This was our 2nd stay at a DVC property. (1st was Animal Kingdom - Kidani). I rented points from an owner so we got an awesome deal (you must be do your due dilegence when renting! you could get scammed easily). I think ended up paying a little less than 1/2 price for our 1 bedroom villa. We opted for the standard view and saved some more $$ that way and it was perfect for us because we ultimately wanted a quiet room. The boardwalk or preferred view would have been very noicey IMO.
We had a king bed in our bedroom and a very large two section bathroom - one section with a sink, shower and toilet and the other section w/ a large vanity w/ sink, huge jetted tub and a walk in closet.
The main area had a nicely appointed kitchen, and living area w/ a pull out bed (which our son slept on). There was a closet w/ stackable W&D and a balcony the entire length of our unit.
We were at the VERY end of the hallway , which was nice for the quiet and privacy. However, it is a VERY long walk to the lobby area where you need to catch the buses and/or water taxi's. We did have a stairwell that took us to the pathway that lead to HS. We were on the 4th floor - doable but, really there needs to be at least one or two more elevators in this very large resort.
The hallways are very long after a long day at the park.
As I mentioned this is an older property - it does show some wear & tear - our keycard faceplate on the front door fell off & the door to the laundry was out of whack.
But, mostly everything else was maintained and the whole resort is always very clean!
Two pools - the Luna pool w/ the huge clown slide was a lot of fun for my 5 y.o boy.
They have a community room for children's activities; we did not get to use it as we went to the parks every day (6 days!). They did have some games at the Luna pool on our last (travel) day which my son enjoyed.
Nice health club - we only used shower facilities on check out day.
When you stay on points you do not get daily maid service - staying 7 nights gave us one maid "service" in the middle which consisted of trash removal and new towels.
I thought the bus service to the MK was lacking - we went to MK 3 times and each time we waited on average 20 mins.... there would be 2 AK buses and sometimes 2 DTD buses before we would see a MK bus! Maybe just our bad timing? The buses on the way back from AK (and MK) made between 4 and 5 stops! Just unacceptable IMO! Took over 30 mins.
Everyone seems to complain about bussing from the AKL - but, there is only 1 stop and we never had any issues w/ waiting either?
The water taxi stops up to two times as well on the way to HS and Epcot.
You can easily walk to Epcot 5- 10 min walk. HS is a 20 min walk - we never did it though.
Lot to see and do and eat on the Boardwalk - very busy place. (READ noisey!)
We would stay again - but, only w/ points - this place is not worth $500 a night!?
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Villas Hotel Orlando
- Disney`s Boardwalk Villas Hotel
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel
- Disney Boardwalk Villas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's BoardWalk Villas capture the charm, whimsy and elegance of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City. These Villas, along with adjacent hotel Disney's Boardwalk Inn, put Guests in a prime location to enjoy the carnival sights and ragtime sounds of the BoardWalk, along with the glittering waters and recreation of Crescent Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Disney's BoardWalk Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.