“Lunch and Dinner Review” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Midwest
“Lunch and Dinner Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family of five enjoyed both lunch and dinner at Be Our Guest in the new Fantasyland. We found both meals to be good, however, we were partial to the lunch menu.

First, the dining room is amazing, truly beautiful. The west wing was also awesome, with thunderstorms and lightning and the "red rose." The other dining area featured painting from the movie and various other items (this room is only open for lunch, to accommodate additional diners.

During dinner, the Beast is in the the dining hall, you can have your picture taken with him after dinner. Be warned, he is pretty imposing, I would estimate he is 10 foot tall.

As for the food:

Dinner was good, not great. The food was prompt in arriving, presented well, but lacked some flavors. My wife had a pork chop, while I had a shrimp puff pastry. Each member of my family enjoyed a cupcake, which were amazing!!! What made the meal stand out was the service we received from our waitress. She was great!

Lunch was great. As club level guests, we were able to test a new "procedure" for ordering at Be Our Guest. Therefore, we were able to skip the long lines and go straight into the restaurant. We had ordered our food the night before, online (this is part of the test). It arrived with five minutes of us taking our seats. The food was delicious and it was also served with a bit of flair.

Be sure to get an ADR for dinner and be prepared to wait in line for lunch. We noticed the line for lunch starts at 10:00, while the restaurant doesn't open until 10:30.

If you have any questions, please ask!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Orlando, Florida
“So happy for a new experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

After visiting WDW over the years it is so nice to just have a new experience. We dined here for lunch thanks to prior postings. I had initially assumed it was only for sit down dinner so I am glad I checked with TA. Our wait in line was actually shorter than expected and we were given menus to look at while we waited. The lunch menu was very limited so I would just encourage you to know what they offer before deciding to eat there. We ordered a chicken carver baguette sandwich, a roast beef baguette sandwich and slow roasted pork with mashed potatoes/green beans. We were all very pleased with our meals but I would have to say that the slow cooked pork was the best lunch I have ever had in Disney. I felt like I was eating a dinner entree just in a smaller serving. We chose to sit in the ballroom with the beautiful chandeliers and snowscape. We had no problem finding a seat and it was nice to not be carrying a tray around while trying to poach a table from other guests. Overall there are 3 very minor issues that I think bare mentioning. If you do eat in the ballroom be aware that it is open to the outdoors where you initially enter so the a/c isn't as efficient as in the other rooms. At lunch you will have to get your own drink at a soda fountain. A line can form fairly quickly so remember that each room has a soda fountain. Just walk into one of the other rooms from the main ballroom dining area if necessary. Finally, I would suggest that you keep in mind that not everyone who is visiting has experience with a touch screen kiosk where you must place your order. I did lose my patience with the party of 3 who were in front of us. There is a worker available to assist you. It is better to ask for help then make everyone wait while you try to "figure it out". It may also be helpful to know that on the food kiosk was an option for food allergies. Exceptional food in storybook surroundings!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Burleson, Texas
“Not worth all the excitement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We couldn't get reservations for dinner. The lunch was just so-so. The restaurant was really crowded and loud. We were on the Disney Deluxe Meal plan, which provides for three sit-down meals a day. When we had lunch, we had to place our order before even entering the restaurant and get our own drinks. I was so crowded that I had difficulty manipulating my scooter around.

Visited May 2013
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Great advice!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

While we weren't able to make it to see the dining room, a cast member informed me that you can tour the dining room any day before 10am!
We tried to go for lunch one day and the wait was close to 2 hours long. I attempted to make reservations for dinner back in February for our late May/ beginning of June vacation and the restaurant was completely booked. We thought our only option was going to be standing in line trying to get a table for lunch.
That's when a cast member told us that we can tour the castle anytime before 10am. Unfortunately we were unable to get back a day before 10am but that's great to know!!!

Visited June 2013
Terrace B.C.
“Best restaurant in the Magic Kingdom by far!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

By happy chance, our all adult family group managed to get the last table in the restaurant the day we were at the Magic kingdom......we were very pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious, well prepared and the portion size was just right. It was nice to be able to add a beer or glass of wine - though the selection is limited for the alcohol choices - we all found something that paired well with our food choices.
The decor is just like eating in the movie.....the snowy landscape outside the windows is very well done and makes you glad you're on the inside and staying warm :-)
I hope that they keep up the quality and service and don't give in to pressure from people who want fast food choices and the service that generally accompanies it....this one is a keeper.
Don't forget to try the grey stuff......it's delicious :-)

• Visited May 2013