“YUMMY” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Pittsburgh, PA
“YUMMY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Sorry folks, don't have a picture available, but the website does. We had their Specialty Pizza and it was delicious!!! They serve wine, beer, and soft drinks to compliment your meal. Inside is tidy and clean with a cute décor. Nothing fancy, but very nicely done. The price was reasonable and if you are visiting the area, a Flippers Pizzeria is close to downtown Disney. This is a very nice place to have lunch; so, enjoy the area and a super pizza all in one Disney Day!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, NC
“First choice for visitors looking for refuge from the tourist traps”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We attend Disney every October for annual business conference in addition to family vacations at other times. So we have visited this area year after year, eaten in and outside of Disney's resorts, and Flipper's has continued to stay on our list. We usually set aside one night we just want casual, inexpensive but good food--and this is the one. No, it is not NY style pizza (I love it when people compare everything to NY pizza like that is what all pizza must aspire to) but as a group that travels we can appreciate other regional styles. I find the chewy, delicate crust has excellent texture and I should add we usually eat at the restaurant which makes a difference. (We have had it delivered poolside to Disney resorts but that does effect any pizza when it rides around in a box and collects condensation) This location is the closest to Disney and has a clean, pleasant family-friendly atmosphere. The salads were surprisingly fresh and better than expected. I do not hesitate to recommend this location to family and friends visiting the area. For a yummy, casual meal (especially when your wallet needs a break!) this is at the top of the list.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NJ, United States
“Better than Dominos, at least”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I order from Flippers fairly frequently, mainly because I don't have much of a choice. The only other pizza places that deliver to my neighborhood are Dominos and Papa Johns.

Coming from NY/NJ, I guess I'm a bit spoiled when it comes to pizza. So while this pizza is good enough for Florida, it's pretty terrible when compared to the pizza up north. Crust is too chewy, sauce is too overpowering, etc. The breadsticks would be delicious if they weren't so oily (every time I've ordered them, I've put them on a plate, poured half a styrofoam container of oil down my drain, and still had to squeeze the breadsticks with a paper towel to get them dry; thankfully, I recently decided to try their Toscana bread, which is a much less oily alternative to their breadsticks.

Then again, maybe I'm just bitter because about 80% of the times I've ordered from them, they've failed to get my order right. Half the time I order toppings, the pizza comes without them (but, oh wait, I'm still charged for the original price). Since they can take up to an hour and twenty minutes to deliver placed orders, I'm usually too hungry and tired to call for a fresh one, but it's still really annoying. Tonight, I ordered a Bianca pizza with broccoli, and naturally, it came plain.

Still, it's better than the alternatives, and the online ordering process is pretty easy. Also, order the pizza with the hot Italian sausage. On the off chance they remember to add it, it's surprisingly good--a light in an otherwise unsatisfying tunnel.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina
“Can you hold please? No, I won't.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very frustrated by this restaurant repeatedly answering the phone "Flippers Pizza, can you hold please?" This is not the polite way of telling people they have to hold. Better would be: "Flippers Pizza, I am currently assisting another customer. Please hold, and I will be with you shortly."

Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida
“love the pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

we love flippers pizza for one thing they have this sauce you can get that it really dosent have alot of garlic in it so we like that alot

Visited September 2013