“Saved From the High-Fat Hell That is the Florida Interstate ....” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #443 of 3,108 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Turkish, Halal
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine has been established since 2004, and has been family owned and operated ever since. Our first location (on Park Avenue in Winter Park, FL) has firmly established our presence as the premier Turkish restaurant company in Florida. This location (opened in late 2012) was our first endeavor into the South Orlando market - and we're so glad to be here! We're very excited about our newest location, and are quite proud to say that our food, wines, and high level of service are identical to our Winter Park location. Come experience our authentic Turkish cuisine, made in-house, from scratch - every single day. We look forward to seeing you at Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine in Dr. Phillips!
NYC
“Saved From the High-Fat Hell That is the Florida Interstate ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Thanks to Yelp we were able to find this amazing Middle Eastern restaurant while driving across the state, saving us from a high-fat fast food meal. It was mere minutes off of I-4; the service was friendly and fast (although people around us were lingering over longer meals). We are on a "Vegan Before 6" eating style, and were thrilled to find that almost half of this menu of Turkish dishes was open to us. Because we were on a driving schedule, we stuck to a large assortment of cold appetizers, a gorgeous loaf of lavas bread, and 2 for 1 Bellinis. Everything was wonderful, with interesting spices and enough of an individual, different approach to the flavors that old standbys like hummous, babaganoush, and tabbouleh were fresh and exciting.

The service was warm and attentive without being intrusive. I remember a bittersweet snippet of conversation with the young man who seated us at an outside table ... we talked about his family in Turkey, how cold it was there this time of year, how much he loved Orlando and America, how much he wished his family could join him, and how hard they worked at their businesses in Turkey.

As we left, I entered The Bosphorus Restaurant in the Simplenote file I keep of restaurants I've eaten at that I plan to return to - next time I'm in the area, I will definitely be going back to The Bosphorus.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Arabic first
Aberdeen, Scotland
“Expensive for nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Pleasant enough ... but I've had far better for a fraction of the price. There's really not much more to say about it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“A bit expensive....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

but food is good, it must be the location! I'd frequent the restaurant more often if price was more reasonable.

Visited September 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Best Turkish Cousine in Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have many cities in Florida and I have been to many Turkish cousins. Bosphorous is the best so far for me. Their kebabs and doners are very delicious. My favorite is doner kebab which is made of lamb. It is very well cooked and is not very seasoned which shows the quality of the meat they use. They also plenty of Turkish wine selections which you will not regret to try. The restaurant is located in very nice place and while you eat food you will be hearing Turkish music. Waitresses are very kind and will be helpful explain the food for you, if it is your first time at that place or at a Turkish cousin. Plus, they have plenty food selections for also veggies!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cocoa, Florida
“Wonderful food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Food was excellent, service was excellent! We have dined at both Bosphorous locations in the area and both are worth the trip.

Visited September 2013