“Chronicles of a Sh*& Wreck” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, Spanish, Tapas, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Chronicles of a Sh*& Wreck”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

As I can see from the previous comments made and first hand experience, this place is a sh*& wreck. As many , I too did purchase the Groupon and instantly felt a distant and lost of interest from our waiter (which I am assuming is also the owner.) First and for most, I am NOT one to be picky about portion size, especially comparing portion sizes to other tables. The first red flag telling me to get the beep out , was when we were not offered a complimentary basket of bread, whereas the other table around me were. I said to myself, let me just wait 15 min. to see if he'll just acknowledge this obvious observation.. we literally had to ask someone else for it. Sh*& wreck. The second red flag is when we were served our calamari.. there was barely, let me repeat that BARELY any calamari on our plate... and there was a fly in our dipping sauce! I told the waiter about this and I would not be surprised if he just took it out with his dirty hands and reserved us the same sauce. The other tables also order the calamari, their portion was pilled high, a full portion. Was I not clear when I state I wanted a full size not half ...? And half is not even an option on the menu lol The service was so terrible. I've had bad service but not like this. He didn't even acknowledge us the whole time we were seated: to ask us how we were doing, do we need more water, how's the food taste , etc etc etc.. AND THE WORST PART IS THAT THE PAELLA WAS EVEN MORE OF A SH*& WRECK! Toooooo salty! and the seafood was totally Winn Dixie/ Wal-Mart over the counter seafood packages for $5.00 a pack. Just awful. I know the deal on Groupon sounds really good but just save your souls and wanting to be cheap like me and go elsewhere. Save the trouble if you can and embarrassment to be even seen in that place if you can.
Have a blessed day Guys! :)

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Pretty good paella”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This restaurant has a great paella for a reasonable price. The portions are big; 3 people can eat a paella for 3. Recommend the mixed paella with seafood, chicken, pork and chorizo.

For appetizer, we had the tortilla Espanola (omelet with potatoes) and it was tasty and the right moist.

It's not a fancy place, but the food is good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicagoland
“Definitely Trying Hard - Perhaps I Had A Bad Nite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Went there based on TA reviews - I'm a huge fan of paella / tapas, and they definitely cover some of the key areas: croquettes, sangria, paella. Collective feedback from all four in my party - just average on the classics, but sangria was good. One in my party ordered the mahi mahi entree and indicated it was quite (and surprisingly) good. The Valencian paella was subpar - tasted like frozen veggies and unseasoned meat. Would return to give them another try - suspect I just had a bad nite here.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Really folks'! Not a lot here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Sometimes you can tell quality by the number of people entering or leaving at dinner time. We visited today after reading the good reviews. We sat out front in the parking lot for 10 minutes. No one left or entered. That should have been a clue! There was one other couple sitting in this place containing wooden tables. We stayed. The calamari was good. The dipping sauce was unflavorable. The sangria was flat however the wine was excellent. The hot rolls were very good. We ordered the seafood paella which was somewhat tasteless but ok for locals, I think. Not something that I would return for seconds. The men's bath was dark because only one of the four light bulbs was working. We were there for about 1.5 hours and other than the couple at the other table, there were no other paying customers. This place as potential within the local community that is looking for a Spanish dish. However, beyond the local family related clients, it leaves a lot to be desire. However, I support small family owned businesses and I hope they get a great chef to help the business grow.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mold, United Kingdom
“OK but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I can't understand all the glowing reviews. It was OK but it was far from five star. We had the house special cold tapa. Presentation was basic, the olives were pimento stuffed from a jar, supermarket quality, also the meats and cheese could have been bought in Publix down the road.

The paella mixta again was OK but the ingredients were not fresh, the chicken and the calamari were rather chewy.

Service was great though, but we were the only customers there on a Monday night.

All in all a resounding average.

Visited April 2014