“Golf was fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
“Golf was fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I was only at Shingle for the Golf. I was able to secure a round for $69 online. No special deals or inside information.

Hands down. Best course at that rate. I am from New Jersey have played many country clubs and $100 plus daily use courses in New Jersey and Philadelphia. This course was on part with the best of what I played in the Northeast.

Rough was in great shape, tee boxes, fairways, greens were without negatives. The greens rolled true and were not gimmicky, but you had to roll it right.

Course was fair and long. Wide open for a high handicapper like me and I still had a good time. Some water in play with forced carries, but kept it a strategic round.

Staff was great, could not say one negative thing about this course.

Visited August 2014
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Shingle Creek Golf Club, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Your review is fantastic as well, jason s.

Thanks a million for the five star review of the course. We are sure proud of it and it continues to get better and better.

We hope you get back down here from New Jersey again soon. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Happy Golfing!

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I visited shingle creek golf course yesterday with my teenage son. I play golf regularly but my son is very much learning the game. I arrived yesterday for my round and was welcomed. Everything you needed golf balls, shoes and clubs. We only got supplied 6 balls between two of us, because there's lots of water I thought I'd better purchase some more. I had my round the course was 5* brilliant. Here's the reason I gave 1*. I hadn't used the extra box of golf balls I had purchased from the shop still in the box never touched I asked see if I could have a refund there said no refund on balls. I could of accepted that if I had opened the box. But paying over $200 for a round you would think that small thing would be no problem at all as now I have to put them into my already full suitcase for trip back home.

I’m so sorry to hear about the disappointing return policy on the golf balls, Ian C.

I am researching this now for you and will get back to you as quickly as I can.

“Golf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Golf course is in great shape
You could not ask for more from the staff there. Lunch at the club house bar was very good, l had a salad and a perfect Arnold Palmer tea.

Cannot wait to get this course scheduled again.

RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Shingle Creek Golf Club, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
We can’t wait to have you back, Tom R!

We appreciate you taking time to update us on your experience.

Greenville, South Carolina
13 attraction reviews
“Amazing resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We visited Shingle Creek for a "non-vacation" trip and even though we were involved in meetings and such, the place was remarkable. Everything was super clean, extra friendly staff, decor was amazing, and just all-round high class! Definitely somewhere we will go to be adults (away from the children)… one day.

Visited September 2013
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Shingle Creek Golf Club, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you so much for the amazing review, SCTigers99!

We are so happy you enjoyed your time on property.

If you are back in Orlando we would love to see you again!

Porirua, Wellington, New Zealand
9 attraction reviews
“Great course with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We really enjoyed this course.Great layout. Maintenance staff to be commended on the tee boxes, greens and fairways all in excellent condition. Pro shop staff and starter very friendly and knowledgeable. All in all, a great golfing experience

Visited June 2014
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Shingle Creek Golf Club, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thanks Mark F!

We appreciate your kind words about the course!

Let me know if we can be of any assistance in the future.