“Excellent tequilla & guacamole” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #341 of 3,008 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dr. Phillips Blvd.
Description: Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar serves the best authentic, fresh, and reasonably priced Mexican food featuring the simple recipes of everyday Mexican life. The corn tortillas are made by hand and cooked fresh on the comal just as they are made in kitchens throughout Mexico. Enjoy fresh guacamole prepared tableside. Order a Margarita mixed with housemade sour mix. Sample one of the 220 different Tequila's Rocco's keeps on hand (The Largest Selection in Florida). The bar is always busy and the crowd's energy level reaches a crescendo when "Rocco" himself does his now famous "TEQUILA DANCE" on top of the bar. Rocco's Tacos offers outdoor lakeside dining along beautiful Sand Lake. Come join the fun at Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar!!
Ocala, Florida
“Excellent tequilla & guacamole”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went there while visiting a friend in Orlando on a Saturday night. Got there about 7 and still had an hour wait to get a table. Decided to wait it out at the bar and have a drink. Nearly unlimited tequila options and staff was knowledgeable and helpful. Once we did get a table we ordered the guacamole as an app and they came out and made it fresh at the table. Very good. The entrees were also very good. A bit on the expensive side (about $100 for two of us with two drinks each) but a decent experience overall.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Morganton, NC
“Too loud, food sub-par but gorgeous place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I were searching for a place to eat after 9pm and this is all that we could find that was close to our hotel (I now wish we would have made the short drive to Downtown Disney where many restaurants are open at this hour). We found it hard to believe that all of the sit-down restaurants were closed at 9pm in Orlando when so many tourists were in town in one of the biggest tourists meccas in the world, but whatever. Back to Rocco's: the establishment is absolutely beautiful: there are many tiki-style lights both outside and inside. There are cool, wooden masks that line the walls. But the music, although a great selection of mainly classic rock the night we were there, is so loud, pounding and obtrusive, you cannot hear yourself speak! It is annoying! My husband ordered flautas which did not come with salsa, so when he asked the waitress for a small amount of salsa to put on his meal, she insisted that he must order the $3.50 chips and salsa in order to get salsa (so he did). I ordered a nacho appetizer but unfortunately there were hardly any nachos, it was mainly cheese! I like cheese as much as anyone, but it was excessive! I piled up the extra cheese that I could not stomach and the mound of my small plate was the size of a softball - no exaggerating! We called the manager over to discuss our concerns (requirement to order chips and salsa to get a small amount of salsa and the huge lump of cheese that was added to my meal) and he was a real jerk! He had a bad attitude and could not have cared less!! He did take the chips and salsa off our bill because he could see that it was barely touched. Although it is a very attractively designed restaurant, we will never return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
winchester, Kentucky
“Fun place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Best guacamole I have ever had - made fresh and served tableside. The margaritas were pretty tasty as well. I was there on business with a party of 6 and everyone had a great time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Never again!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went there with my family for mother's day. The first thing I noticed was it is way to crowded. i was actually wondering if they broke fire safety laws. The drinks were good, and food was nothing I would care to eat again.
My biggest complaint about this place is, it is WAY to noisy!! We had to yell at each other just to be heard. I felt more like I was in a club scene that a restaurant. If I wanted to go to a club, I would do that. We wanted to eat.
Save yourself the trip

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“We'll be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

After hearing rave reviews from friends that live closer to the Dr. Phillips area we decided to go a little out of or way to try it. It's pretty good. Not as good as most of the Mexican places we've been to in Austin & San Antonio, but a fair bit better than any other I've been to in Orlando. The $9.50 house Margaritas were very average and not very large, so I think we'll skip these next time. The table-side guacamole was good but not outstanding. I'd still order this again, if only for entertainment value, but I'd really like to try their Ceviche and would suggest hey put the price on the menu or at least on the specials board.I had the Mahi Tacos. they were good enough and they accommodated my request o make them with grilled Mahi, not fried, next time I order them I'll also ask to hold the pineapple that wasn't listed on the menu as an ingredient and add extra Jalapenos.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere