“Beauty and Beast Fans Must” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Be Our Guest

Be Our Guest
Magic Kingdom Drive, Magic Kingdom, Orlando, FL (Walt Disney World Resort)
407-939-3463
Cuisines: French, American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Walt Disney World Resort
Elk Grove,ca
“Beauty and Beast Fans Must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The place to visit if you are a Beauty and Beast fan. Lunch is the best choice for price and the food selections were excellent value. Atmosphere is all Disney as you would expect. No reservations taken for lunch so best to get there by 10:30 AM before line gets over an hour. Fun experience for B and B fans.

Lake Mary, Florida
“The wait was worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I made this reservation back in Oct/Nov and the wait was certainly worth it. We arrived about a 1/2 hour early, checked in and were seated in a matter of 10 minutes! We sat in the ballroom right by the windows which was quite magical! Surprisingly it was not that crowded! It was early in the evening but considering that you can never get reservations, we thought it would have been packed. Our party enjoyed the shrimp and scallops and the braised pork! All food was excellent! The best part was dessert! We had the grey stuff and it was delicious! A cookies and cream taste! We also had the passion fruit cream puff that was also delightful! It was all around a great experience and we would definitely return!

Visited March 2014
Illinois
“Fortunate to get Fastpass offer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We received an e-mail with an offer to try this restaurant on the "fast pass" option for lunch. We were able to pre-order our food, via e-mail, but if you wanted to change at the register, you could. Others stood at a screen and picked their food and then moved to a register to pay. The process went well and the sandwiches were good. You find your own table. The restaurant is adorable and we sat in the main ballroom, not realizing there were two rooms off to the side which were smaller and cozier. One room is very dark, as it is the Beast library. I like to see my food so I'm glad we didn't sit in there.

We wouldn't have stood in the long line for a table (3 adults), but it was worth it with the fast pass option. Found it strange that the line was incredibly long, but there were so many empty tables. I think Disney needs to work on getting people seated more efficiently in the restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tennessee
“Beautiful Decor, Okay Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We booked a dinner reservation for a party of 7 over 5 months in advance and the only time we could get during our weeklong trip was 9 pm. We arrived on time, but by the time we were seated and the waitress took our order it was 9:45 pm. We didn't finish until after 11 pm and were among the last to leave--which at least meant a good view of the rooms.
The restaurant is divided into three beautifully decorated rooms inspired by the castle in Beauty and the Beast: the Ballroom (look for the falling snow outside the window), the West Wing (look for the rose), and what I'll call the Portrait Room (a lot of pictures on the wall and a giant rotating figure of Belle and the Beast at the center). There's also a room where you can meet and take a photo with the Beast, and a small hallway with suits of armor (look for the hidden Mickey in the ax). Entering the restaurant we were given what must have been the standard dinner guest instructions. You can look around all you want--after your meal.
Once an hour the Beast greets each room with a formal bow. On the way back from the restroom, around 10 pm and before our appetizers had arrived, I noticed the Beast sitting in his chair with no guests in sight to meet him. Since it was already very late I asked the cast member if we could bring our young kids to meet him then. No, you can only meet him after you finish eating and are on your way out, I was told. Fifteen minutes later, another cast member came to our table to inform us that the Beast would leave at 10:30 pm. He was telling every table--meaning every guest in the restaurant that wanted to meet him would have to get in line at once. Luckily, we were among the first guests to be told, but why the rules are strictly enforced at 10 pm, and disregarded at 10:15 pm is beyond me.
The food was just okay. They seem to season everything heavily with pepper (one of our party's chicken was so spicy as to be inedible). Our server, who was very nice, gave the obligatory speech about Disney's healthy dining initiative, but when I asked if I could substitute zucchini for French Fries, I was told their policy was you could only substitute a starch for a starch or a vegetable for a vegetable. For dessert, you can order "the grey stuff" mentioned in the "Be Our Guest" song. It tastes a bit like a cross between whipped cream and Oreo cookie filling. It's good, but all I wanted was a taste, and then I opted for the strawberry cupcake which wasn't as sweet and was quite good.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Silverdale, Washington
“Would not stand in line for this but still a nice time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We were very lucky and got chosen to do a trial Fastpass at this restaurant. We were able to pre-order and when we showed up we were seated immediately and served shortly thereafter. There are 3 different dining rooms in the Beauty and the Beast theme and it is fun to walk around and look while waiting for your food. The line for this place was extremely long and though we enjoyed ourselves, I would not stand in line to eat here. The menu is also a french theme so our kindergartner was not thrilled with his lunch. Does not have the typical chicken nuggets and fries menu. My husband and I enjoyed our meals.