“Yummy Sweet Treats in Epcot's Germany” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 3,263 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: German
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Yummy Sweet Treats in Epcot's Germany”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

You won't like this place if you don't like sweets! But if you do, it's heaven. The smell surrounding the entire store is delicious and inviting. Set up like a confectionary, you can choose from various caramel treats from the display cases, caramel apples, turtle candies, etc. I chose a dark chocolate covered caramel and it was great! Perfect balance of sweet and slightly salty. Would definitely pick up a snack here again!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Welcome to Caramel HEAVEN!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Oh my god, a Disney dining establishment that actually lives up to the hype? Color me pleasantly surprised! Yes, this place as good as the reviews say it is. If you're considering going - go! This is caramel and chocolate heaven.

After reading reviews, I had high expectations for my visit to Karamell-Kuche. I am happy to say it lived up to every one of them! From the moment you walk in and breathe in all that heavenly caramel smell to watching the employees making caramel popcorn and chocolate and caramel strawberries as you wait in line, this place is incredible. For Disney nerds like myself who care about this kind of thing, the theming is wonderful: it really feels like a cozy little bakery in Germany, right down to the warm lighting and latticework on the windows. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and even gave suggestions for what were the best sweets. The suggestions were much appreciated, as it's very easy to get overwhelmed in this place. There are three cases full of treats, but unfortunately they're located at the end of the line, right before the register. You can find everything caramel here: caramel apples, popcorn, chocolate fudge, chocolate strawberries, turtles, pretzel sticks, cookies, pecan bars, brownies, and rice krispie treats. I'd highly recommend scoping out the cases before getting in line and then mulling it over as you wait. It's a tough decision!

Wanting to take full advantage of the shop's specialty, we tried the caramel apple cookie and the chocolate covered caramel with sea salt. While the chocolate caramel was as rich as you'd expect, the caramel was pretty hard and not as gooey as it should have been. The sea salt on the top was a nice touch, though I found myself wishing there was more of it. Now, surprisingly enough, the caramel apple cookie was the real standout. I had been reluctant to get it, thinking that I can get a cookie anywhere on property, but this one was excellent. Dried apple chunks filled the large oatmeal cookie and a healthy dose of caramel covered the top. It was soft, it was gooey, it was perfection. Fantastic!

Unfortunately, despite all of these wonderful treats, I have to ding Karamell Kuche a star because everything is just so pricey. Yeah, I know it's Disney, but paying ~$5 for a dessert kind of grinds my gears. If you're on the Disney Dining Plan, this would be a great place to use a snack credit and really get some bang for your buck.

For a sweets lover, Karamell-Kuche is a must stop in Epcot! I can't wait until my next visit - I want to try everything they offer!
Happy World Showcase eating!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Delicious! The shop smells GREAT!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had the chocolate covered pretzel w/ dark chocolate and carmel...it was very good. However, I didn't really taste the carmel. I should have gone with something a little more "carmely", I suppose. Someone else in party got the chocolate and carmel marshmallow. That was good. I'm not a marshmallow fan though. Overall, this place is a must do. I would recommend trying something that looks like it has a lot of carmel, since you are visiting a carmel shop. Although the chocolate and carmel combo compliment each other perfectly, the chocolate over powered. Delicious nonetheless!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Port Richey, Florida
“The best stuff ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a must do every time we go to Epcot!! The popcorn,apples, and everything in the case is to die for!! There isn't enough good I can say for this place, next trip to Epcot,your gonna def wanna stop on by!!!You won't be disappointed!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pontypool
“There's caramel - what's not to like”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Caramel popcorn - ask at the counter for the freshly made packets (not the prepackaged type in polythene). We generally bought 2 or 3 different items and walked up to Africa. Grabbed a drink from the outpost there and sat on the rather dainty little chairs opposite the outpost and shared the snacks - one caramel mouthful each. Fabulous. The strawberry didn't divide into 4 well or 3 or 2 but I can assure my family it was up to scratch! Caramel popcorn my favourite though.

Visited August 2012