“Tasty Food - Great Price - Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,369 of 3,166 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
“Tasty Food - Great Price - Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I am a vegetarian and am very limited to where I eat. I was surprised to find over 10 vegetarian items on the menu of about 150 things. They are extremely accomodating and it is literally the BEST SERVICE I have ever received. As a previous waitress of 11 years I find it very difficult to find good service. Honestly this is the BEST restaurant I have ever eaten at.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Melbourne Beach
“Delicious Vietnamese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We have been dining at this location for years and have seen this establishment go through several different owners. Although the food has been excellent, I found it to be super-excellent the other night. The sauces (fish oil/peanut sauce) are superb; not over-powering in flavor. The spring rolls are delicious, as is the soup (#43-the roast pork and wonton). The service is outstanding. They are prompt when taking your order and they make sure that your glass is always filled with whatever you are drinking. My husband and I really enjoy this restaurant and look forward to coming back soon.

• Visited May 2013
panama city beach
“I felt like I was back in Vietnam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I fell in love with Vietnamese food more than a decade ago on our first trip there. Forget all the stereotypes and prejudices that most Americans have concerning this cuisine which was primarily forged during the 60s and 70s after the war. After three trips there, I find myself looking for a good Vietnamese restaurant whenever we travel. HaLong Bistro was our choice on this trip to Orlando, having read some recent reviews. It didn't disappoint and our waiter, Viet, from Bien Hoa went out of his way to provide us with attentive service. We began with summer rolls with shrimp and pork and then shared a whole fried fish served Mekong style complete with rice paper for rolling, vermicelli, and a plate of fresh herbs and cucumber. We were provided with several different sauces for dipping. Our meal was completed with the traditional iced Vietnamese coffee, a jolting mix of strong coffee mixed with a spoonful of sweetened condensed milk. It is a dessert in itself. We will definitely be back to try something new the next time we're in Orlando.

• Visited April 2013
DeLand, Florida
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Take a break from those fast food burger joints or one of those "all you can eat asian buffets". Enjoy a walk through Orlando's Vi-Mi area and stop here for authentic Vietnamese food.
We were seated quickly and our food arrived both quickly and hot. We had the Crispy spring rolls for an appetizer, and they were crispy, not soggy. I had the lunch special #106 Co'm ga, bo xao rau cai which is Stir-fried chicken (or beef) with vegetables and rice $7.95. This is a platter of food with plenty of chicken, broccoli, and other veggies. My friend had #107 Co'm ga, bo xao cari Thai which is Stir-fried chicken (or beef) in Thai curry $8.50. He didn't like the zucchini in it, but said it was good other wise. He also enjoyed the Thai tea. We dined there at 11:30am on a Saturday and there was a decent crowd there. The restaurant was clean, quite, the service good, the food good and the price is reasonable. - So what are you waiting for ? Go enjoy a nice lunch or dinner here.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brandenburg, Kentucky
“Nice change of cuisine from the old Vinh's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Wife and I tried Ha Long Bistro having been to Vinh's in the past. The menu has been updated. We tried the summer rolls and Saigon pancake, both very good. Peanut sauce for the rolls had low heat and nice flavor. The pancake comes with a large plate of lettuce, basil and mint. Tearing off the pancake rolling it in lettuce and a few basil leaves and my taste buds were dancing! The hot pot was good, the pad thai was so so, but slathering it with peanut sauce took care of that, I finished it off. Good staff, really attentive waiter.

Will be back