“Say it with me...SCRUMPTIOUS!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Apopka
“Say it with me...SCRUMPTIOUS!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Decided to finally check this place out for myself after hearing good things. Service was prompt and attentive. Food was on point! I had the fried chicken breast and I must say that was the most tender, juicy, and flavorful brest I'd ever tasted. Had the black eye peas and collard greens for sides. All was...yes...scrumptious. The portions were great too with a price that was fair. My husband had the catfish and added it wasn't as seasoned as he'd liked but the candied yams & potato salad were like home. Our son had the buffalo wings, which were a decent size and packed with flavor, but a little over sauced for my taste, however still very good. Only disappointment was the dessert and the reason for 4 instead if 5 stars. They were out of BOTH chocolate cake and red velvet. Manager indicated red velvet was only on Sunday, even though it is offered on the menu. Would have been a perfect way to end a wonderful family meal. Overall...exceptional soul food experience. Loved the ambience. Fabulous food. Great service. Fair prices. Good portions. Solid location. Hope McKnight's is around for years to come.

New York City, New York
“Great place away from the touristy options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I bought a deal for this place when I was in Florida visiting Universal and Disney. I tried to use the deal same day but they told me that I would need to make a reservation. I made a reservation for a Monday at 3PM and it was practically COMPLETELY empty.

The place is nice and clean with attentive service.

The food normally averaged $7 per person. Me and my boyfriend got the catfish and fried chicken. The food was SO good that we got the smothered pork chops to go XD

A little of a travel from our hotel but well worth it! I would come back for sure.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Nice setting... good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had the chicken and waffles and a couple of sides. Compared to the high quality of my family cooks, I rate this experience as very good. I only wish that more of the menu items were available... I would've had more food!

Poinciana, Florida
“Soul Food like back home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was part of a group of 36 people who attended a luncheon at McKnights, different ethnic backgrounds, different tastes - everyone loved the food.

There was something for everyone, but most important, the food tastes fresh, the collard greens, potato salad, yams and macaroni & cheese are all such great tasting sides that you almost want to make them main dishes.

I highly recommend the smothered pork chops. The knife is on the plate for decoration only. You can cut these with your fork.

Excellent, Excellent meals with huge portions and great prices. You will not go away hungry. You will, however, require a nap afterwards. (ha-ha)

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“everything was perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

everything was perfect food,music, atmosphere cannot complain only thing I wish the owner would have spoke to us like the other customers that was there

• Visited July 2013