“Always Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

+1 407-352-4844
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Hawaiian Fusion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 3,263 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Pacific Rim
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dr Phillips Blvd.
“Always Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a restaurant I know for 5 years, and they are always increasing quality of service and food. I went for the happy hour with my wife and our 16 mo daughter, sat in front of the kitchen (best place), and again had an awesome experience. Fantastic gourmet food, and everyone was spoiling our child with toys, infant complimentary gourmet food (celery, carrot, prance, apple, cheese pizza, etc). This is definitely a restaurant to be on top of the list.

Visited September 2013

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire
“First class!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

we travelled from the UK & on recommendation sought out this place. From start to finish it was first class. The lady who gave us a "tour" of the menu was spot on with her recommendations ( we always try new foods & were not let down) The server was so friendly & spent a lot of time chatting as were were English! We even got complimentary dessert as we had come on recommendation.
The maître 'D stopped us on leaving & asked how we had enjoyed it & issued his business card.
If only service was so in the UK...Staff who actually LOVE their job or at least give that impression..WoW!
Oh, the food was absolutely amazing too!

Orlando
“Another great night at Roy's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We've been coming to this restaurant since it opened in 2001 and have never had an unpleasant experience, with food, drinks or service. This visit was no exception. The calamari appetizer is the best I've had on four continents. I used to try calamari at different restaurants to see how I preferred it. No more as nothing comes close to Roy's. My wife had the butterfish entree and I had the lobster roll with waygu beef appetizer as my entree. Both were delicious. Service was also excellent and Dan, the manager, always stops by our table to chat. Sid, his assistant, is also a presence on the floor, checking on service and making sure the high standards are maintained.

Orlando, Florida
“Good Food Better call for reservations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Like many others added to the crowd going on the Magical Dining experience.
Friday night called but earliest was 8:45 so took a chance and ate at the table top.
Place has a nice atmosphere. Bar was filled. The Fixed Magical Dining menu more than adequate had the Ribs as appetizer with the encrusted Mahi Mahi. They also bring some edamame ( Boiled Green Fruit soybeans in a pod) cover in a tasty seasoning. BUT Watch the sodium. IT has been a long time since I have to wake up and guzzle water all night,
Would go back again, definitely worth it.
Server who was Shane was very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bluffton
“You have to dine here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Let me preface my review by saying I have been in in the restaurant business for 14 years now and my expectations of fine dining seafood are incredibly high, probably too high in most cases. This is one of the few instances that I was absolutely blown away by both the food and service. Our server(both times) David, really went above and beyond to ensure our experience was a special one, being as the first time I was wining and dining my girlfriend's family while they visited Orlando from Italy, and the second time I was bringing my girlfriend in to show her just how great this place was(she wasn't with her family on the first visit).

Let me start with the drinks from both occasions. Spot on manhattans for me both time, perfect ratio of bourbon, vermouth, and bitters and the bartender didn't destroy them in a shaker. Girlfriend loved her Hawaiian martini, and her parents were very happy with their drinks as well. Only disappointment out of everything we ordered were the lobster pot stickers.. over seasoned and cooked to the point that the dish could have been pork pot stickers and we would have had no idea, lobster was not the star of that dish for sure. On to the entrees, when dining with Brit's parents, I went with the scallops and wow. Perfectly cooked U10-12 diver scallops, clearly dry packed. Golden sear on the outside, and the inside was just pure buttery moist, home run of a dish. Everyone was very happy with their meals as well, and the pineapple upside down cake dessert was absolutely fantastic, could have eaten three of those and not regretted a thing.

Now when I took Brit here is when the magic really happened. I had the misoyaki butterfish, which was everything I expected it to be(you can't really screw up butterfish, unless you just eat too much of it), but Brit ordered the star of both meals combined, the andouille crusted Hawaiian monchong. Holy. Crap. I can honestly say it is the best fish dish I have had up to this point in my life. Cooked absolutely perfectly, and spot on with all of the seasonings and ingredients while still letting the fish do all of the talking. Girlfriend was over the top happy with her meal and the experience we both had at Roy's.. Thanks again David for the great service both times, you're a rockstar among waiters. Can't wait to dine with Roy's again.

• Visited May 2013