“Unique and flavorful” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 105 Dessert in Orlando
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Seating, Takeout
Description: We have over 50 different things you can toss into your ice cream, including homemade caramel and fudge, so you can be the chef and create your own unique ice cream flavor, which we then freeze up before your eyes using liquid nitrogen. If you are a local and you'd like a fun place to take the family for an affordable night out, or a tourist looking for one of those unique world-class experiences that only Orlando can offer, then Private Island is the place for you!
“Unique and flavorful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Excellent ice cream. My family and I found this place through trip advisor. It is definitely worth going to. The customer service was excellent. Children and adults both will enjoy making their own flavor combinations and then watching the whole process.

• Visited May 2013

UK
“What flavour next time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was searching on tripadvisor for somewhere new to try & i came across this place, we have passed many times before without noticing but today we stopped and i'm very pleased we did.
We were greeted and asked if was our first time, he then explained the process. We all tried different flavours (for me, after much deliberation) and were all in agreement that it was the best ice cream we had tasted We will definitely be stopping by again & again & again...........

• 4 of 5 stars
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent custom ice cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I was searching for a quick treat before we flew home and this was the perfect spot. My six year old daughter loved getting to customize her own ice cream flavor and we all loved watching it turn into ice cream with the liquid nitrogen.

My toddlers had fun playing with the toys that were in the shop while we all created our flavors. He has suggested combinations but we all chose our own.

Definitely will be back on our next trip.

• 5 of 5 stars
“Freshest and best ice cream I ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We found this place on trip advisor just before leaving for our holiday in Florida.
Boy am I glad we did!
Yummiest ice cream ever prepared à la minute. The ingredients were all fresh and a lot of them home made! The fudge was absolutely delicious!!
Very cool to watch the whole process. From batter to liquid nitrogen to mixing and serving.
Met the owner and his family, all very helpful and polite.
I had the peanutbutter/fudge, my husband had the coconut caramel, my mother had the vanilla..... Mmmmmm!!!!
We will go back with the rest of the family tomorrow. Excited to see what flavor combinations they choose, haha! There are soooo many to choose from...
Good price too, 5$ for a huge portion. If you can't finish it, you can even refreeze it and it tastes as delicious as when it was newly made.

Jackson, Tennessee
“Excellent ice creme made before your eyes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This little place is in a small shopping center and is easy to miss if you aren't looking specifically for it. Don't pass it by!! Some of the best ice creme I've had. Shames Baskin Robbins and other chain places. Owner is friendly and talkative and explains exactly how he is going to make your treat. There are too many flavor combinations to count. You can flavor the ice creme itself and add things to it.... Like red velvet cake with chocolate chips, or vanilla with marshmallow and brownie, or chocolate ice creme with peanut butter... Which is the three we got. They were all wonderful. The chocolate ice creme was smooth and silky with a delicious peanut butter ribbon. They make their own brownies, cake, icing, ect to add in and they were all very good. Watching the ice creme base go from liquid to frozen when the liquid nitrogen is added is super cool and my son really enjoyed watching it. All the ice cremes were so smooth... No crunchy ice crystals or grittiness. Go here! Now! Oh, and there is only one portion size offered but for the price it's a Bargin. It would cost thirty bucks probably to get this amout of ice creme with addins at another place like Cold Stone Cremery.... And I usually find that the chain places ice cremes are too sweet. This isn't. It's perfect.

• 3 of 5 stars