We returned two days ago from our family trip (kids ages 12 & 10), and although we had a wonderful time, the hotel was the lowest point.
Pros: It is an incredibly easy walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
* Service is rude! Our plane was delayed and we checked in at 11:15pm. The woman checking us in never smiled once. The bellhop happily took our luggage from our taxi, but then we did not see our luggage until midnight. All we wanted to do was go to bed, but had to sit waiting for our luggage. The lobby was empty when we arrived and there were two bellhops inside as well as the gentleman that took our luggage, so there was plenty of staff on hand. I called the bellhop station three times, but they never answered. I called the front desk twice explaining that they were not answering the phone and they transfered me back to the bellhop station! What the heck - from the front desk you CAN SEE THE BELLHOP STATION, why wouldn't anyone at the front desk help us! The next night, my daughter was in the bathtub and my son was in the shower and the fire alarms in our room went off (and they are LOUD). The kids came bolting from the bathroom. We called the front desk and they said they would send maintenance. We waited 10 minutes (sitting the the hall in our pajamas) then called again and waited some more. Two woman literally meandered down the hall, fixed it (it was a low battery), and then walked out saying good night. No apology for the long wait or for inconvenience of sitting in the hallway. Nice. Each evening, my kids would run in to see the towel configuration left by housekeeping - there never was one. We have been to Animal Kingdom Lodge and Bay Lake Towers and they always have adorable Disney shapes in the towels - silly, but the kids love it. Another let down.
* I read the reviews & I do not see how anyone could think these rooms are nice. The bedspread was itchy and dated, the hotel room furnishings were not boardwalk "quaint", but simply old. The bathroom area with the bathtub has no door - very awkward. The rooms was not spacious at all - if you wanted to use the dining room table (seats 4), you had to move it away from the wall, move the two chairs from the kitchen counter bar area, and then the table completely blocked your path to the bedroom and bathroom.
* We packed lightly because we had a washer and dryer in our villa. The dryer took 3 cycles to dry anything so more than once we had to wear something still damp or something we had already worn - either choice is gross. I WILL say that the bathrooms were clean and not dingy at all - but that is all I will say positive about this place.
* The pool area is so cheesy, it is almost comical. Again, not quaint, just cheap looking.
* I also read the reviews that the rooms are far from the lobby, so I requested a room close to the lobby (even though I did not see why this was a big deal). We were NOT close to the lobby at all and the walk was ridiculously far away, and with access to everything near the lobby, it felt like we spent more time walking the long hallway than walking the parks. The hallway is long, narrow, and in real need of some fresh carpet. The reviews are not kidding - it is a LONG walk - and we were not even the farthest away.
We were so impressed with the customer service at Animal Kingdom Lodge and the great 1 BR villa at Bay Lake Towers - The Boardwalk Inn villas should NOT be considered a "Luxury" Disney Hotel. We paid a lot of money for our 1 BR villa, and I would have rather stayed in a one room hotel.
Two Thumbs Down!
Requesting a room close to the lobby did not work for us. If this is important to you, be sure to f...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.