“Solid food and wine!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Artist Point at Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge Resort

Artist Point at Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge Resort
901 Timberline Dr, Orlando, FL 32830-1000 (Walt Disney World Resort)
(407) 939-3463
Improve this listing
Ranked #143 of 3,263 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Walt Disney World Resort
South Florida, Florida
“Solid food and wine!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Artist Point is an old favorite. The menu is Pacific Northwest influenced and the wine list represents the same area. The salmon and game options on the menu are worth the visit. Atmosphere is not romantic - very rustic decor and high ceilings are a recipe for a loud dining experience earlier in the evening. The best time at Artist Point is late - after 9pm. Be sure to order the smoked portobello mushroom soup!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pasadena, California
“A Fantastic Meal at Disney World”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was easily the best meal we had during our stay at Disney World, though of course it was also the most expensive. But prices aren't really out of line with what you'd pay for an upscale restaurant in the real world, and everything was truly delicious. We started with the Mixed Field Greens Salad and the Smokey Portobello Soup. The salad was perfect, and the soup was one of the standout dishes of the trip. I got the signature Cedar Plank Salmon, which they actually bring out on a burned cedar plank before sliding the salmon onto your plate. It was tender and tasty, with, yes, a hint of smoky cedar. My wife got the prawn and crab "hot pot" which was nothing like Chinese hot pot and everything like Thai green curry. But also very good, and nicely spicy. We ended with the berry cobbler. Wish I could have had it all to myself, but we were already too full to begin with!

Service was smooth and friendly. The room itself is very nice -- a tall, open space with windows facing out over the "river" and trees of the courtyard -- though the furniture could stand to be updated. The rest of the public spaces in the hotel are filled with beautiful rustic or arts & crafts furniture, but the tables & chairs in Artist Point were just basic restaurant/cafeteria furniture. No matter, it's still a great dining experience at Disney World

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Knoxville, TN
“My birthday trip to Disney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I dined here during my birthday trip to Disney. We had a wonderful evening. The food was fantastic. Both of us had the Smokey Portobello Soup - Exceptional!! I had the filet mignon and my wife had the buffalo steak. I wanted the airline chicken but was told it is no longer on the menu. The entire meal was delicious. Yes, the dessert portion of the cobbler is somewhat small but who needs 800 more calories after such a filling meal. We made reservations the day before and had to wait 30 minutes beyond that time to be seated. I presumed this delay was because they were busy (several people were waiting to be seated). However, we noticed multiple empty tables once we were seated. Short staffed on a Wednesday night? Our server was very nice. I agree with another reviewer that the character uniforms the servers wear seem out of place in a "fine dining" atmosphere. We would certainly dine here again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Evans, Georgia
“Incredible meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

attentive service, fabulous steaks, very nice wine list. Actually, there is nothing I don't like about this place, except maybe the dollars I spend there!

Visited December 2012
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“busy place rises to the challenge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Since the closure of California Grill (for renovations), this restaurant has gotten busier. The chef and staff have risen to the challenge. We found that the quality and originality of the dishes have gone up. It is now on our list of top places in Orlando.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Travelers who viewed Artist Point at Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge Resort also viewed

Orlando, Central Florida

Been to Artist Point at Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Artist Point at Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.