“Good food, much better than any Cuban place on International Dr” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #688 of 3,178 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Cuban, Italian
Manchester, TN
“Good food, much better than any Cuban place on International Dr”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I highly recommend this restaurant. Everything was good and half the price as those on International Dr. It was easy to follow directions to get to. We had the Cuban sandwich with manduros. It was excellent and the most authentic one I've had. We also tried the guava chicken. It was good and sweet. We had the mango milkshake and papaya juice to drink. We also had the tres leche cake for dessert. It was good and sweet, my first time trying one of those. It is served chilled.

Visited October 2011

Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Small family operation with delicious food and reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011 via mobile

If you like small, obviously family run establishments with delicious homemade style Cuban food and attentive service, visit number UNO!

We found this restaurant on a local recommendation while visiting the local craft brewery nearby (Orlando Brewery). I love local authentic family style atmosphere and there seems to be precious little of that in an over the top mega destination like Orlando. Savory, slow cooked Cuban dishes served by people with an intimate knowledge of the food in a small, homey (almost kitschy!) space with a very old and pleasant man providing live musical entertainment on a small organ all conspired to make this a very pleasant dinner experience!

What a welcome relief from the omni-present national chain restaurants crowding this city. I will be back next time I'm in town.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Cuban Food and Good Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011 via mobile

My family and I came from Miami to visit a family member at the hospital corners away from this restaurant. We ate at this place for a whole week and we sure never got tired of eating at this place. The first time I had the Ropa vieja and it was delicious. My husband had the Lamb Fricassee several times. We even asked for the mojo sauce recipe to make it at home. My kids had a wonderful time eating Beef Empanadas and the manager and servers treated us very nice. If I have to come to Orlando again our first stop will definetly be at Numero Uno.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bergen county, nj
“Look at your bill carefully you get charged extra!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

This is not real Cuban food, it is Dominican food. I know since I'm Cuban. We were having a good time until we got charged on our bill a tip after giving the waitress a cash tip. The owner charged us extra without even telling us. If we would have not looked at the bill they would never told us they changed the amount on bill. When confronted the owner said that bills are included in parties of 5 or more and that it said it on the menu. (It was only 4 of us my toddler was sleeping on my lap the whole time.) Doesn't every other restaurant include gratuity for parties of 6 or more? We asked for proof and she finally found it on the third menu. Even though she apologized she was very defensive. I guess she has not realized that the customer is always right. What bothers me the most is that they are posing as a Cuban restaurant when it is really not. It was a 22 minute drive from the hotel and not worth it.

Visited September 2011
“This is NOT Cuban Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010 via mobile

This place is awful. The quality of the meat is poor and leaves you with a bad aftertaste. I am Cuban and this place is an atrocity.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere