“Boardwalk view is the best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's BoardWalk Villas

Save Saved
You added Disney's BoardWalk Villas to your Saves list
Disney's BoardWalk Villas
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2101 Epcot Resort Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #72 of 326 hotels in Orlando
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Boardwalk view is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a boardwalk view this visit and it was great! The staff was extremely helpful and nice. The room wasn't quite ready when we got there, but they called us when it was. We had an awesome vacation!

Room Tip: Boardwalk view if you can get it is great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

716 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

New DVC owners & this is our home resort- LOVE it !! We stayed @ Beach Club before & liked the area very much. The Boardwalk side seem to have more going on & dining options. Pool area was great, villas were nice, Cast Members were very polite & helpful. Great visit to Boardwalk Villas & love our new DVC home resort !!

Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just returned from a week long stay at the Boardwalk Villas. We had a one bedroom on the 4th floor. The overall impression of the room was great, although not perfect as I noticed several maintenance items (mostly cosmetic). We did have a washer / dryer in our room, but the lid on the washer was broken and gave us some difficulty. It also took several cycles on the dryer to get the clothes dry. Although the hotel does offer a small guest laundry, the washer / dryer in our room was very handy, as we changed clothes several times a day due to the heat and humidity! I found the bed in the room to be very comfortable and my son slept well on the pull out sofa. The balcony was nice for drying swimsuits, but offered no real privacy. Our room was facing the "quiet" pool. Although no swimmers bothered us, they did show movies there nightly and the noise was very noticeable in the room. The Boardwalk area is very nice and includes shops and restaurants. We frequented the bakery almost daily. The Villas are within easy walking distance to Epcot and within very reasonable walking distance to Hollywood Studios. Don't waste your time waiting on a boat! We took the bus to Magic Kingdom and the Animal Kingdom. Bus service is nice and cool, but there are several stops at other hotels both leaving and returning to the Boardwalk. Overall, I was very pleased with the hotel. Although I don't anticipate a quick return to Disney, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I recently enjoyed our stay in Walt Disney World at the Boardwalk Villas. Overall we had a wonderful time and the location of the Boardwalk is great! It's nice to have great restaurant and food options within walking distance of the hotel. I also love being able to walk or take a boat into EPCOT and the Studios rather then always relying on a bus.

When staying somewhere I always prefer a villa over a hotel room, I like to spread out and have access to a kitchen and washer/dryer. With that I have stayed in Villas all over the world and these by far were the most expensive villas I have rented. With that and it being Disney I expected top-notch accommodations and I feel like it fell a little short of that.

The rooms were nice, the staff was friendly, and as a whole I had a great time. But the room could use a little updating and TLC for the price you pay. The bed spread had some stains on it (which the staff quickly took care of when we called about it), the kitchen floor seemed a little dirty upon our arrival, and the furniture (especially the kitchen table) showed a lot of wear and tear - it was not kept up to what I believe are the Disney Standards.

The only other issue I had was that they didn't really make it clear as to where to bring your garbage - so we had an over flow in the apartment. House-keeping did show up mid-stay to take garbage, they did not notify us as to when they would be coming, so they came while we were all sleeping we weren't prepared. Half-asleep I only gave them the kitchen trash...so all of the other garbage was still full and it wasn't until a day before we left that I found where to take it. I could have called and asked, but we were so wrapped up in vacation that I just never got to it. This should have been mentioned during check in. In regards to towel service, when they came to get the garbage they also dropped off fresh towels, but they didn't take any of the used towels so we had towels pretty much everywhere you looked which just made the place very messy.

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just back from another great stay at the Boardwalk. No complaints here. The room was great. The pool was great. Location is the best at Disney. Staff now meeting guests at curb with an Ipad and letting guests relax in the lobby while they take care of entire checkin process. There are no more lines at checkin. If there is only one thing that wasn't perfect it was that the elevator was pretty worn out. With all the traffic that it sees...I don't think that was a big deal. Of all the Disney hotels...this is still on the top shelf. Enjoy.

Room Tip: The only way to get a view of the Boardwalk is to book that category of room. If you plan to spend...
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We returned two days ago from our family trip (kids ages 12 & 10), and although we had a wonderful time, the hotel was the lowest point.

Pros: It is an incredibly easy walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Cons:
* Service is rude! Our plane was delayed and we checked in at 11:15pm. The woman checking us in never smiled once. The bellhop happily took our luggage from our taxi, but then we did not see our luggage until midnight. All we wanted to do was go to bed, but had to sit waiting for our luggage. The lobby was empty when we arrived and there were two bellhops inside as well as the gentleman that took our luggage, so there was plenty of staff on hand. I called the bellhop station three times, but they never answered. I called the front desk twice explaining that they were not answering the phone and they transfered me back to the bellhop station! What the heck - from the front desk you CAN SEE THE BELLHOP STATION, why wouldn't anyone at the front desk help us! The next night, my daughter was in the bathtub and my son was in the shower and the fire alarms in our room went off (and they are LOUD). The kids came bolting from the bathroom. We called the front desk and they said they would send maintenance. We waited 10 minutes (sitting the the hall in our pajamas) then called again and waited some more. Two woman literally meandered down the hall, fixed it (it was a low battery), and then walked out saying good night. No apology for the long wait or for inconvenience of sitting in the hallway. Nice. Each evening, my kids would run in to see the towel configuration left by housekeeping - there never was one. We have been to Animal Kingdom Lodge and Bay Lake Towers and they always have adorable Disney shapes in the towels - silly, but the kids love it. Another let down.
* I read the reviews & I do not see how anyone could think these rooms are nice. The bedspread was itchy and dated, the hotel room furnishings were not boardwalk "quaint", but simply old. The bathroom area with the bathtub has no door - very awkward. The rooms was not spacious at all - if you wanted to use the dining room table (seats 4), you had to move it away from the wall, move the two chairs from the kitchen counter bar area, and then the table completely blocked your path to the bedroom and bathroom.
* We packed lightly because we had a washer and dryer in our villa. The dryer took 3 cycles to dry anything so more than once we had to wear something still damp or something we had already worn - either choice is gross. I WILL say that the bathrooms were clean and not dingy at all - but that is all I will say positive about this place.
* The pool area is so cheesy, it is almost comical. Again, not quaint, just cheap looking.
* I also read the reviews that the rooms are far from the lobby, so I requested a room close to the lobby (even though I did not see why this was a big deal). We were NOT close to the lobby at all and the walk was ridiculously far away, and with access to everything near the lobby, it felt like we spent more time walking the long hallway than walking the parks. The hallway is long, narrow, and in real need of some fresh carpet. The reviews are not kidding - it is a LONG walk - and we were not even the farthest away.

We were so impressed with the customer service at Animal Kingdom Lodge and the great 1 BR villa at Bay Lake Towers - The Boardwalk Inn villas should NOT be considered a "Luxury" Disney Hotel. We paid a lot of money for our 1 BR villa, and I would have rather stayed in a one room hotel.

Two Thumbs Down!

Room Tip: Requesting a room close to the lobby did not work for us. If this is important to you, be sure to f...
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at multiple Disney properties (deluxe, moderate, and value) and loved this location the best. Have stayed at beach club too which is great, but this side is more fun and more going on, pool is also less crowed then BC. 5min walk to Epcot And 10 to Hollywood studios. Stayed in villa with a balcony over looking boardwalk, great for pre teen and teenagers. Definitely preferr over magic kingdom resorts bc of location. Room was very nice with a kitchenette, refrig and microwave. Great for breakfast and making snacks or sandwhiches. Very nice to sit and watch Epcot fireworks on the balcony each night.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Disney's BoardWalk Villas? Share your experiences!