“A Must See In Orlando!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #74 of 285 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: The Holy Land Experience is designed to show visitors what it was like to live in the time of Jesus Christ.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Cincinnati, OH
“A Must See In Orlando!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

After reading some of the other reviews, I was a little apprehensive. However, I'm glad I decided to make up my own mind. I would suggest getting there right before they open because a couple of the really great skits were held early. I found them to be informative and inspiring. The reflection garden was beautiful and really did promote quiet time and prayer. My favorite experience was the recreation of the Last Supper. The staff made it seem SO real, you could believe that you were really there. Even though I was there with my elderly mother, we visited the children's section. I found it inviting and a great place to introduce children to the stories of the Bible. All in all, it was a marvelous experience and I'll be back with my entire family.

Scarborough,Ontario
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

,My sister &I visited THLE for the first time last year April 2008 and had an absolutely fantastic day, We felt we were so blessed by every "story" and the singing and acting was every bit as good as live theatre seen in any major city ...We are planning a return trip this year with another sister and can hardly wait to re experience it with her. A day very well spent for a very good price. Very moving as well as informative ... Scarborough,Ontario CANADA.

Davenport, Florida
“Don't Miss It!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

Our first visit to The Holy Land Experience was not long after it opened and we continued to visit the park every time we came to Florida. Now, we live near Orlando and visit even more often. Obviously, there is much we like about spending our time and money there.

We were not at first pleased with the changes TBN made after they bought the park in 2007. We had loved the "authentic" feel of the pre-TBN park and were somewhat put off by the "show biz" atmosphere they brought in.

On the other hand, they also poured millions into upgrading and promoting the park, the performances and attendance has gone up. Still, we have never had to fight the crowds, even though seating is at a premium for the shows. I often have to stand or sit on the ground.

We are warming up to TBN's changes and actually beginning to applaud them. The dancing water is lovely and the landscaping is restored. There are more attractions, shows and people to help you with anything from prayer to finding what you want to eat.

The main cafe is quite small, but the line moves quickly, the food is good and the portions large. We have note eaten at any of the stands, but have enjoyed drinks and fantastic desserts at the coffee shop.

Plan to arrive early to take in the morning performances, and be sure to find a seat over by the garden Tomb well in advance of the Crucifixion/Resurrection because that is always the highlight of the day and draws a crowd.

All in all, we feel the Holy Land Experience is worth your time and money, is educational, inspirational and entertaining. Now that we're locals, we bring visiting friends and relatives to the park as well as Disney, considering these our favorite Orlando attractions. Don't miss either of them!!

Valrico
“Don't waste your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

We were pleasantly surprised that parking was free. That was the highlight of our day. It became obvious that this park was not prepared for more than a few people at a time. What a shame. It had so much potential. The prices for tickets and food were outragious for what you got. The website looked really good so we were ready for a great day only to be very disappointed once we got there. The patrons were pushy and rude, not unlike other theme parks, but we expected more here. I only point this out because the park was not designed for very many people at once and the lack of seating brings out the worst in some.

Please save your money. This 'Experience' is not worth it.

North Carolina
“We really liked it...I was surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

After reading reviews of the HLE, I was nervous since I had already purchased my non-refundable tickets online. The reviews were mixed so I did not have high expectations. However, when we arrived, we were pleasantly surpised.

The things I loved...the landscaping was beautiful...very serene and calm and the statues were so breathtaking. I loved the fact that there aren't overpriced vendors every five feet trying to sell you $12.00 toys or $5.00 drinks. It wasn't that crowded....parking is FREE...admission is very reasonable @ only $30.00 per adult ticket and $15.00 per child online. This price combined couldn't have gotten us one admission into Universal! The history lesson here is good...not overwhelming but not extensive either...I kind of expected more. The Jerusalum replica is the largest of its kind in the world and it's great...and the Crucifixion is wonderful...my 9 year old son cried. It is a bit graphic but not nearly as bad as I might have thought...just enough to make you think. The food was good, the scenery was the best, it was quiet, and the owners put quite a bit of work into this.

I wasn't so happy with the price of the food....$42.00 for Chic-Fil-A for four...but I can't really gripe because free parking and low price admission made up for it. I did wish that they had more of a selection. The one main restaurant was way overcrowded so we opted for a small food vendor. There is also a coffee house with EXCELLENT chocolate cake. Yummy! They have three places to shop and they don't hassle you and are not too overpriced. I was hoping to see more "Holy Land" type momentos though.

The park for the price paid was great and the play was moving.. note...it is only performed once a day at 2:30. We did not see the light show but I heard it was good. All in all, I would definitely go there again. if you want 70 foot roller coasters and thrills and crowds, this is not the place to go. But if you'd like to go somewhere a bit on the cheaper side, with a very relaxed atmosphere, a little spirituality, and some calm and serenity, and something different...this is well worth $30.00 We enjoyed it.