“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

(407) 352-4844
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Hawaiian Fusion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 3,167 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Pacific Rim
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dr Phillips Blvd.
Max Meadows, Virginia
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had great service from the moment we walked in the door. The manager was so energetic and passionate about the menu. I had the combination of braised short ribs and butterfish. Both were delicious, but the butterfish was the best fish I've ever eaten. We are going back just for that! The atmosphere was modern and relaxed, a little noisy but quiet enough that we had a conversation without trouble.
Can't wait to go back!

Titusville, FL
“Excellence in Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Recently, I had the opportunity to take a couple of business associates to Roy's. First night, we sat up by the kitchen and enjoyed watching the chefs at work. All 3 of us had the Andouille Crusted Snapper, which was one of the best fish dishes I've had. I'm usually a fan of the Butterfish, but this takes it. Here's the point of my review....my associates loved it so much that I had to take them back the next night. Others came also. Each night, the staff went out of their way to welcome us. Since they hadn't ever been to Roy's, the staff brought samples of various dishes for them to try, made "custom" entrees' based on their desire to sample different fare, and made each night memorable. I really appreciated Roy's living up to the excellent reputation that they have established in Orlando. They made me look pretty good too! Thanks Roy's!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Good perhaps, but not Very Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Dined as a party of 8. Probably should have been allocated a circular table as we wanted to chat/discuss/talk but instead got a rectangular table that was much less good.

Had to put up with a "tour of the menu" that frankly might have been relevant had we been unable to read. Worse still, the acoustics meant this painful performance got repeated at both ends of the table.

Have to say I liked my appetiser - the Korean/Vietnamese style short beef ribs. Then I had an almost wonderful steak in that there was the slight crunch of the promised sea salt and Szechuan pepper plus it was almost cooked to the Pittsburgh style requested, perhaps it was just too rare in the center. The poor aspect was the green beans that should have come with a lime dressing - perhaps they did but it was hard to notice it - but it also came with bacon bits that were unannounced and unwelcome - why, oh why do places have to do this. If they put ingredients and sauces in the menu listing then why not be honest and list them all.

For the party as a whole, there was dissastisfaction with the near interminable wait for the entrees. And then there was the bill-splitting series of mistakes, one after another. Maybe we made it harder than it might have been but even Job would have lost patience with the relative ineptitude of the server whose desire to please was overcome with a too-fast hurry-up approach that inevitably caused more errors.

I would be willing to eat at this or other branches in the future but would want to be clear up-front of the service I was looking for.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“good experience,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

not the first time we have been to a roy's. they have quite a few locations around the state. As allways, quality food and a fun experience makes me enjoy my return trips.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida, United States
“Amazing meal....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The fish feature, which I wish I could remember, was amazing! I love the decor, and my fiancee was thrilled to be at the place. Took our own champagne, and enjoyed a phenomenal meal before visiting Mickey. When will they open in Miami??? One can only hope...

• Visited August 2013