“We'll be back” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #401 of 3,243 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dr. Phillips Blvd.
Description: Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar serves the best authentic, fresh, and reasonably priced Mexican food featuring the simple recipes of everyday Mexican life. The corn tortillas are made by hand and cooked fresh on the comal just as they are made in kitchens throughout Mexico. Enjoy fresh guacamole prepared tableside. Order a Margarita mixed with housemade sour mix. Sample one of the 220 different Tequila's Rocco's keeps on hand (The Largest Selection in Florida). The bar is always busy and the crowd's energy level reaches a crescendo when "Rocco" himself does his now famous "TEQUILA DANCE" on top of the bar. Rocco's Tacos offers outdoor lakeside dining along beautiful Sand Lake. Come join the fun at Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar!!
“We'll be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

After hearing rave reviews from friends that live closer to the Dr. Phillips area we decided to go a little out of or way to try it. It's pretty good. Not as good as most of the Mexican places we've been to in Austin & San Antonio, but a fair bit better than any other I've been to in Orlando. The $9.50 house Margaritas were very average and not very large, so I think we'll skip these next time. The table-side guacamole was good but not outstanding. I'd still order this again, if only for entertainment value, but I'd really like to try their Ceviche and would suggest hey put the price on the menu or at least on the specials board.I had the Mahi Tacos. they were good enough and they accommodated my request o make them with grilled Mahi, not fried, next time I order them I'll also ask to hold the pineapple that wasn't listed on the menu as an ingredient and add extra Jalapenos.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

the villages
“GREAT GUACAMOLE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

$$$$ VERY EXPENSIVE FOR TACO'S, BUT GREAT GUACAMOLE TABLE SIDE. Was very loud, very crowded, but good service. Food very highly seasoned with MSG so watch out. Spent over $100 for a couple beers, 1/2 order guacamole table side and fajita's for 2.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Would not rush to go back - food average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This restaurant is local to us so we went despite mixed comments, some of my friends raved about it and some would not go back. If I am totally honest it is not a place I would choose to go back to, although the server was attentive and friendly I have had tastier food at the same price point at other local restaurants. We sat on the deck, the tub chairs are too large to move around to allow easy access to the table when the table behind is occupied. I am not sure if you get free nachos but you do not get complimentary salsa. We ordered guacamole so got nachos. The guacamole, which is only average, is made table side in a bowl that has been sitting out on your table in the open air (Thoughts of birds and bugs came to mind). My veggie enchilada was bland with lots of rice and cold beans slopped on the plate. We have had better Mexican food at Cantina and Tijuana. It is inexpensive with a chain atmosphere.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hyannis, Massachusetts
“Underwhelming.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I were visiting Orlando for the average Disney action when he suggested this place. I wasn't too encouraged by the reviews but when we pulled up, the place was hopping, the tequila flowing and after all day at the Animal Kingdom, I was ready for a real margarita and some filling food. The place was noisy and overflowing with business, they have to be doing something right, right? Well, their restaurant is situated on a lake, outside was gorgeous, there are plenty of bar areas and their margarita menu makes me want to come back. The decor is over the top, but I don't mind that, it's eye-catching there's something to look at where ever you are. Anyways, we ordered the seafood molcajeta, pollo taco, chorizo taco and the chihuahua combo plater. Out of all of that the only impressive thing was the taco carne molida on the combo platter and maybe the pollo taco if we're being generous. I had a question about one of the ingredients in my dish and the server's answer was basically "I don't know" not even “I'll find out for you." I had ordered my tacos on a soft shell corn tortilla which tasted like it just came out of the fridge. I also tried their red sangria and sent it back because it was tasteless. I can make better "sangria" with cheap red wine and flavored soda water. That can pretty much sums up the entire meal, tasteless and underwhelming. I saw a review somewhere that called this place "Mexican food for white people." Maybe they think this is Mexican because they serve tortillas but if they want to be considered "Mexican" or even Tex-Mex they should learn what spices are. Salt and pepper would be a good start.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Great guacamole, strong drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

The food is generally executed well - the tableside guac preparation is entertaining and tasty. Drinks are on the pricey side but are made with a heavy pour so the value is there. They are noted for their selection of tequilas. Service was only mediocre which appeared to result from lack of training. The restaurant is loud making casual conversation difficult. Overall a good addition to "restaurant row".

Visited May 2013