“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is the best restaurant we have encountered in many visits to Orlando. Decor and service were excellent. Food was first rate, although it could have done with some of the traditional dishes (e. g. onion soup) that were being served in the restaurant below. Good wine selection. It's a pity that one cannot have access to this place without having to pay the Epcot entrance fee.

• Visited May 2013

Cape Coral, Florida
“Wonderful experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Yes, the price is high but the presentation and the food was excellent. I had the fish with potato scales and my husband had the duck. We had the escargot ravioli as an appetizer and my husband had the squash soup. Superb! The atmosphere was lovely, our window overlooked the walkway/waterway at Epcot and as the lights came one, it felt like we were in Paris. Would highly recommend this!

• Visited May 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Expensive, but we liked the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The meal began with an amuse bouche of escargot in brioche. My husband ate it, although he had always avoided escargot. I had an escargot appetizer, which was excellent. My entrée, the fish with potato scales was great (see photo). My husband liked his scallops but was not as thrilled with his salmon appetizer. For dessert we had grand marnier soufflé (one of my favorites). We sat by the window, where we could see some of the fireworks show. This restaurant replaced another French restaurant. For a special occasion, this is our favorite restaurant at Epcot. (Ee like Citricos at Grand Floridian better, but we like this restaurant in Epcot. we have eaten at most Epcot restaurants and casual food.)

• Visited January 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Limited menu! I have beef which was good. Fish was ok but small. We had raspberry sorbet with meringue which was terrific. MAKE RESERVATIONS!!!!!!

Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Paul Bocuse's son cashes in”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Two words: butter knife.

When I eat at a restaurant that trades on the name of Paul Bocuse, I expect the place setting to include a butter knife. Why? Because when they clear the table knife after the first course, you are left without anything to spread butter on the bread which is being dropped on your plate as servers carelessly reach across your table.

Let's continue from the beginning. After a fifteen minute wait for our scheduled reservation in a hallway with two chairs and no bar, we were coldly taken upstairs to a dining room where we immediately felt over dressed. But there's a dress code, you say? Not as far as we could tell. And don't think that playing by the rules will get you anything. The guy who showed up after us wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt unbuttoned to his stomach got the table by the window. Maybe he slipped the hostess a Lincoln.

It's not all bad. The food is actually pretty good. The presentations are interesting in their use and placement of components on the plate. The sauces were very good. While the preparation of each protein was a bit mundane, each dish had a sauce that was both complementary and powerfully flavored. Our only disappointment was with the use of truffle; believing that if it's included, you should be able to smell it. We could not.

Wine is a sore subject. I never order bottles. Instead, I prefer to have the sommelier choose glasses to go with each course. At many Disney restaurants the menu suggests a wine to go with each dish, which I find acceptable if less refined than offering a personal touch. Monsieur Paul goes with door number three: "would you like white or red?" There is no question I hate more. I haven't tasted the food. I haven't tasted the wine. What difference does it matter if it is white or red?

As soon as our waiter said he "would think about" what wine to pick for us, we should have left. With no sommelier on staff, this guy is going to guess at what we would like? My point is that Disney "Signature Dining" should do a bit of research before customers show up.

On the plus side, our desserts were very good. Then the waiter confessed that the same dessert can be purchased at the patisserie in the French pavilion. Sigh.

• Visited April 2013