“Very Adequate and Nice!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #214 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
“Very Adequate and Nice!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights,,, very pleasant. The GM Charlie was a pleasure to do business with.
You are close to all the attractions,they have a shuttle, breakfast, pool. And the price is better than most of the other places..

Pros:

Many of the rooms are completely remodeled !!
All of the rooms have very nice beds and furniture!
WiFi is strong

Cons:
Right next to the freeway
A little noisy

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a remodeled bathroom! Much nicer.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bradenton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I can't agree more with the reviews to remember not to judge a book by it's cover!
I admit that I was worried when I booked my reservations. I had been hoping to book at the Quality Inn nearby but they were fully booked for 2 of the 3 nights I was going to be in town, so Econo Lodge it was.
Upon arrival, check in was quick and easy. The lobby was nice and clean and parking was plentiful. Our room was the big shocker. The room was very clean and very nice. Looked newly renovated. We had previously stayed at one of the higher end hotels down the street from here and can honestly say, this room was very comparable to those hotels, for over $100 less per night. So we didn't get the lavishness of the lobby area, but I think that's a pretty fair trade.
Not a single complaint to be had regarding housekeeping or maintenance. The rooms are outdoor entrances so from time to time, we did hear bits of conversations being held in the hallway outside but nothing that kept us awake at night or made anyone uncomfortable. I-4 is very close but the sound didn't keep any of us from a good nights sleep and aided in the convenience of location. The hotel is minutes from Universal and offers a shuttle, though we chose not to take advantage of that service. My only even minor complaint was that for a room with 2 bed, we were left only one packet of coffee every day. Thankfully there is a Starbucks in City Walk that we knew we would pass on our way to the parks.
Other than my most minor of complaints, this was a great hotel, in a great location for Universal Studios visitors, for a great price. My son even asked if we can stay here again next time we come to Orlando. Thank you again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the lobby side have a great view of "Fun Spot" across the street. My son LOVED wa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We booked our rooms online. When we arrived to the hotel our reservations never went through. I thought it was going to be a nightmare. But they had the two rooms we needed and even honored the price I found online. So that was great. All of the staff seemed very friendly and helpful. The outside of the hotel did not look all that great so I was a little nervous putting the key card into the door. I closed my eyes as the door opened. When I finally opened them to my surprise the room was beautiful. It must of been recently renovated. The beds were so comfy. 3 fluffy pillows on each bed, and I fridge in the room. The blankets looked brand new. We also loved having a safe in the room, and the wifi worked great. The pool was nice looking, though it was kind of cold. I don't think it was heated. (I guess that wouldn't matter if you we're staying in the warm summer months) there were good places to eat all around and plenty of fun things to do. It only took us about 5 minutes to drive to Universal Studios. All in all I would definitely stay here again! Great hotel! :)

• Stayed February 2013
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night before going to Disney World with my 2 children. We got one room for the 3 of us. The hotel room was okay at best. Beds were clean, no bugs, stains or suggestions that linen wasn't fresh for us. There was food in our fridge from previous guests and our bathroom had not been cleaned. We asked for an adjoining room with my parents and got told we would get one - but they were rooms beside each other, not adjoining.
We arrived at 4pm but our rooms were not ready. The employee at the desk was very pleasant but said they were unexpectedly full and were behind. She told us to come back in an hour. We went to tour downtown Disney and did not come back for another 3 hours but our rooms were ready then.
I did not complain about the food or the bathroom, we were in and out of that hotel room. We did not use the shower so it wasn't worth fighting.
We got the room for less then $30 on Priceline so it was worth the price. It wasn't glamourous but it was good enough for an overnight stay. Had I needed a shower or stayed longer, I would have insisted on another room or someone to clean the bathroom for sure.
Breakfast was the usual bread, muffins, pastries and waffles. Juice, coffee and one kind of cereal were available. I was pleased that they had hard boiled eggs so at least we got some protein in us along with all the carbs. It got us filled up for the morning, until we ate at Disney.
Pool was very far from the hotel rooms and not very inviting. Right infront of some construction, full of dust. We didn't bother.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Juan, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This Hotel is the cleanest and comfortable one among all low rates hotels. Trust me, I work as a Maintenance manager for a Hotel. Comfortable beds, awesome Room WI Fi signal.(other hotels you have to go to lobby to get signal) Location is 1 min to Wet & wild and 5 to Universal. Good restaurant right across the street. Front Desk girl was very friendly, even when I called after check out, I think her name is Karla.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I arrived late and 10 minutes in my room the fire alarm went off. Walked next door to Pizza Hut. Fire department arrive in less than 3 minutes. All was fine! I was on the second floor and had great room and refrigerator but I had requested it. Also had iron and board, blow dryer. Very close to a go-cart track and a chunk E Cheese! No complaints and the price was great!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gloucester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This looked nice on the review but was more of a motel , When we first arrived we were allocated a room on the top floor on the the middle building, to find that it was damp and fousty, with air con that didnt really work .
We went and complained and managed to get moved to a pool view room on the ground floor. entering the room it was like we were staying in a differnt hotel (motel) it was clean , cool a/c and evn a microwave and fridge in this room . so i think the quality of room is all down to luck of the draw. But i wouldnt want to take the chance and stay there again !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge International? Share your experiences!