“Stayed 2 separate nights in 1 week!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5460 Gateway Village Circle, Orlando, FL 32812 (Orlando International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10% with AAA
Ranked #4 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Germantown, Wisconsin
“Stayed 2 separate nights in 1 week!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I recently flew into Orlando Intl Airport on our way to a cruise leaving out of Miami. We stayed here the night we arrived in Orlando and then again 5 nights later before our early morning flight home. This hotel is brand new and beautiful. It was exceptionally clean as well. The breakfast was the usual Hampton Inn breakfast which met our expectations. The only real complaint I would have is that the first night we checked in the man at the desk seemed hurried and unsure of things. We were not identified as Hilton Honors members and not informed of any of the usual information given, breakfast hours, etc. On our return night, Stanley was at the front desk and checked us in. He was amazing! He was super friendly and welcomed us as Hilton Honors members. He even reminded us of the 100% satisfaction policy of the hotel. He was able to find us a room even though we were checking in early and even asked us if we would like a wake up call the next morning. We would definitely return here if we were to need a room close to the airport again!

A warning to any travelers who need to fill up their rental cars with gas before returning them to the airport. The 2 closest gas stations to this hotel charge $2.00/gallon over the market price!! If you drive a few blocks past you will find gas stations that are not trying to rip off the tourists!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your feedback during your two stay. I have share your comments with Stanley and recognized the great job he did, I will follow up with the rest of the team to bring them to the level of service Stanley provided for you. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

525 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Warner Robins, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a brand new, sparkling, modern hotel. As usual the beds are awesome. The breakfast was tasty, well maintained,and plentiful. The hotel has a beautiful setting and lovely landscaping. Plenty of parking and it is well lit. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. Many restaurants within walking distance: Bonefish Grill, NY Diner, TGIF.
The only cons, and the staff assured us that this would be changed by our next visit in December:
the bathroom light and the sink lights are connected. In other words if you want to be able to sleep while your companion is taking a shower pull the blanket over your head. And the night light is connected behind the switch in the sink area, this is too bright as it shines onto the sliding closet doors (mirrored), hopefully this will also be corrected. The night noises are the planes flying overhead. Can't remedy that one!
Their rates were very reasonable and overall we enjoyed our visit!

Room Tip: The King suite is spacious and we were on the 6th floor. The overhead plane noises can't be reme...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay while your were our guest. You are definitely correct on the inconvenience of the light switch for the bathroom in our suites. I have spoken to the the builder and this issue will be fixed in the next few weeks. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Lakeland, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Let me start by saying this hotel is immaculate. It is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at and that's saying a lot. I am a Hilton HHonors diamond member and I stay in a Hilton property nearly every other week for business.

Now for the check-in process. I arrived just after 4PM, which is the stated check-in time. I was not greeted as a HHonors diamond member. After taking my credit card I was informed no rooms were available. Ryan at the front desk seemed quite discombobulated between answering the phone and trying to find a room for me. His coworker offered to help him with the workload and his response was always "Nah, I got it."

After about 7 minutes of trying to find an open room he attempted to contact the housekeeping manager (I believe the name was Marguerite) via radio. No response. Tried again, no response. She finally shows up at the front desk and says she doesn't know if there is a room or not, but there might be one on floors 2 or 5. She looks at the computer for a few minutes and writes a few room numbers down on a post-it note and hands it to Ryan. Finally, they give me my keys and send me to a room on the 2nd floor. The maid is just coming out of the room. The entire process took about 17 minutes with no one in front of me on queue.

The breakfast was good, especially the waffles. The gravy for the biscuits and the eggs were lukewarm though. Coffee was good as well.

I would give this property a better review had it not been for the check-in process. You can't beat the location, airport shuttle, price, and cleanliness of this hotel. The customer service just needs a little improvement. It would have been so easy to say "Sir, it will be just a few more minutes on your room. If you'd care to take a seat in our lounge area we will notify you as soon as a room becomes available." Instead, they made a customer wait around with no real information about how long it would be or what was going on.

Room Tip: My room had a lot of light coming in at night from the parking lot and pool area, even with the curt...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Please accept my apologies for the check in process, it did not live up to our expectations or yours. I will do some follow up to try to avoid this happening to any other guests in the future. We appreciate your feedback on both the positive and the negative aspects of your stay. I will make sure to share your review with my team. We appreciate you being a Diamond Hilton Honors member, if you would like to contact me directly please do so by phone or email.

Welshman In England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We required an overnight stay after arriving at Orlando International Airport from the UK in the evening. We booked this hotel for one night before driving to our destination of St Augustine.
The hotel was very clean with our double queen room spacious,well equipedand quiet.
The hotel boasted a large patio area to the rear with comfortable soft furnished chairs and sofas,set around an ornamental fire.Adjoining the patio was a
pool area,the poolcontaining salt water.
Breakfast was a hot buffet with continental option.For value for money this hotel is hard to beat.We paid roughly £60 for good accomodation,facilities and a good nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2012
We are glad you found everything you needed during your stay. We hope you had a great visit while in the United States. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Tripadvisor. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Ft Walton Beach FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Brand spanking new hotel with a motivated staff and up-to-date capabilities. At the moment, they're offering very competitive rates. Short walk to several restaurants (Bonefish Grille, New York Deli, Longhorn Steakhouse). Typical Hampton Inn amenities, bath products, etc., but brand spanking new. About a half mile from another (older) Hampton Inn. Good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Orlando, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the location was convenient for you. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

1-407-857-2830 P
1-407-857-2831 F
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

A very pleasant experience at this new hotel. The staff were all particularly helpful. Most notably the breakfast crew. We arrived downstairs at 0955 for the complimentary breakfast which shuts at 1000. The breakfast was just beginning to be taken down. We requested toast (which had already been removed) and they couldn't have been more delighted to help. The ladies offered danishes and muffins as well. (The full spread included hot biscuits and gravy, cheese omelets, cereals, cut and whole fruit, juices and a waffle station) Upon seeing that my boyfriend was in his military uniform one of the ladies brought him a care package- the 'breakfast on the go' brown bag for a snack for him later in the day. How thoughtful! I am very disappointed that neither my boyfriend nor I had any cash on us at all and next time I will try to overcompensate for my lack of tip.

Additionally I was able to request a late check out until 1 p.m. (which I love). As a bonus I didn't have housekeeping knocking on my door once to try to hurry me along or disturb my requested 'shhhh' door signage.

As for the amenities- obviously it is brand new the place - opened in September 2012 I believe-and is spotless (save for a bit of construction dust and painting). I utilized the gym which has free weights and a couple of machines. The treadmill was the kind I like with the TV screens and ipod charger. Gym is small but has the necessary items and has a high celing and looks out onto the pool area which makes it have the sense of a bigger area. Not a at all a dingy hotel gym. The pool area is great with an outdoor lounge area around a fire pit. The chaise lounges and chairs on the patio are so comfy. And as a bonus the wifi works out there so you can sunbake while getting your work done. The beds were comfy and the downstairs all hours complimentary coffee station is a bonus too. There is a business center with 2 computers and a laser jet printer which allows you to print from your own device. (Apparently you enter a code into a keypad next to the printer). There is a little hotel shop that sells amenities as well as snack items and frozen meals which you can heat up. Parking is complimentary- which is stellar near the airport and in the same parking lot there is a Bonefish Grill, TGI Fridays, New York Deli and some steak looking place. I've stayed at several of the MCO airport hotels and this one is definitely my favorite. Also if you are a Hilton Honors member- check the site for deals I stayed here on a Points plus Money certificate for $40. Steal!

Lastly, I tend to shy away from Hampton Inns because I worry there will be a million kids and families- this one was really quiet and seemed full of business-y types. Quiet relaxing stay. I think that the place is Excellent for what it is. It's not a Ritz property and has no hotel bar or restaurant, so it's not 5 star for amenities but in it's class it is shines!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review regarding your stay. We are glad that the hotel was a great fit for your needs. We look forward to you staying with us in the future. Please let me know if I can assist you with reservations for the future or any other request.

______________________________

Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the nicer Hampton inns I've been to. the suites are large and include a desk with a big screen TV in the center and a large stall shower. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and nice.

• Stayed October 2012
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
We are very pleased that everything met your expectations during your stay. We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review of our property. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will choose to stay with us. If there is anything I can help you with please contact me directly,

______________________________

Country
sebastian.peralta@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village? Share your experiences!