“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,769 of 3,086 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: I believe Klem's is owned by a local fire fighter and his wife. They cook all of their food "low and slow." The smoker is right outside the dining room and anyone is welcome to check it out. The ribs, brisket, pulled pork and chicken are very tasty... three sauces, regular, sweet and spicy. The latter two just verr off from the regular. The potato wedges are incredible.
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for real authentic BBQ this is the place to go! Steve and the staff are great and the food is phenomenal! Anyone who visits Orlando have to check this place out :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Orlando, Florida
“Klem's brings breakfast to Bithlo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I stopped by Klem's for lunch; and, were confronted with a sign on the door indicating new breakfast hours -- Sunday-through-Wednesday, 6:00 AM until 12:30 PM. Lunch and dinner are only available Thursday through Saturday, from midday until midnight, or thereabouts.

It was 12:15 PM on a Wednesday, so breakfast was served!

We had beef brisket and pulled-pork sliders, (2 each with a drink for $4.50!) The meat was tender, juicy, and smokey. The regular sauce was a nice touch of seet, smokey flavor. We also tried the hashbrown casserole, which was very good.

The traffic on Colonial can be very difficult; but, Klem's is a welcome stop. We normally visit Klem's on Saturday, so we're going to try to return soon. However, I can't wait to try more of the breakfast items -- brisket omelette?!?

• Visited December 2012
“Good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I'm pretty sure they put marshmallows in their baked beans. Other than that, everything was great.

I got the combo which came with spare ribs, chicken, brisket, and pulled pork. It came with 3 sides, which I chose the aforementioned baked beans, collared greens, and mac n' cheese. The mac n' cheese was good, but not great. My friends liked the marshmallowy baked beans, but they weren't for me. The greens were outstanding (lots of pork cooked in)! All of the BBQ was great, especially the chicken. All that food for about $10!! You can't beat that price.

We sat outside where you can admire their smoker... I want one for my backyard. Service was very friendly. I'd go back, for sure.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vero Beach, Florida
“fantastic BBQ (should be on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stopped into this little bbq place on the east side of Orlando on SR 50 near the Bithlo Speedway for lunch and wow, what a surprise!!!! The smoked brisket sandwich was "two-fisted" size with layers of finely cut smoke brisket done to perfection and with the two sides of cole slaw and baked beans which were superb. The coleslaw ingredients gave it a sweet/tart taste and was so good I wish I had room to eat more. The baked beans were cooked in a smooth sauce with pork and were just to die for more. It's a neat little joint and believe me I'll be stopping by there again for more of the same. The parking lot needs some work and the owner said that was the next thing on their agenda, but who cares when they're serving bbg that fantastic!!!!! I will return!! Eric Johnson, Vero Beach, Florida

• Visited August 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Klem's cooks it low and slow for great flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family and I have been to Klem's at least three times in as many weeks. I usually get the sampler platter, my wife the ribs and the same for my daughter, although she likes the chicken too. The food I'd ver good, with just the right smoke taste, tender, but not falling apart. The potatoes are outstanding, which you may find odd in this review, but they are just that good! Same thing with the greens, just a hint of heat, flavorful and juicy. Meals come with three side, the baked beans are full of smoked pork. The place is completely renovated and looks great inside. Don't let the parking lot throw you, it's definitely worth stopping by.

• Visited July 2012