“Wow.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 3,000 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night
Description: 'Ohana restaurant in Disney's Polynesian Resort offers a Character Dining breakfast and a Polynesian-inspired dinner menu. Both meals are served family-style—quite fitting since 'ohana means family in the Hawaiian language.Character Dining at BreakfastJoin Lilo and Stitch for 'Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast! Feel like you're a part of their intergalactic 'ohana when you join them for an American breakfast influenced by the exotic tastes of the Polynesian islands. Menu selections include scrambled eggs, Island-style fried potatoes, Hawaiian pork sausages, smoked bacon and a variety of fresh fruits and breads.Family-Style Polynesian DinnerWhen the doors open for dinner, the bellow of conch shells welcome you to 'Ohana. Adding to the island ambiance are tikis, storytellers and coconut races, in which children sweep coconuts with brooms across the hardwood floor down the center of the restaurant. The family fun continues as everyone is encouraged to play with hula hoops and dance to island music.The 'Ohana servers add to the festive atmosphere, as they dash between tikis and tropical greenery to bring plates of Polynesian specialties to your table. Choose from skewers roasted over an expansive 18-foot oak fire pit, and side dishes include stir-fried vegetables, fried dumplings, lo mein noodles and a salad starter.
“Wow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We finally scored a reservation at 'Ohana after trying to get a table since March. Our reservation was for 9:45, and after reading the online reviews, I went into this a bit skeptical and nervous. I kept reading how the later the reservation, the worse the service was. "Our server was ready to go home, not very attentive, very pushy to get us out of there" seemed to be what I heard the most. I can't tell you how wrong this was. We checked in at 9:20, I requested a table in front of the window as to not to miss the fireworks. I was told they wouldn't promise anything, but would try. Lo and behold, they made it happened. "Cousin" Kaitlin greeted us smiling, extremely friendly and just very genuine as she led us through the restaurant, explaining how everything worked while taking us to our table. Within minutes, our server "cousin" Gary showed up to get our drinks and bring out the first course. The dumplings and the chicken wings were great. The next course of Noodles and veggies came to the table, while the veggies were also fantastic, the noodles, were bland, sticky and just not all that appetizing, but everything will not always be as perfect as one would like, so it wasn't a huge deal for me. Now, let's talk about the main course....THE MEAT. Holy mother of god. The steak was cooked to perfection, the pork was nice and juicy, not dry and tasteless as some of the reviews online had claimed it to be. The shrimp, while ok, wasn't as flavorful as I would have liked. While eating the meat course, the lights were dimmed for the fireworks, we didn't realize they were peel and eat, so the first shrimp went down a bit rough as it had not been peeled before eaten...Whoops. I would strongly suggest you think about switching to already peeled shrimp, that way the seasonings are on the actual shrimp, not just the shell. Now. The dessert. I cannot begin to describe the happiness that was as I dove into what can only be described as heaven on a plate. We were completely stuffed when this came to the table, but we had to eat it anyhow. Cousin Gary was nice enough to bring me an extra jug of that sweet and sticky goodness. It was so yummy that I could have eaten the caramel concoction with my spoon instead of pouring it over the bread pudding and ice cream (I MAY have done it a few times, but hey, it was worth it).

All in all, our experience was BEYOND what I wanted it to be. The four month wait was completely worth it, and I would go back in the blink of an eye. The entire wait staff was courteous, friendly and truly lived up to the Disney mantra where the clients are the most important thing. The few things I would like to see change would be a cleaner waiting area, not littered with empty glasses and beer bottles, a different recipe for the noodles and non peel and eat shrimp. KUDOS to both Disney and 'Ohana for making this dinner one of the most memorable experiences I have ever had, and for making the weekend trip to Disney one of the best ever.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Crystal Lake, Illinois
“One of our all time favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Great food. Great service. Great ambiance. The fact it's all you can eat is a big plus for my family. We love the beef, the pot stickers, the noodles, the chicken wings, etc. It's a much visit for us on every trip to Orlando.

Raceland, Louisiana, United States
“A DISNEY MUST DO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Being that October will make my 20th trip to Disney World I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to write this review. We have eaten breakfast and dinner here over the years and it NEVER disappoints. I knew this was a MUST DO when my husband took his first Disney trip at 23 and it was the best decision I made the whole trip. We did have meals at other sit down restaurants but this was by far his favorite. The amount of food you are given at dinner is unheard of and everything is DELICIOUS! I tend to be a little picky with what I eat but I cleaned my plates, yes PLATES at this place! We've had party sizes ranging from 2-13 and we never felt rushed. I booked this dinner again for our October trip per hubby's request. If you are even slightly considering booking this resturant DO IT! This little piece of heaven on earth books up at lightening speed!

• Visited February 2014
Covington, Georgia
“The best table service meal at Disney!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I can only speak about the dinner experience but this is the best family table service meal at Disney. Great food and fun for the kids!!

• Visited October 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Must do at Disney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Ate at Ohanas for dinner the other night, it was great as always! This is a family must do on any Disney trip. Food is served family style and all you can eat. I love their potstickers, noodles, shrimp, and bread pudding. Great service and fun atmosphere!