“Nice setting... good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Nice setting... good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had the chicken and waffles and a couple of sides. Compared to the high quality of my family cooks, I rate this experience as very good. I only wish that more of the menu items were available... I would've had more food!

Poinciana, Florida
“Soul Food like back home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was part of a group of 36 people who attended a luncheon at McKnights, different ethnic backgrounds, different tastes - everyone loved the food.

There was something for everyone, but most important, the food tastes fresh, the collard greens, potato salad, yams and macaroni & cheese are all such great tasting sides that you almost want to make them main dishes.

I highly recommend the smothered pork chops. The knife is on the plate for decoration only. You can cut these with your fork.

Excellent, Excellent meals with huge portions and great prices. You will not go away hungry. You will, however, require a nap afterwards. (ha-ha)

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“everything was perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

everything was perfect food,music, atmosphere cannot complain only thing I wish the owner would have spoke to us like the other customers that was there

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winter Park, Florida
“Soulless food at it's WORST!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had almost the exact same experience as Amy F. in Orlando :( If I had the option to not give any stars, I would have chosen that. Upon arrival, we were denied a table because we didn't have a reservation. A slight oversight on my part I admit. We asked if we could make a reservation for later and were told that we could NOT use our Living Social voucher unless the reservation was at least 24 hours in advance (which was NOT listed on the printed voucher I had). The kicker... the entire restaurant had 3 patrons total. They turned away paying customers in an empty restaurant because we didn't have a reservation! I was baffled and I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. Can't comment on the food since we were rudely turned away, but their customer service, and I use this term loosely, was horrendous at best. Needless to say, I got a refund from Living Social and will NOT be recommending them in the future. WORST experience ever, save yourself the trouble!!!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“Horrible. Don't waste your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

HORRRRRRIIIIBBBLLLEE!!!!!! If I could give negative stars this place would get it! Bought the living social voucher and from the start there were so many limitations. First, my fiancé is a firefighter, and this restaurant has limited hours for a working couple. This restaurant is located in a very bad neighborhood, and has no parking. Finally had a day off on a weekday so decided to use the voucher at 330 pm on a Tuesday ....waste of our day. Got there and as we walked in we were greeted as "you're with living social right?" We answered "how do you know?!" "Answer- "oh we can tell". Place was empty. Got a seat and as we started reading the menu and finally ready to order, everything we chose to try, they were out of. Finally decided to try the pork chops when a big ol lady with purple eye shadow came over to our table and said since we didn't make reservations we wouldn't be able to use the voucher. I mentioned how empty the place was yet that didn't matter to her. I asked if I called the restaurant on my cell at that moment and made a reservation could I eat ...answer was no!! I asked if she could go to the back, where the owner supposedly was, and ask him if we can stay using the voucher, the waitress came back and advised the owner said no. My fiancé asked me to stop begging to eat in this horrible establishment and I then realized that I was trying hard to give this place a try, but kept being met with rejection (maybe even discrimination) from the moment I walked in. I am not African American yet I enjoy all types of food including soul food.

Even were told they were even limited in what they had available for the dessert, and that the chocolate cake is really good but has to be defrosted for an hour . (..huh..??)

Called living social to complain, recd my money back as a credit and will NEVER try this place in my lifetime but am sure this place won't last anyway!!!!

Visited October 2013