“Creative and worth the price.” 5 of 5 stars

(407) 352-4844
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Hawaiian Fusion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 3,166 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Pacific Rim
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dr Phillips Blvd.
washington, dc
“Creative and worth the price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I absolutely loved this restaurant. I love going to restaurants, where there are numerous items on the menu I want to try and Roy’s has that menu.
With that said, this is not your 5 star New York dinner, but I can’t remember that last restaurant in Orlando that left a great big smile on my face as Roy’s did.
Appetizers there were too many that we wanted to try so we got the sampler tray, which satisfied everyone at the table, and the lobster pot stickers were the favorite.
We had the Seared U-10 Scallops & Grits, perfect, the short ribs, very good and the Hawaiian Style Misoyaki Butterfish, which was the best. This dish was excellent in presentation, flavor and quantity. The sauce was a well done sweet and spicy broth, yum. We enjoyed the dinner so much we did something out of the ordinary and order a dessert to share. The upside down pineapple cake was very good.
The service was very good.
Wine menu small but sufficient. I would add more French selections, but it covered all regions and price ranges.
I will return to this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Very nice meal, room was loud and cold”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The fish was well prepared and perfectly cooked. We shared the greens salad, always a good treat. The dressing is light with lots of subtle flavors, you can't go wrong. I had the Andouille Crusted Snapper, something unexpected and I was suspicious the sausage might overwhelm the fish, but the chef pulled it off. It was an experiment well worth the try. Barbara had the shelfish sampler and from my taste everything was just right. Our waiters agreed the room is very loud and the restaurant is scheduled for a renovation in April to fix it. Our table had the AC coming down on us and one of our servers got my wife a chefs coat. It would have rated an excellent if not for he noise and cold.

Jeannie L, Guest Relations Manager at Roy's Hawaiian Fusion, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your review and we're sorry to hear you were cold! We will surely share your feedback with our Ohana in Orlando. If you visit any of our other locations country-wide and need a reservation, feel free to email me directly at jlee@roysrestaurant.com. I will personally ensure that the manager is informed about your previous experience. We'll make sure the temperature in the room is appropriate!

Mahalo for your feedback,
Jeannie Lee @ Roy's
San Diego
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was responsible for putting together a group dinner and after a little research settled on Roy's. The restaurant staff was extremely helpful and accommodating and there were not problems as the number of our party changed. I had never been to a Roy's but several members of our group had. I thought the food was quite good and not terribly expensive for a "nice" restaurant in Orlando. The service was excellent. My one complaint: good heavens, the noise!

Visited November 2012
Torquay, United Kingdom
“one of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

What can we say... This was a real find on our last evening in Orlando. The food, service and general atmosphere was amazing. It's difficult to describe how great the food was, but it was fantastic quality and the best we have had in a very long time. It maybe worth phoning in advance to make a reservation as it was very busy. Well worth a visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Nice environment with great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place was quite busy, but found a way to accommodate a walk in table of 10. Staff was very friendly, and the menu had some excellent choices. Andouille Crusted Snapper with empura okra & crystal hot sauce beurre blanc, is a MUST try. Such unique flavor, I will return to this place just for this. Excellent appetizers, such as short ribs, and great deserts such as a peanut butter flavored cheesecake.

• 5 of 5 stars Food