“Review for brunch buffet” 4 of 5 stars

407 939 3463
Improve this listing
Ranked #110 of 3,105 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Asian, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Description: 'Ohana restaurant in Disney's Polynesian Resort offers a Character Dining breakfast and a Polynesian-inspired dinner menu. Both meals are served family-style—quite fitting since 'ohana means family in the Hawaiian language.Character Dining at BreakfastJoin Lilo and Stitch for 'Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast! Feel like you're a part of their intergalactic 'ohana when you join them for an American breakfast influenced by the exotic tastes of the Polynesian islands. Menu selections include scrambled eggs, Island-style fried potatoes, Hawaiian pork sausages, smoked bacon and a variety of fresh fruits and breads.Family-Style Polynesian DinnerWhen the doors open for dinner, the bellow of conch shells welcome you to 'Ohana. Adding to the island ambiance are tikis, storytellers and coconut races, in which children sweep coconuts with brooms across the hardwood floor down the center of the restaurant. The family fun continues as everyone is encouraged to play with hula hoops and dance to island music.The 'Ohana servers add to the festive atmosphere, as they dash between tikis and tropical greenery to bring plates of Polynesian specialties to your table. Choose from skewers roasted over an expansive 18-foot oak fire pit, and side dishes include stir-fried vegetables, fried dumplings, lo mein noodles and a salad starter.
Los Angeles, California
“Review for brunch buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

It is so hard to make a dinner reservation! i guess they are very popular. We end up having brunch buffet here, and we love it!!
the characters dining was super fun! and they make sure every character will rotate to your table ( esp Lilo and Stitch!!). It was such a fun dining experience. I think they have kids dancing every hour, and every kids love it so much!! Oh and i love the Micky waffle, and they have killer juice!!

Visited September 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best Dinner I've EVER Had in Disney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ohana is hands-down one of the best meals I've ever eaten in Disney. My mom and I recently dined there for dinner and had an amazing meal. Every server and hostess in the restaurant works extremely hard, yet maintain an positive mood and great energy. Our server, Driss, was absolutely phenomenal! He kept us laughing and always made sure we had the food we wanted. The dumplings were the best thing we ate all night and would have kept eating them had we not been so full! The steak was cooked perfectly and the lo mein and wings were delicious as well. Make sure to save room for dessert because the bread pudding was great! I am not sure if they provide different food for the children, so this could be a tough restaurant for picky kids. The entertainment during the dinner was fun and it was cute to see all the kids hula dancing. Make sure you go hungry! Can't wait to eat here on our next trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Go At Your Own Risk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We ate at Ohana on 11 July. We are DVC members, multiple previous trips to Ohana. Our daughter has an allergy. Unlike other Disney establishments (Tappan Edo on 18 July) who always ask about allergies, neither the host nor server inquired. When our food was served we discovered it had an item my daughter is severely allergic to. We asked our server about it and asked to speak to the Chef. When the Chef came out, our server intercepted her and spoke about our family negatively. It was a stupid and rude thing to do since they had the conversation one table other while we watched and listened. The Chef came over and informed us it was our responsibility to notify our server if we have an allergy. We identified the allergy to the Chef and asked if any other foods contained cilantro. The Chef said no. The Chef was confrontational and rude and I asked to see the manager. The server served us another dish with coriander, (coriander is cilantro seed). Since you are not provided a menu, you must rely completely on the server's food descriptions. In our case we got no food descriptions. My daughter had an extreme reaction. The Manager told us that HIPAA prevents Disney from asking allergy questions. I told him we are DVC members with over 50 trips to Disney and we are always asked (and were asked twice at Tappen Edo later on the 18th). I told him that the Chef served us a food that my daughter was allergic to, even after we identified the food. The Chef then proceeded to our table and began challenging my daughter - at the table! She laid in to my daughter about who said what and whose responsibility this was. Remarkable. I would not expect this service in the worst restaurant you can envision. The manager said he wanted to take care of it and offered to comp our table for our meals. At first we refused. And then he said he insisted. I said OK. When the server brought the bill out only my daughter’s meal was comped. We can afford to pay, but the deal is the server and Chef were rude and ruined a birthday celebration and drug the entire table in it. They did completely ruin our meal and food poisoned my daughter. Obviously the manager has no control over his employees. He even had to ask the Chef to leave our table because she was being so rude and obnoxious. So - Hey Disney. I am a DVC member and Disney Stock Holder. That was about as unmagical an experience as anyone could ever have at any establishment, not to mention the fact that my daughter was violently ill for two days from being served food that contained an allergy that we identified.

OK, beyond my personal tale. This is a typical meat on stick venue. In our past visits, the servers went from table to table with meats fresh from the grill until you tell them to stop. Now, evidently it is the policy for them to bring their one serving of three meats only one time to the table. You have to request them to bring more. In our case we requested them to bring another serving of shrimp. We waited 15 minutes. Our drinks we never refilled. You want to spend 40 bucks a person on bad service, a limited food selection, and a staff policy to restrict food offerings, and risk food poisoning? Knock yourself out. Disney you are not meeting magical standards at Ohana.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is such a great restaurant for a crowd, because I'm pretty sure anyone can find something they can enjoy. In typical Disney fashion, the theme is impeccable, down to the conch arrival announcements.
The service can be a little slow at times, but the entertainment makes up for it. There is a ukelele man, a hula demonstration, a lei ceremony, etc.

As far as the food goes, it is almost spectacular. There are just little touches that need changing, but serving a crowd means not as much spice and flavor some of us might prefer. The desert is the best part of the meal, so save room.

Big hits with our crowd included: The potstickers, the pork, and the bread pudding dessert.

Tip: Get a 9:45 reservation. You can see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom, and they pipe in the Wishes show through the sound system!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We showed up for our reservation 10 minutes early and we were seated almost immediately. Before we even got settled into our seats Lilo was at our table. All of the character interactions seemed a little rushed but they all (Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, Pluto) made it to the table with no issues. They do a fun parade around the restaurant that our daughter enjoyed very much. The food was outstanding. They bring it out on a large platter and it's supposed to be all you can eat but our family of 3 couldn't even finish the first platter, it was more than enough for us! The food was very good and the potatoes were AMAZING! I couldn't get enough! They serve the mango juice to everyone at the table but if you don't like it you can ask for something else. Our cousin (waitress) was really friendly and service was good. This was another great Disney restaurant!