“Great Room for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5460 Gateway Village Circle, Orlando, FL 32812 (Orlando International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #5 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bradenton, United States
“Great Room for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Ask for a room away from the elevators so that you can sleep. Top floor facing the airport hears more planes in the air. Other than that, service, location and rooms are outstanding. Great service and walking distance to several restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We are so glad you had such an outstanding stay! I do want to apologize for the plane noise as I am sure many airport properties do hear that feedback but I can say that we are a cement building which does prevent less sound from traveling through the hotel. We look forward to having you return to our property to enjoy the service and great rooms the next time your travels bring you to or through Orlando. Again thank you for your review and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Allison.Martin2@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I were supposed to be staying for one night at this hotel- they had other ideas. We were flying in from the northeast after some rough weather. I had called the hotel twice (once the day before check in and the day of) to update them as our flight was delayed and we would not be arriving until after 11:30p. Upon arrival, we called for the shuttle service and was told it would be there within 10-15 minutes. After waiting 25 minutes (this is at 12:30AM at this point) we called again and were told "oh he must have had a full shuttle and missed you". There was practically no people at the airport at this time and once the shuttle finally arrived I knew I had not seen it pass by (later, I found it out they delayed in sending the driver in order for the night auditor to start calling area hotels- nice hospitality!!!). Upon arrival (after 1AM) we were "greeted" by quite possibly the worst night auditor I have ever seen who was frantically calling hotels (in front of us at the desk) as they were oversold and we had to be walked.

I have worked in this industry for over 10 years and understand that when a hotel is oversold they will walk those who reserved the employee rate- it is what it is. However, when the night audit arrives on a Wednesday night at 11PM in Orlando and looks at the system, you have a pretty good indication that you will need to walk guests. There was no walk letter prepared, hotel reservation made not even an offer for some water! It was a joke! She claimed all hotels in the area were sold out and finally found us a hotel not even close to comparable over 25 minutes away! The next challenge to get us a cab to the hotel took another hour as "it is hard to get a cab this late at night"- well, there were about 30 cabs with Mears sitting at the airport (however I think this was too expensive for them to pay for).
There is NO reason why these arrangements should not have been made prior to our arrival-especially after I called earlier that evening and told them we would be a late arrival and was told "not a problem, see you then". At the end of it all - we were not in a hotel room until 3:30AM thanks to this terrible front desk agent. There was no sympathy or apology offered (at this point, a sincere apology would have gone a long way). There needs to be a MASSIVE overhaul in training your night audit. My husband and I travel to Orlando 4-5 times a year and always spend a night at an airport hotel- we will NEVER stay at this property with the lack of respect we received from the TERRIBLE night auditor.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing some very valuable feedback with us regarding your recent experience you encountered with our night auditor during your arrival. I would like to apologize for the situation you were faced with when arriving on property. I can assure you that it is not our policy to oversell, however when we are faced with that challenge the staff is trained to accommodate all guests and I am terribly sorry that this experience completely fell short of what we strive for daily which is 100% guest satisfaction. I can assure you this matter will be addressed with the individual to ensure this experience will not take place for any guests that are being relocated in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly, if you would like to discuss the situation further. Once again my sincerest apology for the inconvenience you experienced with our night auditor. I do hope that you will return as I know that this was unfortunate situation and I am confident that you would not experience something like this again.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was looking for somewhere to stay for one night between flights in Orlando and the Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport was perfect for that. The shuttle came and picked me up from the airport within ten minutes of me calling and the driver was very pleasant and professional. I was too tired to go to any of the restaurants nearby and they don't do room service but I was able to pull together a perfect late night snack from the shop at reception. The room was large and spotless and they provide complimentary wi-fi. The breakfast in the morning was basic but was all that I needed and everyone I dealt with was friendly and professional. Especially the shuttle driver who took me back to the airport. I think his name was Vince. But the BEST thing about this hotel was the bed. I do not know where they got that mattress and those pillows but after a 20+ hour flight, it was extremely comfortable. In fact, far superior to the more expensive hotels I stayed in for the rest of my trip. My only slightly negative comment was that the walls are a little thin and I was woken by some pretty excited children in the room next door at about 5am. However, you have to expect excited children in Orlando. All in all, if you are a weary traveler looking for somewhere basic to stop between flights, this hotel is perfect. You will be comfortable, looked after and sleep like a log in one of their amazing beds.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community! I am so pleased that we have met all of your expectations throughout the stay. I am glad to hear that our suite shop was able to offer you a late at night snacks after a long day of travel. Thank you for your praise regarding the friendliness and professionalism of our team and for taking a moment to mention Vince a valued member of our Van team, I will be sure to recognize him for his efforts. We know how important a great night sleep is after a long day of travel and we are happy that our Cloud 9 bedding put you to rest. I did want to apologize for the noise next door but appreciate your empathy regarding the excited children. Thank you again for such a detailed review and I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back soon. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Orlando, FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

This Hampton Inn & Suites was spotless, very comfortable, and to say the staff was "terrific" would be an understatement! My wife was ill. The people behind the desk, housekeeping, and the van driver were constantly doing things to assure my wife's comfort. Unfortunately it was only one night's stay! My wife and I would return to this Hampton Inn in a heartbeat!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community. We were delighted to see this stay was a “10” in every way providing you with clean and comfortable surroundings. Thank you for your compliments regarding out “terrific staff” as we want our guests to experience the outstanding service we have to offer. We are glad that we could provide a feeling of home and more importantly I do hope that your wife is feeling better now. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to having you return soon and ask if you need anything at all please contact me directly.

Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

this hotel is the nicest i've ever stayed in.we arrived late,like 1:00a.m. after being left stranded by VALUE RENTAL CAR,see that review,called hampton to tell them we were late but would be there,and they sent a shuttle for us. when we arrived,we were greeted at the door with keys to our room,and a bag with goodies,water,nuts,etc. our room was very nice,everything was so comfortable.(wish i knew what kind of mattress we slept on) shower was so easy to step into and so large!!! hot breakfast every morning which was always different and the variety! wow! coffee was as good as dunkin donuts if not better and they have a 24/7 coffee bar which includes hot chocolate as well as a variety of teas.there is a computer room,a exercise room,which we used both. my favorite was the area off the dining room which had a firepit and the most comfortable outdoor furniture ever. pool was lovely but we did not use it. help at the desk was above and beyond.I rate this a A+

Room Tip: all the rooms are good,you cannot go wrong with any.we had a king size bed and as i said,it was very...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We appreciate your glowing review and are excited to be the nicest you've ever stayed in. I am delighted the agent provided you with fast efficient service especially being that it was so late at night when you arrived. Regarding our bedding they are known as Cloud 9 that is only offered at Hampton! I see that you were able to enjoy the complimentary amenities offered during your stay including the on the house breakfast, 24 hour fresh coffee bar, both fitness and business center and lastly our outdoor fire pit patio which is great on the cooler nights. Thank you for the A+ rating and we look forward to your return. If you need any further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We found this Hampton Inn to be large and comfortable. We had numerous flight complications, three members arriving at midnight, and one not arriving until the next day and they were gracious and helpful when we arrived. LOVE the late check out time.

We tried to save on travel costs by booking their port canaveral package with morning transportation to port canaveral. For a few more dollars, we could have had a personal taxi, following our timeline. We found the shuttle service stressful and had no control over arrival and departure time and, though Hampton Inn gave us the shuttle phone number, they made no effort to help us communicate with them, which was very challenging.

Room Tip: Don't book port canaveral package Suites are nice, but there is no dividing wall between the si...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community. I am glad your experience was a positive one especially after dealing with a frustrating day of travel. I am delighted that our staff was gracious and helpful and was even able to accommodate you with a late check out. I would like to apologize for the experience you had with the Port Canaveral package that we offer to guests wanting round trip transportation to and from the port. I will be following up with the transportation company to address these matters directly. I also apologize for the lack of service the by the front desk as they could have assisted you in contacting the transportation service. There are many different options offered as far as transportation to the port depending on the needs of the guest and I am sorry that the agent that assisted did not make that clear. I will be sure to review this at my next department meeting with all of the guest services team. Thank you for the feedback. Please, if you wish to share any additional feedback feel free to contact me directly.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

We recently went on our first cruise, and following lots of advice, arrived in Orlando the day prior - just in case. We booked a room at The Hampton Inn and Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village and it was perfect! Once we had our bags, we called the hotel and the shuttle was sent over immediately to pick us up. Shuttle driver was professional and friendly. Hotel was clean, comfortable, and quiet! Several restaurants were within an easy walk for dinner, and, like all Hamptons, a quality breakfast was served in the hotel the next morning. (Let's be clear, it is not a gourmet or cooked to order breakfast, but it is good, filling, and gets the job done!) The hotel was even willing to shuttle us to Wal-Mart or anywhere within a three mile radius for whatever we needed. The next morning, we hopped the shuttle back to the hotel (be sure to schedule the shuttle the night before!) where we checked in for our cruise transportation. A perfect night before our vacation!

Stayed January 2014
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share such detail feedback with us and the Trip Advisor Community. We are glad you chose to stay with us before you first cruise experience. We are pleased that the shuttle service was prompt and the accommodations were clean, comfy, and quiet during your stay and we look forward to welcoming the next time you travel to or through Orlando! Thank you again for your feedback and please feel free to contact me if you need assistance in the future.

Allison.Martin2@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village? Share your experiences!