“Good Restaurant - Good Service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Artist Point at Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge Resort

Artist Point at Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge Resort
901 Timberline Dr, Orlando, FL 32830-1000 (Walt Disney World Resort)
(407) 939-3463
Improve this listing
Ranked #119 of 3,000 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Walt Disney World Resort
Rochester, Michigan
“Good Restaurant - Good Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband and I snuck away from the kids for a couple hours and ate hear. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge so it was very convenient. The food was very good and so was the service. We were by a window, so we had a nice view. It was busy, but not hurried or loud. We would go back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Indian Trail, North Carolina
“It was like having our own personal chef!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We have been to Disney many times, but with kids in tow we never have experienced the upscale restaurants Disney has to offer. This visit was different, no kids, so we decided to try Artist Point. Walking into the restaurant we were really surprised at how big it was. Being at the wilderness lodge we were use to the dark cozy look, the restaurant though is different, it is like white washed, or something. Loved it! Anyways, my mom has an allergy to garlic, which makes going out to dinner with her very hard. The chef met us at our table and asked her what she was thinking about for dinner. She told him she wanted the scallops. He told her that it is usually sautéed in garlic but they would use white wine with hers. What made it great though was we wanted the mussels for an appetizer and it said garlic right in the description, so we thought it was a no go. Instead, the chef said he would put aside her mussels and prepare them without the garlic and the rest of the mussels would be prepared as described in the menu. Best of both worlds! The mussels were great! I had ordered the surf and turf, which was buffalo and lobster. It was delicious! We really loved everything and will definitely be back!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kissimmee, Florida
“Great service, equally great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We love the buffalo there, but the menu does change. We used to get the buffalo tenderloin. The mushroom soup is always good. There's good space between courses, and it is still family friendly. It is Disney, after all. A bit pricey, and would go more often if it was more affordable.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rutland, Massachusetts
“Artist Point…a wonderful first time dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Artist Point is located inside the Wilderness Lodge. Advanced Dining Reservations are highly recommended. The last time we ate at Artist Point our daughter was 7 and it was a character breakfast with Pocahontas, Meeko, Captain John Smith and company. I was excited to visit it after all these years as a signature dining experience. Our server, though overzealous when it came to the menu was great. He went over the menu and gave us his recommendations and why. We ordered cocktails and he returned with a basket of warm Sourdough Bread and Butter with black sea salt. My daughter and I ordered the Raspberry Rapids which was Frozen Coconut Cream and Pineapple Juice with Bacardi Silver and Chambord - so good! My husband chose the Grand Margarita - 1800 Repasado Tequila, Grand Marnier, Sweet-and-Sour, and fresh Lime Juice. Being on the deluxe dining plan we each order our own appetizer which included Kettle-steamed Penn Cove Mussels with Sourdough Panzanella, Mixed Field Greens Salad with shaved Asian pear, sunflower seed granola, Rogue creamery blue cheese, pomegranate seeds and Ice Wine vinaigrette (I loved this!) and Dungeness Crab Cake with Asian slaw and shaved radish. Our server gave of plenty of time between courses and didn’t rush us one bit. Our entrées were unanimous and we ordered the Char-grilled Buffalo Striploin Steak with marble potatoes, garden vegetables, and Shiraz Gastrique - Absolutely incredible! I have noticed that the buffalo entrée which is always offered changes with the season. We somehow found room for dessert and my husband and daughter ordered the Baked Peach Upside-Down Cake with sweet and sour caramel sauce and roasted peach ice cream while I went with the Chocolate Indulgence - Valhrona Chocolate Ganache with Salted Chocolate Ice Cream, Amarena Cherries, and Chocolate "Pop Rocks - really good…but chocolate overload! This was by far one of the most scrumptious meals I have honestly ever eaten. We used the Deluxe Dining Plan and it was worth every double credit!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Food was ok but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have had the pleasure of enjoying several "signature" dining experiences at Disney World and this was probably my least favorite so far. The atmosphere was not as enjoyable as some others. The overall feeling was less "exclusive". It was definitely more family friendly than some of the other signature options. The food was good but I've had better especially for the price. We would go back if we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge but I don't think i would go out of my way to dine there to again.

Visited June 2014

Travelers who viewed Artist Point at Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge Resort also viewed

Orlando, Central Florida

Been to Artist Point at Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Artist Point at Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.