“Consistent performance over time” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Ocala, Florida
“Consistent performance over time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We visited this restuarant some time ago, by a hotel referral while overnighting at the Orlando, Florida airport. We have visited several times since, but it has been a while since we dined there. However, we had a visitor from San Francisco on July 12, for lunch, and we picked the Spice Thai, hoping that the food was still good after a long absence.

It was worth the visit. the food is still excellent. The owner placed a couple meals at the wrong place, but he did not take the order. But the food more than made up for a few seconds of mishap. Besides, the owner provided a free desert.

My fears were without merit. The Spice Thai, near the Orlando, Fl. airport is still one of the best around, bar none.

The dishes we enjoyed were no 74. Tigers Tear Steak $14.95, Ginger Duck $16.95, and Ginger Red Snapper filet $17.95. We ordered from the dinner menu, even though the less expensive lunch menu was offered.

If you can find a better Thai restuarant, let me know, and we will have lunch together.

Magnifique!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

One day after dropping off my bf to the airport I saw stopped by and one of the best Thai food in the Orlando area and that includes Altamonte and winter park location. I had the pineapple fried rice and the thai tea which is bountiful. It also came with 3 table side of spices to add your dish. Remember when you say medium it really hot. My nose started running but I couldn't stop eating. I even had left overs.

So today I felt like thai food again but couldn't settle for any place else except here. I drove over 35 minutes just for there food and I'll do it again. I'm in love with Spice Thai

Hartford, Vermont
“unassuming and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were at a nearby airport hotel for a meeting and were so glad to discover this gem in an unassuming location. You could easily miss Spice Thai among the chain restaurants and grab-and-go places nearby, but don't let the location fool you. We ate there twice for some of the best dishes I've had in a long time. Everything we tried was worth a repeat. We sampled the spring rolls, chicken wontons, dumplings, Pineapple Fried Rice, Thai Cashew chicken, Pad Thai, and the fried bananas. They offer degrees of spice - mild, medium, American Hot, and Thai Hot. I ordered my dish medium...and do not want to know how hot Thai Hot must be! Plating was beautiful and everything had a distinct and fresh taste (the problem with some fried foods is that the tastes run together). The atmosphere is relaxed, but the setting is polished. We dined as a couple, but there were plenty of tables with single diners. Don't drive past! The food is so good that this place should have a waiting list,

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Sooooo good!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We love Thai food and in our small part of the world, we don't have easy access! So when we saw this in a strip mall, I pulled up Trip Advisor and saw great reviews! I would definitely recommend the Pot Stickers and for the meal??? Without a doubt, the Waterfall Beef salad!!! We went back a second time just to get those 2 things!! Great service !! While every other restaurants had 30-45 minute wait, our hole in the wall was just a waiting for us!!!

“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Found this restaurant on trip advisor and thought we'd try it.

So glad we did. Started with fried calimari that was lightly fried. Simple but so good.

Then on to dinner. I had the Basil Duck American Hot. It was the best thing I've eaten on this trip. Crispy, spicy and slightly sweet with lots of veggies.

My wife had the Panang Curry with Shrimp American Hot. Also very good with lots of large fresh shrimp.

My son had the pineapple curry duck and said it was also very good.

For desert we had the Thai donuts and ice cream (coconut and red bean). The donuts were good, but the star was the ice cream, in particular the red bean.

When in orlando stop by and enjoy this restaurant.