“Best Italian Food in Orlando!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Trastevere

Cafe Trastevere
825 N Magnolia Ave, Orlando, FL 32803 (Central Business District)
(407) 839-0235
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Trastevere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,897 of 3,117 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian, Romanian
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Granada Court
Orlando, Florida
“Best Italian Food in Orlando!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is hands down the best Italian food in Orlando!!! As close as it gets to the real thing! Must get the Antipasto appetizer..

76% Recommend
Miami Beach, Florida
“What a disappointment!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Upon arrival we were very excited. Exterior and interior are very charming. Restaurant is in an old house. We were told we had to wait a few minutes which was fine as it is a very small restaurant. We took the opportunity to peruse the menu. I mentioned to a member of our party that Trastevere was a very cool section of Rome. I was immediately corrected by owner on my pronounciation of Trastevere and was shown on the menu the correct pronounciation. A little abrupt but, OK. We ordered and again I was corrected on my pronounciation of "francaise". OK, I am not italian, but I am not a bumpkin either! Our appetizer a fried cheese ravioli with marinara was frozen in the middle. It was returned cooked minus the two we had cut into and tried to eat. Main courses. Chicken francaise was tender and not overcooked, however, it had absolutely no flavor. No garlic, no lemon, just a pan seared piece of chicken sitting in flavorless butter(?). The pasta was soggy and saturated in the same flavorless butter. The veggies were fresh, albeit overcooked. My husband had veal saltimbocca. Unfortunately, it was as flavorless as mine. To their credit the veal was very tender, just no flavor. The only saving grace was that we had a gift certificate.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Hobe Sound, Florida
“Great italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I had a great dinner. Loved my eggplant parm!!! I would come here again!!!! Relaxing atmosphere in Downtown Orlando.

Orlando, Florida, United States
“Food so good that I didn't want the meal to end!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was our first time eating here and we were not disappointed. The restaurant has a quaint atmosphere with lovely background music. The Bruschetta Trastevere was a wonderful combination of flavors and the Insalata Trastevere had crisp, fresh ingredients. My husband had the Pollo Piccata and I had the Pollo Marsala. Both were so flavorful- the kind of deliciousness that makes you close your eyes and savor each bite. We shared a piece of the tasty chocolate cake. The experience and the food were perfect.

NY
“Great Italian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We loved the food and ambiance of this small Italian restaurant. It is nice for a special occasion, was busy just before we got there, so waited a bit for seating and service. The food was worth it! I think they may have been understaffed, but they were surprised with a rush of customers on a Monday night. We will be back on our next trip to Orlando. Not in the normal tourist area so it was a nice change for us! We were the only people in a small room, they seem to have separated areas, decor was very cozy.

• Visited January 2013