“Food not bad, Service was good. DON'T PUT GRATUITY ON CREDIT CARD!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
8554 International Drive Orlando Fl, Orlando, Orlando, FL
407-248-6565
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Taj Mahal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,120 of 2,999 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Austrian Crt
Description: Indian Food from Fresh Ingredients and Homemade Spices You will find the taste of each Indian delicacy unique and different from others. We are one of the few Indian restaurants in the Orlando area which uses fresh ingredients and homemade spices. Our food is rich and flavorful with deep character. Visitors may enjoy a romantic setting with lush booths for intimate dining and we offer special tables for larger families for comfort and privacy. Our slogan is “We are all about taste”, and we earned our reputation as the only restaurant in town with an attitude to accommodate all your special requests. TajMahal® welcomes overseas groups with special religious and dietary needs from the Indian subcontinent. Open daily for delicious Indian food on International Drive in Orlando near the Convention Center. Our restaurant is a short drive from Disney World and most Orlando area tourist attractions.
New York City, New York
“Food not bad, Service was good. DON'T PUT GRATUITY ON CREDIT CARD!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Several months ago, my son took me to lunch at an Indian restaurant that had a Sunday buffet AND IT WAS GOOD!!! Prior to that wonderful experience that brought back many fond memories of Indian Cuisine in New York City, I hadn't had Indian food in years (in like 26 years, the time that I've lived in Orlando). My lady and I decided on Indian so when we saw this place, we went in. Cutting to the chase: The food to me wasn't bad, but my lady thought that it wasn't good at all. The service considering that they had ONE waitress working the ENTIRE room was good and she was quite pleasant and professional. When I went to pay the bill ($46.00), a service charge (15% = $6.90) was added. I paid with a card and added $15.00 more for the gratuity not knowing that my lady had given our server a cash grat. When she brought that to my attention, I asked the owner to please take off the $15.00 and instead, he had the server give me back cash OUT OF HER POCKET not even determining whether or not it was $15 telling me it's okay, he's the boss blah, blah, blah. I told him that I was in food & beverage management, yet he continued to say that it was alright for her to give me my money back. Well not only was I in F & B, I'm also from NYC and I KNEW what this man was doing was wrong: stealing that $15 from the server and keeping it for himself I suspect. On the way out, I gave that cash back to the server. I never looked at it to see how much it was, but my lady informed me that she had given her $6.00. NEVER PUT THE GRATUITY (TIP) ON THE CREDIT CARD BILL!!! HAND THE SERVER A CASH GRATUITY OTHERWISE I SUSPECT THAT SHE'LL NEVER SEE IT. I don't like dishonesty and taking advantage of people, and I certainly didn't like what I saw that evening as it was a real turn-off indeed. I WILL NOT recommend this restaurant as the food was mediocre, and I didn't like the treatment that the employee received.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Tustin, California
“If there was a country of Crap, this should have been in it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I came here this past Tuesday, and we were not satisfied. Let me group this into pros and cons.

Cons:

1) The service was very slow, and it wasn't good either.

2) The food tasted very bland, it had no Indian Spices( as an Indian myself, I know this)

3) It was very expensive, $18 for a small bowl of not even good tasting paneer.

4) None of the staff in the kitchen were Indian!

Pros:

1) Um, I'm out of Pros!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor Member
“Horrible, gf didnt like it at all!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

As impossible of a story as this may sound, here are a few snippets from it. Considerable wait to basically self-seat ourselves, got our appetizers yet no utenzils, coughing but nice waiter, other waiter in some sort of tantrum, complaining customers from arrival to departure - i'm surprised ours went so well... I'd rather go to Tony Romas or the Italian next door.

“Great Indian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I have recently tried to find the best Indian food in Orlando. I tried several locations and this was my favorite by far! I now try to eat here or get take out once a week. If you have a few minutes, or are new to Indian food, talk to the owner. He is very friendly and will offer suggestions and recommend a spice level for each dish.

My personal favorites are the Chicken Tikka Masala (Medium) and the Lamb Vindaloo (Hot). The takeout is very convenient and extremely well packaged.

Be sure and try this place out, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Great food - love the kofta!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great food (especially when surrounded by chains and awful places to eat!!!!). The owner was gracious and welcoming. I loved the food.

Visited November 2013