“Delicious food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Doc's Streetside Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,503 of 3,117 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Hamburgers, Pizza & Pasta, Fish & Chips, Soups, Chicken Wings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Orlando, Florida
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Doc's is new to the South Downtown Orlando area, and a welcome addition!

The Great:
Food - Amazing! Our table had the a tomato basil soup and some chilly, both very good. I had the chicken fettuccine alfredo with sun-dried tomatoes, it was extra creamy, I highly recommend. The rest of table had a salmon, he said it was fantastic, and the veggie flatbread, which I tried and was delicious. For dessert we shared the creme brulee and key lime pie (there were several chocolate choices as well, but we aren't really chocolate people). Both deserts were heaven. Food size was good, I had leftovers for lunch the next day.

Price - Dinners range between $8-$15 per plate. It is pretty equivalent to any chain restaurant price wise, but the food is much better, and it is locally owned.

The Good:
Decor - The walls and decoration are nice, and it is a huge seating area, which is nice. I thought it would be a really good layout for a large party. The kitchen is open and you can hear the staff calling orders. It is neat to watch, but if you want something quieter, I'd stay away from the kitchen. There are several TVs around, which would be great for viewing any game, but a little too much going on if you aren't there to watch something. I'm looking forward to football season, I know where my new home will be! There is also outside seating for those warm Florida evenings.

Alcohol - The wine selection is pretty good and the bar looked fully stocked.

The Okay:
Service - So-so. The server was pleasant, but slow. We weren't in a rush, so we didn't have a problem with it.

Parking - If you don't know where to park, this can be very tricky. There is plenty of free parking in the parking garage behind the restaurant. However, you have to turn on Fernwood St, so if you are heading north on Orange Ave, by the time you see the restaurant you have passed the turn. They also don't advertise that you can get a free parking token if you spend $5, you just need to ask the server for a token (our server didn't offer).

Overall, the food was excellent, the atmosphere was nice, and we had a very enjoyable time. We will be back!

• Visited April 2013

72% Recommend
Central Florida
“Expected more....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Maybe I was there on an "off" day but service was slow, food was fair for the price, and the menu did not offer many choices. Conveniently located across from ORMC and MDA, with off street parking (garage is behind business). It is a nice stop for those that don't want to travel into downtown for food/drinks. The "original" Doc's was much more to my taste.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“Unexpected Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Decided to visit this location not knowing the name and food had changed. Just expected a typical sports bar. So much more. Great food, nice presentation, good desserts and attentive service. There were four of us for dinner. We had the salmon, goat cheese salad, Gouda burger and the pulled pork. Large portions and all delicious. For dessert we had the chocolate lava cake and the creme broulee. Both great. Happy hour lasts until 8 pm. Nice selection of wine and beer. Would go back and plan to tell my friends. Great to have a nice restaurant on our side of town with a great selection and prices.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando
“Good American cuisine near Orlando Regional Medical Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Doc's Streetside Grill has replaced Legend's Sports Bar across the street from Orlando Regional Medical Center, and the menu has changed very much for the better. The menu is more varied, the quality of the food is far better, and the service is quick and good. I have eaten there several times and whenever I get even close to Doc's Streetside, I stop in for lunch and/or dinner. I would recommend Doc's Streetside Grill highly.

• Visited March 2013