved it.

Service was terrific with Al as our waiter, and a gal from Japan ( forgot her name, sorry!). We had a seafood appetizer first which consisted of crab, shrimp & lobster with 2 sauces to dip in. We also got VERY hot & yummy bread, butter & garlic before our appetizer...the appetizer was delicious..next came a choice of caesar salad or lobster bisque..again very good...the choices for entrees included filet mignon, rib-eye steak, NY Strip, a chicken dish, Sea Bass & pasta dish. I had the NY strip along with my wife, my soon to be brother-in-law, and my sister-in-law had the Bass. The steaks came with potatoes au-gratin and mushrooms & brussel sprouts ( last two items I hate, but what the heck). The Au-gratin potatoes were hot and awesome...but the real winner here was the NY Strip, which Al, our waiter, suggested along with the rib-eye. It was cooked PERFECTLY for me, charred on the outside, a bit pink in the middle with the juices running down my fork with every bite.

Dessert was terrific, as well. It consisted of indiviual plates, each containing a Flan, chocolate brownie, a marshmallow brownie ( fantastic!) , fruit, and another small dessert item, that I didn't know what it was, but it was good...we left stuffed and very satisfied. Then a nice walk around the beautiful grounds of the Disney resort, then off to see the fireworks at the Grand Floridian Hotel for NYE...We will be coming back again to the Yachtsman Steakhouse again....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Valdosta, Georgia
“Meh, not so much...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I were actually looking forward to this evening (Christmas Eve dinner) and had heard great things about the place. Our first surprise was finding out upon arriving that there was a set menu for the evening. Now, there is not particularly anything wrong with a set menu, but there were two problems for us. First, it would have been nice to have been notified in advance that there would be a set menu. Granted, we made our reservations online during the summer, but they did have our email address as part of the reservation process. Would it have been so hard to notify diners through the emails we all provided? Second, even that issue would have been minor if the menu had actually been that good. While the amuse bouche of duck sausage was fine, the lobster bisque was way too salty at the start and way to peppery at the finish of each spoonful. The roe mousse did not do much for the flavor except make it excessively fishy (not really what you want in a lobster bisque). I found my steak (a New York Strip) to be average and the sides...well, what can you say about mushrooms and brussels sprouts? I tried my wife's mashed potatoes, and if they were not instant, they were the closest I have found in a while. The Buche de Noel was ok, if that is your thing, and the wines were fine. So, we were left with a bill for $250.00 for a meal that was, at least for us and several other diners around us, something less than what we had hoped for. Actually, I really felt for the families who were there. I understand that at a steakhouse, the menu must be more than hotdogs and pizza, but the set menu locked parents into paying for meals that their kids would not eat or forced parents to into whatever they do to persuade/force their kids to eat. As for the service, our server was indifferent and took forever to attend to us-I suppose she was having to deal with irate diners who were surprised at the set menu (I saw her having to engage in what passed for customer relations with several diners during the evening). Finally, to those who might ask, "Well, why didn't you just leave when you found out about the menu?", it is hard to find reservations on the fly on Christmas Eve at Disney and there is a charge to your credit card if you cancel too close to reservation time or do not show. However, I wish I had just taken the charge when viewed in retrospect. I doubt I will be going back there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada
“Excellent Dinner but Out of the Way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Had a great dinner here. You pay but you get what you pay for. Only problem was getting there from the majic kingdom resorts. You will need 1.25 hrs and use 3 different modes of transport. If I had known that before I never would have come here. If you are staying in the boardwalk/epcot resorts, you are much closer and then it is worth the venture.
Food was excellent and so was service. Very attentive. The selection is strong in steaks and seafood.

Visited April 2012
Kent, England
“Classy restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

A great restaurant that has everything. Great ambience, fantastic service and varied menu. My husband had the ribeye with mash which he still raves about and the children's menu made a welcome change to some of the other restaurants, it offered steak, fish and chicken without a chicken nugget in sight! Good vegetarian menu too. The dessert for the children went down a storm, the Mickey puzzle with edible paint. The chef visited our table to discuss the gluten free menu, he was very knowledgeable and friendly. Although the Yachtsman is a more formal restaurant by Disney standards the staff are welcoming and you leave the restaurant having experienced a top notch meal out. Definitely give it a go. We preferred this to Narcoosees.

• Visited October 2012