“Food was good, Prices high for latin food, LOCATION HARD TO FIND” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,209 of 3,116 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Peruvian
North Florida
“Food was good, Prices high for latin food, LOCATION HARD TO FIND”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a hard time finding the restaurant, it's located in a shopping center in a corner facing the highway.
When we arrived the atmosphere looked pleasant and family friendly, and the music was nice joyful latin music . We ordered the Matador Combo for 4 people meal. It was $40 for the combo family meal.There was plenty of plantains and sweet plantains, and they were good. The beans were okay not enough for 4 people, they don't serve enough rice for 4 people though. The order came with a large plate of fries and frankfurters, great for kids. The chicken was good, but a little dry, I think the chicken in Pollo Tropical is better. And you can get almost the same meal for half the price at Pollo Tropical. The salad was plenty and very good, although next time I go I will ask them to leave the salad dressing on the side as they smothered the lettuce. They do not place any bread on the table, and my salad did not have avocado slices like the menu presents it. Overall it was good, and I'm pretty sure they have more to offer on other dishes I have not tried. However the prices are over the average for latin food. Latin food is not an expensive food, rice, beans are considered the staples of latin food cause they are so cheap, so yes the prices on the menu are higher than they should be. Overall it was good food. I would try them again if I'm in the area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Waverly, Iowa, United States
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Out of this world delicious, OMG! It was so good, it was my first visit and it won't be my last. Try it, it is amazing.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Absolutely love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been a regular here for at least 4 years and this place never disappoints . The food is alway great , my favs are the papa a la hauncaina, and the bistec ensebolado "grilled steak with onions and awesome rice and beans.the service is really good too. I highly recommend this is by far the best Latin food in orlando, can't wait to go again this weekend!being that I'm originally from jersey and there are tons of awesome Latin restarants in the Ny and Nj area I've found that there really aren't any good ones in orlando but this place is great.

• Visited March 2013
Kissimmee, Florida
“Ok will not return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The service was just ok not much interaction from our waiter... the food was just ok we have enjoyed much better food at other nearby locations. Will not return. The only positive was the mariachis that entertained on Friday night.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toa Baja
“Great South American Food..!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Fresh and delicious food at Pio Pio.. We were very hungry after flying into Orlando, Florida, so I went into my GPS and selected Food near the current location and fast enough the Pio Pio popped up. It was totally awesome and the attention from the waiters was excellent.

• Visited December 2012